📧 Welcome to this week's newsletter! 📧
Hey there, tech enthusiasts! Are you ready for another exciting edition of our newsletter? We've got a lineup of fantastic articles and resources to keep you up to speed with the latest happenings in the wonderful world of software development. So, buckle up and let's dive right into it!
🔌 Bridging the Gap: Understanding Adapter and Composite Patterns in Rust Have you ever found yourself scratching your head when it comes to adapter and composite patterns in Rust? Well, fret no more! Our first article will guide you through the maze, helping you unravel the mysteries behind these powerful design patterns. Say goodbye to confusion and hello to enlightenment! Get ready to take your Rust programming skills to the next level with this important reference!
⚙️ Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software Here at our newsletter, we firmly believe in inclusivity and accessibility for all. That's why our second section is all about empowering everyone to create software that is reliable and efficient. We'll be sharing insightful tips, tools, and best practices to make your development journey smoother than ever. Let's break down barriers and embrace the joy of coding together!
🦀 Rust & MySQL: JSON serialisation of result sets retrieved using crate sqlx Rust and MySQL – a match made in developer heaven! If you're a Rust enthusiast or curious about how to effectively work with MySQL databases, then this section is tailor-made for you. We'll explore the fascinating world of JSON serialization of result sets, giving you the tools you need to level up your Rust + MySQL game. Don't miss out on this important reference and unleash the power of this dynamic duo!
🚀 Tauri instead of Puppeteer or Playwright? Are you in the market for a new tool to supercharge your web scraping adventures? Look no further! Our next article aims to introduce you to Tauri, an open-source alternative to Puppeteer or Playwright, two popular tools in the web scraping domain. Find out why Tauri might just be the secret sauce you've been missing out on. Discover more about it in this important reference!
🔒 An open-source remote desktop, an alternative to TeamViewer Forget about expensive proprietary software— it's time to embrace the wonders of open-source! In our final section, we present you with an awesome alternative to TeamViewer. Say hello to seamless remote desktop connections, all while embracing the freedom of open-source software. It's time to say goodbye to restrictions and embrace a whole new world of possibilities! Check out this important reference to experience the power of this fantastic tool!
And that concludes our introduction to this week's newsletter, folks! Remember to click on those links and dive deep into the fascinating world of software development. Stay curious, keep coding, and have an amazing week ahead! 💻🚀
Updates From The Rust Team
- Announcing Rust 1.73.0 - Oct. 5
Our Article Picks
- Max Zhuk: Bridging the Gap: Understanding Adapter and Composite Patterns in Rust
- Fady GA 😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 15 - How you can organize your Rust code with "Modules"
- Tarcísio Giroldo: 🐚🦀Comandos shell reescritos em Rust
- Confidence Okoghenun: Beginner Guide To Memory Management In Rust: Ownership
- Be Hai Nguyen: Rust & MySQL: JSON serialisation of result sets retrieved using crate sqlx.
- Fady GA 😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 16 - Rust Collections: Vectors
- Row-Bear: RPCIEGE - Skirmish 10
- Row-Bear: RPCIEGE - Skirmish 9
- Ioannis from Algora: Algora – Open source coding bounties
- Noishorgo Broto: What to choose Golang or Rust?
- IAmIllusion: 📈 Boosting Developer Mojo: Why I Prefer Linux (NixOS), Terminal, and Modal Text Editors + LSP🚀
- Omar Hiari: Edge IoT with Rust on ESP: HTTP Client
- Sanjeevi: Explore the Power of AWS Services in this Latest Blog Post!
- nikhilraojl: Taking an input and printing stuff in rust
- Vee Satayamas: ข้อได้เปรียบในการใช้ Rust ทำ web backend
- Yuri Ximenes Martins: berg: um CLI para Codeberg
- Carlos Armando Marcano Vargas: Ruff: A Python Linter built with Rust
- stereobooster: Tauri instead of Puppeteer or Playwright?
- Szymon Gibała: Implementing Practical Byzantine Fault Tolerance
- NEYAZ NAFIZ: 𝗔 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗵𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝘃𝗲 𝗢𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄 𝗼𝗳 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝘁, 𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗥𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗳𝘁𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 !
Our Repo Picks
- leptos-rs/leptos (Rust): Build fast web applications with Rust.
- Orange-OpenSource/hurl (Rust): Hurl, run and test HTTP requests with plain text.
- influxdata/influxdb (Rust): Scalable datastore for metrics, events, and real-time analytics
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- build-trust/ockam (Rust): Orchestrate end-to-end encryption, cryptographic identities, mutual authentication, and authorization policies between distributed applications – at massive scale. Use Ockam to build secure-by-design applications that can Trust Data-in-Motion.
- matter-labs/zksync-era (Rust): zkSync era
- juspay/hyperswitch (Rust): An open source payments switch written in Rust to make payments fast, reliable and affordable
- RustPython/RustPython (Rust): A Python Interpreter written in Rust
- Valthrun/Valthrun (Rust): Valthrun an open source external CS2 read only kernel gameplay enhancer.
- astral-sh/ruff (Rust): An extremely fast Python linter, written in Rust.
- jetporch/jetporch (Rust): Read-only mirror: see https://www.jetporch.com/community/sourcehut
- mitsuhiko/rye (Rust): An Experimental Package Management Solution for Python
- uiua-lang/uiua (Rust): A stack-based array programming language
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- rerun-io/rerun (Rust): Visualize streams of multimodal data. Fast, easy to use, and simple to integrate. Built in Rust using egui.
- spacedriveapp/spacedrive (Rust): Spacedrive is an open source cross-platform file explorer, powered by a virtual distributed filesystem written in Rust.
- postgresml/postgresml (Rust): The GPU-powered AI application database. Get your app to market faster using the simplicity of SQL and the latest NLP, ML + LLM models.
- apache/arrow-datafusion (Rust): Apache Arrow DataFusion SQL Query Engine
- sharkdp/bat (Rust): A cat(1) clone with wings.
- typst/typst (Rust): A new markup-based typesetting system that is powerful and easy to learn.
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): An open-source remote desktop, and alternative to TeamViewer.
- FuelLabs/fuel-core (Rust): Rust full node implementation of the Fuel v2 protocol.
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- embassy-rs/embassy (Rust): Modern embedded framework, using Rust and async.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄