TLWI Rust #89
Welcome to this week's newsletter filled with exciting tech news and updates that you won't want to miss! Get ready to delve into the world of Rust, a powerful programming language that's taking the tech industry by storm.
First up, we've got Learning Rust: My 6 Key Moments, a fantastic read that shares the author's experience of learning Rust and highlights the key moments that made a difference on the journey. Whether you're just starting out or already have some experience in Rust development, this article is sure to provide valuable insights and inspiration.
Next, we've got Foundry, a top-notch toolkit for Ethereum app development that's built using Rust. With its blazing-fast speed, portability, and modularity, Foundry is a game-changer for anyone looking to create powerful and efficient blockchain applications. Check it out and see how it could take your projects to the next level.
If you're interested in the WebAssembly world, then you'll definitely want to check out this standalone JIT-style runtime that's built using Cranelift. With its powerful optimization abilities and easy-to-use API, this runtime has the potential to revolutionize the way we think about WebAssembly execution. Don't miss out on this exciting development!
Ready to take your Rust skills to the next level and land yourself a job as a blockchain engineer? Then don't miss this guide on how to become a blockchain engineer using Rust! Packed full of valuable tips and insights on getting started, sharpening your skills, and finding the right job in the industry, this guide is a must-read for anyone looking to break into this hot field.
Finally, we've got serverless geolocation, an exciting new development that's taking the world by storm. With its powerful capabilities for tracking users' locations, this technology is transforming the way we think about mobile app development and paving the way for new and exciting innovations. Learn more about it and see how you can incorporate it into your own projects.
That's all for this week's newsletter. Thanks for tuning in and we'll be back soon with more exciting tech news and updates!
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
gotoimplementation for Rust (1 day ago)
- Progress Report #10: rustc_codegen_gcc can now bootstrap rustc! (2 days ago)
- C Isn't A Programming Language Anymore - Faultlore (7 days ago)
- difftastic - a diff that understands syntax (4 days ago)
- Porting the Slint UI Toolkit to a Microcontroller with 264K RAM (3 days ago)
- New Tokio blog post: What's new in axum 0.5 (2 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Daniele Frasca: Serverless geolocation
- Omar.unwrap();: Learning Rust: My 6 Key Moments
- evergreen-trading-systems: How to become a blockchain engineer and get a job using Rust
- Aniruddh Agarwal: Rust vs GO: Which One Is Better In 2022?
- Ahmad Rosid: Using Trait for Unit testing in Rust
- Omar.unwrap();: Why You Should Be Worried About the Future of C/C++ in Embedded
- Simon Shine: Has-style traits in Rust
- Simon Shine: Writing code on doors
- Gergely B. B.: cpm-rs, a rust crate for Critical Path Method
- Kognise: Building a Transport Protocol on ARP
- Nivethan: Programming Rust - 01
- Max: Rust's lazy_static! usage benchmarks and code deep dive
- Nick Sittinger: My Journey through the Rust book: Intro
Our Repo Picks
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- gakonst/foundry (Rust): Foundry is a blazing fast, portable and modular toolkit for Ethereum application development written in Rust.
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
- datafuselabs/databend (Rust): A modern Elasticity and Performance cloud data warehouse, activate your object storage for sub-second analytics.
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): A layer 1 for everyone!
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- microsoft/windows-rs (Rust): Rust for Windows
- tree-sitter/tree-sitter (Rust): An incremental parsing system for programming tools
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
- meilisearch/meilisearch (Rust): Powerful, fast, and an easy to use search engine
- hyperium/tonic (Rust): A native gRPC client & server implementation with async/await support.
- huggingface/tokenizers (Rust): 💥 Fast State-of-the-Art Tokenizers optimized for Research and Production
- RustScan/RustScan (Rust): 🤖 The Modern Port Scanner 🤖
- 0x192/universal-android-debloater (Rust): Cross-platform GUI written in Rust using ADB to debloat non-rooted android devices. Improve your privacy, the security and battery life of your device.
- hannobraun/Fornjot (Rust): The world needs another CAD program.
- elkowar/eww (Rust): ElKowars wacky widgets
- H-M-H/Weylus (Rust): Use your tablet as graphic tablet/touch screen on your computer.
- copy/v86 (Rust): x86 virtualization in your browser, recompiling x86 to wasm on the fly
- spacejam/sled (Rust): the champagne of beta embedded databases
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- nushell/nushell (Rust): A new type of shell
- MaterializeInc/materialize (Rust): The Fastest Way to Build the Fastest Data Products. Build data-intensive applications and services in SQL — without pipelines or caches — using materialized views that are always up-to-date.
- iced-rs/iced (Rust): A cross-platform GUI library for Rust, inspired by Elm
- bytecodealliance/wasmtime (Rust): Standalone JIT-style runtime for WebAssembly, using Cranelift
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄