TLWI Rust #68
Hey there Rustaceans!
We hope you're having a great week, with plenty of coding and experimenting going on. If you're looking for some inspiration or just want to catch up on the latest news in the world of Rust, you're in the right place! This week, we've got some amazing links to share with you, so get ready to dive in!
Are you a Python fan who's interested in Rust? Then you won't want to miss the news about a Python Interpreter written in Rust! That's right, folks: someone has taken our favorite programming language and applied it to everyone's favorite language. We're pretty excited about this development, and we think you will be too.
Next up, we've got some information about Const Generics in Rust, and we're here to tell you that it's time to get hyped. If you're not familiar with Const Generics, they are a new feature in Rust that allows you to define constants within your code without having to declare them as separate entities outside of your code. This is a big deal, and we can't wait to see what kind of magic developers will be able to create with it.
Are you interested in self-referential structs in Rust? If so, you're not alone! These powerful data structures are becoming more and more popular among Rustaceans, and it's easy to see why. They allow you to create complex data structures that can be used to represent a wide variety of different phenomena, and they're quite fun to work with too.
If you're into low-level programming, you'll be pleased to know that there's now a window handling library in pure Rust. This library makes it easy to work with windows in a variety of different contexts, whether you're writing a game or building a desktop application. With its simple syntax and powerful capabilities, this library is a must-have for any Rust developer.
Finally, we've got a Cloudflare Developer Challenge: Adding Rust to SvelteKit. This challenge is all about creating web applications with the power and performance of Rust, and we think you're going to love it. If you're up for a challenge and want to expand your web development abilities, this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Good luck!
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Ben Lovy: Prepare your Rust API docs for Github Pages
- Arunanshu Biswas: Self Referential Structs in Rust
- David Berry: A Prime Iterator in rust
- Ayush: Using KI18n with Rust and Qml
- Bastian Gruber: Announcing my book "Rust Web Development"
- Rodney Lab: Cloudflare Developer Challenge: Adding Rust to SvelteKit
- bright inventions: 5 Benefits of Substrate Blockchain
- Antonio-Bennett: Making it easier to contribute to Open Source
- Betelgeuse: .NET Core a staticky linkovaný nativní kód
Our Repo Picks
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
- RustPython/RustPython (Rust): A Python Interpreter written in Rust
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- signalapp/libsignal-client (Rust): undefined
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- rust-unofficial/awesome-rust (Rust): A curated list of Rust code and resources.
- tokio-rs/axum (Rust): Ergonomic and modular web framework built with Tokio, Tower, and Hyper
- hyperium/hyper (Rust): An HTTP library for Rust
- launchbadge/sqlx (Rust): 🧰 The Rust SQL Toolkit. An async, pure Rust SQL crate featuring compile-time checked queries without a DSL. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and MSSQL.
- project-serum/anchor (Rust): ⚓ Solana Sealevel Framework
- solana-labs/solana-program-library (Rust): A collection of Solana-maintained on-chain programs
- datafuselabs/databend (Rust): An elastic and reliable Serverless Data Warehouse, offers Blazing Fast Query and combines Elasticity, Simplicity, Low cost of the Cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy
- rust-lang/cargo (Rust): The Rust package manager
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- PureStake/moonbeam (Rust): An Ethereum-compatible smart contract parachain on Polkadot
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
- mozilla/sccache (Rust): sccache is ccache with cloud storage
- pingcap/talent-plan (Rust): open source training courses about distributed database and distributed systemes
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- rust-windowing/winit (Rust): Window handling library in pure Rust
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- rust-lang/libc (Rust): Raw bindings to platform APIs for Rust
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄