Hey there, newsletter enthusiasts! It's that time of the week again when we dive into a world of exciting updates, fascinating knowledge, and must-see innovations. Today, we've got a stellar lineup of secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing, a journey through the wild territories of Rust, and a deep dive into the revolutionary blockchain platform known as Substrate. So buckle up and prepare for a ride through the cosmos of knowledge and discovery!
👾 Ready to level up your coding game? Our first highlight takes you on an adventure through Rust, the programming language that has been gaining enormous popularity in recent years. Join us as we explore the ins and outs of Rust's struct in the latest installment of the mind-expanding series called Learning Rust 🦀: 10 - The Struct. Trust us, you won't want to miss this one!
🔗 Are you a blockchain enthusiast or a curious explorer of futuristic technologies? If so, we have something special just for you. Introducing Substrate, the ultimate playground for blockchain innovators. Whether you're new to the scene or a seasoned veteran, this platform offers endless opportunities to create, experiment, and push the boundaries of what's possible. Dive deep into the world of Substrate and see why it's the go-to platform for blockchain aficionados like yourself. Give Substrate a spin and ignite your inner blockchain pioneer!
💡 Time for a little introspection, my friend. Do your values align with FP (Functional Programming) values? If you're uncertain or just curious about what FP has to offer, we've got you covered. Discover the magic of building software with FP principles and unravel how they can empower you to write cleaner, more robust code. Take a leap into the realm of FP and find out if it's a match made in coding heaven. Check if your values align with FP and embark on a enlightening journey of coding philosophy!
💥 Hold on tight, because it's time to step into the realm of cutting-edge natural language processing. Our final highlight for this week will blow your mind. Say hello to ultra-fast, state-of-the-art tokenizers optimized for research and production. These babies will turbocharge your NLP projects and leave you in awe of their lightning-fast performance. Don't believe us? Experience the sheer brilliance yourself by exploring these fast state-of-the-art tokenizers that are rewriting the rules of NLP!
That's all for now, folks! We hope you enjoy immersing yourself in these thrilling topics and come out on the other side with a brain buzzing with inspiration. Stay curious, stay hungry for knowledge, and we'll catch you next time with another round of mind-blowing updates. Happy reading and exploring! 🚀
Our Article Picks
- Son DotCom 🥑💙: Mastering Rust's Ownership: The Key to Memory Safety and Efficiency
- Fady GA 😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 09 - Ownership: The Slice type
- Alexey Timin: ReductStore 1.6.0 has been released with new license and client SDK for Rust
- Zelenya: Do your Values align with FP Values?
- Lena: Port a project from C++ to Rust
- Gaurav Gahlot: How to load dynamic libraries in Rust?
- Demola Malomo: Appwrite + Rust: Build APIs without technical overhead
- Omar.unwrap();: ESP32 Standard Library Embedded Rust: Analog Temperature Sensing using the ADC
- Gabi: Driving Complete and Easy Bidirectional Typechecking for Higher-Rank Polymorphism in Rust
- Fady GA 😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 10 - The Struct
Our Repo Picks
- clockworklabs/SpacetimeDB (Rust): Multiplayer at the speed of light
- huggingface/candle (Rust): Minimalist ML framework for Rust
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- facebook/buck2 (Rust): Build system, successor to Buck
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
- meilisearch/meilisearch (Rust): A lightning-fast search engine that fits effortlessly into your apps, websites, and workflow.
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- emilk/egui (Rust): egui: an easy-to-use immediate mode GUI in Rust that runs on both web and native
- openobserve/openobserve (Rust): 🚀 10x easier, 🚀 140x lower storage cost, 🚀 high performance, 🚀 petabyte scale - Elasticsearch/Splunk/Datadog alternative for 🚀 (logs, metrics, traces).
- 0x192/universal-android-debloater (Rust): Cross-platform GUI written in Rust using ADB to debloat non-rooted android devices. Improve your privacy, the security and battery life of your device.
- firecracker-microvm/firecracker (Rust): Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing.
- gfx-rs/wgpu (Rust): Cross-platform, safe, pure-rust graphics api.
- awslabs/mountpoint-s3 (Rust): A simple, high-throughput file client for mounting an Amazon S3 bucket as a local file system.
- tokio-rs/axum (Rust): Ergonomic and modular web framework built with Tokio, Tower, and Hyper
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- huggingface/tokenizers (Rust): 💥 Fast State-of-the-Art Tokenizers optimized for Research and Production
- tensorchord/pgvecto.rs (Rust): Vector database plugin for Postgres, written in Rust, specifically designed for LLM
- qarmin/czkawka (Rust): Multi functional app to find duplicates, empty folders, similar images etc.
- wasmerio/wasmer (Rust): 🚀 The leading WebAssembly Runtime supporting WASIX, WASI and Emscripten
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- a16z/Lasso (Rust): The lookup singularity. Based on Spartan; built on Arkworks.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄