TLWI Rust #77
Hey hey hey, it's time for another exciting issue of our weekly newsletter! This week, we're delving deep into the world of Rust and all the amazing things you can do with it. Are you ready to learn? Let's go!
First up, we've got Foundry. If you're into Ethereum application development and you want something that's blazing fast, portable, and modular, then look no further. This toolkit written in Rust has got you covered. It's packed with all the features and functionality you need to take your Ethereum projects to the next level.
Next, we've got a real treat for all you desktop application developers out there. Check out this amazing resource for building smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend here. It's a game-changer, trust us.
If you're interested in the latest and greatest Rust GUI toolkit, then you'll definitely want to check out Dioxus v0.1. It's a brand new toolkit that works for Web, Desktop, Mobile, SSR, TUI, and it's all about emphasizing developer experience. We're confident you'll love it just as much as we do.
Now, it's time for a little friendly competition. Rust vs C++. Which is better and why? Check out this article to get a breakdown of the pros and cons of each language. It's a tough battle, but someone's got to win.
Finally, we've got something really special for all you game developers out there. This Rust game engine is refreshingly simple and built with data-driven principles in mind. It's the perfect starting point for any new project, and we highly recommend giving it a try.
That's all for now, folks! We hope you enjoyed this week's newsletter and learned something new about Rust. See you next time!
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Federico Terzi: Rust vs C++, which is better and why?
- Enoch Chejieh: How to build a blockchain from scratch in Rust
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Detect single-character XOR
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Implement repeating-key XOR
- 0xMuse: Install Solana on M1 Macs, without Rosetta 💡
- moose: waxy - Part 1 of my attempt to build a community driven search engine
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: Break repeating-key XOR
- YJDoc2: A Rust macro which will derive Bytecode for you
- Dimitri Merejkowsky: Is Rust worth learning? Part 1: logs and secrets
- bolubee101: The Beloved Crab
- Naveen Sahu: CryptoPals Crypto Challenges Using Rust: AES in ECB mode
- Roman Kudryashov: Monitoring Rust web application with Prometheus and Grafana
- Sébastien Belzile: Making Games in Rust - Part 8 - Towards adding a Main Menu
- bolubee101: Rust: Rewriting Experiences
- Jan David: Day 3 – Productive Procrastination
- Ata Kuyumcu: Custom commands in Bevy with extension traits
- Jan David: Day 4 – Adding Tech Debt
- Haider Ali: Want to learn Rust Programming Language
- Roberto Huertas: Open sourcing Licensebat
Our Repo Picks
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- emilk/egui (Rust): egui: an easy-to-use immediate mode GUI in pure Rust
- firecracker-microvm/firecracker (Rust): Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing.
- clap-rs/clap (Rust): A full featured, fast Command Line Argument Parser for Rust
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- sunface/rust-course (Rust): <<Rust 语言圣经(Book & Course)>>对 Rust 语言进行全面且深入的讲解，辅以生动的示例和习题，带你攻克从入门学习到实践应用的各种难关。 我们的目标是做全世界最好的开源 Rust 教程——学 Rust 就上 course.rs。
- sharkdp/bat (Rust): A cat(1) clone with wings.
- containers/youki (Rust): A container runtime written in Rust
- gakonst/foundry (Rust): Foundry is a blazing fast, portable and modular toolkit for Ethereum application development written in Rust.
- datafuselabs/openraft (Rust): rust raft with improvements
- actix/actix-web (Rust): Actix Web is a powerful, pragmatic, and extremely fast web framework for Rust.
- Yamato-Security/hayabusa (Rust): Hayabusa is a sigma-based threat hunting and fast forensics timeline generator for Windows event logs.
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- linebender/druid (Rust): A data-first Rust-native UI design toolkit.
- getzola/zola (Rust): A fast static site generator in a single binary with everything built-in. https://www.getzola.org
- ogham/exa (Rust): A modern replacement for ‘ls’.
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- qarmin/czkawka (Rust): Multi functional app to find duplicates, empty folders, similar images etc.
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
- serde-rs/serde (Rust): Serialization framework for Rust
- hyperium/tonic (Rust): A native gRPC client & server implementation with async/await support.
- iced-rs/iced (Rust): A cross-platform GUI library for Rust, inspired by Elm
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄