📢 Hey there, awesome newsletter readers! Welcome back to another exciting edition of our weekly blast, packed with all the tech goodness you crave! We've got some pretty cool stuff lined up for you this time, so brace yourselves for an exhilarating ride! 🚀
🔀 Need some fresh alternatives in your life? Look no further! This week, we're diving into the world of alternative Any types, and we've got something special for you – check out this alternative Any type! It's time to shake things up and explore new possibilities, my friend!
🍑 Feeling a little bun-intolerant lately? Don't worry, we've got you covered with a game-changing tool called Bum - Bun Version Manager! 🎉 Forget about juggling multiple versions, because with Bum you can handle all those packages like a pro. So let's get buns-a-rising and take your version control game to the next level!
💻 Have you ever been in a situation where you needed a remote desktop solution, but just couldn't find the right fit? Well, fret no more, because we present to you an absolute game-changer – an open-source remote desktop that's bound to blow your socks off! Say goodbye to expensive proprietary software and say hello to freedom with this awesome alternative to TeamViewer!
✨ Calling all coder gurus and terminal enthusiasts! We've got a treat for you this week! Our resident tech wizard shares their story on why they switched to using k_board instead of termion. Trust us, you don't want to miss this enlightening read! Dive into some nerdy goodness by clicking right here.
📣 It's time for a major update, folks! Our shiny Q3 2023 update is finally here, and we're thrilled to share all the juicy details with you. From exciting new features to enhanced user experience, we've got it all covered. So grab a cup of your favorite beverage and get ready to be blown away by our Q3 2023 update! The future is looking bright, my friends!
That's a wrap for this week, folks! So buckle up and embark on a thrilling adventure through the exciting tech landscape. Remember to stay curious, keep exploring, and be on the lookout for our next issue! Until then, stay geeky and keep embracing the magic of technology! ✨✨✨
Updates From The Rust Team
Our Article Picks
- Rodney Lab: Trying out Leptos: Fine-grained Reactive Framework for Rust
- Aleh Zasypkin: Q3 2023 update - Notifications
- Mateo: Why I use k_board instead of termion 💻
- Chris Churilo: Milvus Adventures
- CrabNebula: Building Apps with Tauri and Elixir
- Omar Hiari: Edge IoT with Rust on ESP: HTTP Server
- Tausif: Meet Fred: The most awesome Redis client for Rust.
- Fady GA 😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 18 - Rust Collections: HashMaps, accessing values with keys instead of indices
- Ramin Farajpour Cami: Task scheduler interval in the rust
- Ramin Farajpour Cami: A small library for writing line-oriented command interpreters in the Rust
- Marius Kluften: Building Nebula - Prologue: A beginning
- Ryan Owen Thionanda: Bum - Bun Version Manager
- CatterPingu: DLLs in Rust🦀
- bright: 6x faster than Vite, 10ms HMR, Farm: An extremely fast web build tool written in Rust
- Mateo: How to get the keys without pressing enter in rust ⌨️
- Priyanshu Singh: How I find out IT tools mascots.
- Mateo: How to get the code of a letter or an event from my keyboard in hex
- jmaargh: An alternative Any type?
- Szymon Gibała: Implementing Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance - part 3
- Be Hai Nguyen: Rust web application: MySQL server, sqlx, actix-web and tera.
- Greptime: Greptime User Guide - How to Store GreptimeDB Data on AWS S3
Our Repo Picks
- qarmin/czkawka (Rust): Multi functional app to find duplicates, empty folders, similar images etc.
- FuelLabs/sway (Rust): 🌴 Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient smart contracts.
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): An open-source remote desktop, and alternative to TeamViewer.
- uutils/coreutils (Rust): Cross-platform Rust rewrite of the GNU coreutils
- burn-rs/burn (Rust): Burn - A Flexible and Comprehensive Deep Learning Framework in Rust
- paritytech/polkadot-sdk (Rust): The Parity Polkadot Blockchain SDK
- FuelLabs/fuel-core (Rust): Rust full node implementation of the Fuel v2 protocol.
- mainmatter/rust-telemetry-workshop (Rust): undefined
- typst/typst (Rust): A new markup-based typesetting system that is powerful and easy to learn.
- solana-labs/solana-program-library (Rust): A collection of Solana programs maintained by Solana Labs
- mozilla/sccache (Rust): sccache is ccache with cloud storage
- swc-project/swc (Rust): Rust-based platform for the Web
- libp2p/rust-libp2p (Rust): The Rust Implementation of the libp2p networking stack.
- launchbadge/sqlx (Rust): 🧰 The Rust SQL Toolkit. An async, pure Rust SQL crate featuring compile-time checked queries without a DSL. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and MSSQL.
- tikv/tikv (Rust): Distributed transactional key-value database, originally created to complement TiDB
- ArroyoSystems/arroyo (Rust): Distributed stream processing engine in Rust
- tw93/Pake (Rust): 🤱🏻 Turn any webpage into a desktop app with Rust. 🤱🏻 利用 Rust 轻松构建轻量级多端桌面应用
- astral-sh/ruff (Rust): An extremely fast Python linter, written in Rust.
- build-trust/ockam (Rust): Orchestrate end-to-end encryption, cryptographic identities, mutual authentication, and authorization policies between distributed applications – at massive scale.
- PyO3/pyo3 (Rust): Rust bindings for the Python interpreter
- iced-rs/iced (Rust): A cross-platform GUI library for Rust, inspired by Elm
- mullvad/mullvadvpn-app (Rust): The Mullvad VPN client app for desktop and mobile
- blaze-init/blaze (Rust): Blazing-fast query execution engine speaks Apache Spark language and has Arrow-DataFusion at its core.
- casey/just (Rust): 🤖 Just a command runner
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄