TLWI Rust #65
Kicking things off, we have Fearless-NES, a NES emulator written in Rust. Using Egui, Macroquad, and GilRs (among others), this project is a testament to the power and versatility of Rust as a systems programming language. If you're a fan of classic games or simply interested in Rust development, this is definitely worth checking out.
Moving over to the blockchain side of things, we have the reference client for NEAR Protocol. NEAR is a decentralized application platform that aims to make it easy for developers to build, deploy, and use blockchain technology. The reference client is an open-source implementation of the NEAR Protocol, serving as a starting point for developers to create custom applications on top of NEAR.
Next up, we have a tutorial on sending custom instructions via instruction data in Solana. Solana is a fast and efficient blockchain platform that supports smart contracts, decentralized finance, and more. In this tutorial, you'll learn how to leverage Solana's instruction data to customize the behavior of your transactions and achieve novel use cases.
For developers who prefer web development, we have Actix Web, a powerful and extremely fast web framework for Rust. Actix Web is built on top of Actix, a lightweight actor system that enables asynchronous and concurrent programming in Rust. Whether you're building a REST API, a microservice, or a full-blown web application, Actix Web has you covered.
That's all for this week's newsletter. We hope you'll find these links informative and useful. Stay tuned for more updates from the tech world, and don't forget to hit that subscribe button if you haven't already!
Hot Rust Articles This Week On Reddit
- The Rust Foundation Has Hired Ferrous Systems to Take Over Crates.io's On-Call Rotation (2 days ago)
- Rust Option 30x more efficient to return than Java Optional (4 days ago)
- Making slow Rust code fast (5 days ago)
- Fearless-NES: a NES emulator in Rust, using Egui, Macroquad, GilRs and more... (6 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Colin Ogoo: Solana: How to send custom instructions via instruction data
- librehash: Rust Ephemeral Encrypted Containers/FS (maybe)
- Fomalhaut Weisszwerg: How to overload method in Rust (amount of args differ).
- Antonio-Bennett: Hacktoberfest Week 2
- Fomalhaut Weisszwerg: Rust で関数・メソッドをオーバーロード (多重定義) する方法 その 1
- Fomalhaut Weisszwerg: How to overload function in Rust (Basic case).
- Antonio-Bennett: Refactoring Code
- Harsh Shandilya: Building static Rust binaries for Linux
- Fomalhaut Weisszwerg: Rust 関数オーバーロード、引数の数が異なる場合
- Dan: What's next for AssemblyLift? Data-oriented cloud dev through WebAssembly and capability-based security
- Mansoor Ahmed: What Are the Ways to Handle Errors in Rust?
Our Repo Picks
- 996icu/996.ICU (Rust): Repo for counting stars and contributing. Press F to pay respect to glorious developers.
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- project-serum/anchor (Rust): ⚓ Solana Sealevel Framework
- near/nearcore (Rust): Reference client for NEAR Protocol
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- tokio-rs/tracing (Rust): Application level tracing for Rust.
- tikv/tikv (Rust): Distributed transactional key-value database, originally created to complement TiDB
- datafuselabs/databend (Rust): An elastic and reliable Cloud Data Warehouse, offers Blazing Fast Query and combines Elasticity, Simplicity, Low cost of the Cloud, built to make the Data Cloud easy
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
- rust-analyzer/rust-analyzer (Rust): A Rust compiler front-end for IDEs
- actix/actix-web (Rust): Actix Web is a powerful, pragmatic, and extremely fast web framework for Rust.
- firecracker-microvm/firecracker (Rust): Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing.
- clap-rs/clap (Rust): A full featured, fast Command Line Argument Parser for Rust
- extrawurst/gitui (Rust): Blazing 💥 fast terminal-ui for git written in rust 🦀
- SpectralOps/keyscope (Rust): Keyscope is a key and secret workflow (validation, invalidation, etc.) tool built in Rust
- 0x192/universal-android-debloater (Rust): Cross-platform GUI written in Rust using ADB to debloat non-rooted android devices. Improve your privacy, the security and battery life of your device.
- dandavison/delta (Rust): A syntax-highlighting pager for git
- sharkdp/hyperfine (Rust): A command-line benchmarking tool
- pretzelhammer/rust-blog (Rust): Educational blog posts for Rust beginners
- gfx-rs/wgpu (Rust): Safe and portable GPU abstraction in Rust, implementing WebGPU API.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄