TLWI Rust #69
Hello and Happy Thursday, dear readers!
We hope you're ready for another exciting edition of our newsletter, packed with fascinating insights into the tech world. This week, we have a plethora of eclectic offerings to tickle your fancy, so let's dive right in!
First up, we have a modern replacement for the good old 'ls' command that we all know and love. This link is a must-see for all you command-line enthusiasts out there. It's always refreshing to see innovation in the most unexpected of places!
Next up, we have a super-tasty implementation of the QUIC transport protocol and HTTP/3 in the form of a savory treat. Yes, you read that right, this link features a unique recipe where tech meets culinary! We guarantee that this link will leave you both hungry and curious at the same time.
Moving on, we have something for all you Rust programming language aficionados. A Rust port of shadowsocks is making waves in the developer community, and this link will take you straight to the source. We can't wait to see what other exciting Rust-related projects are around the corner!
For those of you who are into cloud-based services, the next link is a game-changer. 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务 promises to revolutionize the way we store and access our data. It's always exciting to see new entrants in this space!
Finally, for anyone looking to get started with Rust for RISC-V Linux, we have some excellent news. This link is your one-stop-shop for all things Rust and RISC-V. It's never too late to pick up a new language and expand your skillset!
That's it for this week! We hope you enjoy exploring the links we've shared and have a great rest of the week. Until next time!
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Janet Blackquill: Introducing hRPC: a simple RPC system for user-facing APIs
- Jared Stanbrough: How to get started with Rust for RISC-V Linux
- David Adewoyin: Top 10 Rust Cargo Commands
- Matt Angelosanto: Improving overconstrained Rust library APIs
- Mandy Moore: Functional Pivoting – Tackling Ruby, Haskell, and Rust Playgrounds with Rein Henrichs
Our Repo Picks
- nushell/nushell (Rust): A new type of shell
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- project-serum/anchor (Rust): ⚓ Solana Sealevel Framework
- firecracker-microvm/firecracker (Rust): Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing.
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- matter-labs/zksync (Rust): zkSync: trustless scaling and privacy engine for Ethereum
- yewstack/yew (Rust): Rust / Wasm framework for building client web apps
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Yet another remote desktop software
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- ogham/exa (Rust): A modern replacement for ‘ls’.
- diem/diem (Rust): Diem’s mission is to build a trusted and innovative financial network that empowers people and businesses around the world.
- solana-labs/solana-program-library (Rust): A collection of Solana-maintained on-chain programs
- cloudflare/quiche (Rust): 🥧 Savoury implementation of the QUIC transport protocol and HTTP/3
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- shadowsocks/shadowsocks-rust (Rust): A Rust port of shadowsocks
- microsoft/windows-rs (Rust): Rust for Windows
- rust-lang/cargo (Rust): The Rust package manager
- near/nearcore (Rust): Reference client for NEAR Protocol
- seanmonstar/warp (Rust): A super-easy, composable, web server framework for warp speeds.
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄