Hey there, fellow Rust enthusiasts! 🦀
Welcome to this week's jam-packed edition of our newsletter, where we'll be diving into all things Rust and uncovering some exciting developments. So grab your favorite beverage, settle into a cozy chair, and let's get started!
First up, we have an incredible collection of high-performance, well-tested & documented core libraries for Ethereum, all written in Rust. If you're interested in blockchain development or simply want to explore this fascinating technology, you don't want to miss out on these gems. Check them out here and get ready to level up your Ethereum game!
Next on our Rusty adventure, we'll be taking a deep dive into the Rust package manager. Yes, you heard it right - cargo! 🚀 Whether you're a seasoned Rustacean or just starting your journey, this tool is an absolute game-changer. Get all the juicy details and unleash the power of cargo here. Trust us, you won't be disappointed!
Now, prepare to have your mind blown by the awe-inspiring world of numbers. 🤯 We're talking about computing the 10,000th Fibonacci number in less than a second! Curious to unveil the secrets behind these giant numbers and build your own
BigInt? Look no further! Click here to embark on this mathematical adventure and prepare to be amazed.
Moving on, we have something special for you - a Rust course used by the Android team at Google. 🤖📱 Imagine having the material to dive into Rust with the same resources used by tech giants! Whether you're interested in mobile development or just want to broaden your horizons, this course is an incredible opportunity. Start your Rust journey with Google's blessings here!
Last but certainly not least, it's time for some community action. 🙌 We're thrilled to announce the upcoming election for new project directors! This is a chance for you to make your voice heard and shape the future of the Rust ecosystem. So mark your calendars, rally your Rusty comrades, and get ready for democracy in action. Find out all the details on how you can get involved [here](https://blog.rust-lang.org/2023/08/30/electing-new-project-directors.html** - Aug. 30).
That's it for this week's newsletter, folks! We hope you found these links as exciting and enlightening as we did. Remember, Rust is all about exploration, learning, and building amazing things together. So keep being awesome, keep being curious, and we'll catch you in the next edition. Happy coding! 🎉
Updates From The Rust Team
Our Article Picks
- Matt Angelosanto: Comparing Rust vs. Zig: Performance, safety, and more
- Stephan Dilly: GitUI 0.24 supports searching the entire commit history
- Nazmul Idris: Use just to manage Rust project commands
- Bogdan Galin: Computing the 10,000th Fibonacci number in less than a second. Unveiling the Secrets of Giant Numbers: Building Your Own BigInt
- sean watters: Bicycle 🚲 - Database (Rust, gRPC, RocksDB)
- Waradu: Acrylic Window effect with Tauri
- Fernando Martinez: Creating a Soroban Safe Maths Module
- Alejandro Iglesias: Echo2: A Tiny Piece of Code for Learning and Practicing Soroban Rust SDK
- Vinicius Lambardozzi: Rewriting Comlink in Rust (kinda)
- Calin Baenen: Rustacean Hangout Thread
- Elton Campos: Understanding Ownership in Rust: Ensuring Safety and Preventing Errors
- Antonio Perrone: A Weekly Rust🦀 Pill #5
- beto-bit: How to make your own Godbolt (for C++ and Rust)
- DevCodeF1 🤖: How do I stack individual channels using Rust's image crate?
- Gaurav Gahlot: Raspberry Pi - Blinking an LED with Rust
- Shada Tosin: Soroban Series 2: Building a Name Resolution Service
Our Repo Picks
- google/comprehensive-rust (Rust): This is the Rust course used by the Android team at Google. It provides you the material to quickly teach Rust.
- tw93/Pake (Rust): 🤱🏻 Turn any webpage into a desktop app with Rust. 🤱🏻 利用 Rust 轻松构建轻量级多端桌面应用
- GyulyVGC/sniffnet (Rust): Application to comfortably monitor your Internet traffic 🕵️♂️
- sunface/rust-course (Rust): “连续六年成为全世界最受喜爱的语言，无 GC 也无需手动内存管理、极高的性能和安全性、过程/OO/函数式编程、优秀的包管理、JS 未来基石" — 工作之余的第二语言来试试 Rust 吧。<<Rust 语言圣经>>拥有全面且深入的讲解、生动贴切的示例、德芙般丝滑的内容，甚至还有 JS 程序员关注的 WASM 和 Deno 等专题。这可能是目前最用心的 Rust 中文学习教程 / Book
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- AleoHQ/snarkOS (Rust): A Decentralized Operating System for ZK Applications
- RustPython/RustPython (Rust): A Python Interpreter written in Rust
- nushell/nushell (Rust): A new type of shell
- rust-unofficial/awesome-rust (Rust): A curated list of Rust code and resources.
- paritytech/polkadot-sdk (Rust): The Parity Polkadot Blockchain SDK
- zellij-org/zellij (Rust): A terminal workspace with batteries included
- web-infra-dev/rspack (Rust): A fast Rust-based web bundler 🦀️
- serenity-rs/serenity (Rust): A Rust library for the Discord API.
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): An open-source remote desktop, and alternative to TeamViewer.
- paradigmxyz/reth (Rust): Modular, contributor-friendly and blazing-fast implementation of the Ethereum protocol, in Rust
- dtolnay/cxx (Rust): Safe interop between Rust and C++
- ClementTsang/bottom (Rust): Yet another cross-platform graphical process/system monitor.
- ankitects/anki (Rust): Anki for desktop computers
- rust-lang/cargo (Rust): The Rust package manager
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- alloy-rs/core (Rust): High-performance, well-tested & documented core libraries for Ethereum, in Rust
- mitsuhiko/rye (Rust): An Experimental Package Management Solution for Python
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄