Hey there, fellow newsletter enthusiasts! 🌟
Welcome to this week's edition of our jam-packed weekly newsletter, filled with all the exciting updates and discoveries from the amazing world of tech! 🚀 We have scoured the internet and gathered the most interesting tidbits for you to feast your curious minds upon. So grab a cup of your favorite beverage and let's dive right in!
First up, we have a web framework that's ready to revolutionize your Rust programming experience! Actix Web is here to blow your socks off with its powerful, pragmatic, and lightning-fast capabilities. Whether you're a Rust enthusiast or just curious about what this language can do, Actix Web is a fantastic choice to explore. So buckle up and get ready to explore the world of Rust web development with Actix Web!
Next on our link adventure is a major release announcement! 🎉 Say hello to ReductStore v1.5.0! This fantastic library has just hit the virtual shelves, bringing along a bundle of enhancements and exciting new features. If you're into state management and reducing the complexity of your applications, ReductStore is the perfect tool to add to your tech arsenal. Learn more about its latest release and all the goodness it brings by clicking right here: ReductStore v1.5.0.
Eager to level up your Rust skills? We've got just the thing for you! 🎓Feast your eyes on 30 Days of Rust - Day 30 as we bid farewell to this incredible month-long journey. It's been a wild ride full of knowledge bombs, programming challenges, and community support. Whether you've followed along since day one or you're just hopping aboard, join us as we celebrate the glorious finale and reminisce about the wisdom gained along the way. Strap in for an epic journey of Rust discovery with 30 Days of Rust - Day 30!
Hold onto your hats, folks, because we're about to dive into some serious comparisons! 🤔 In the epic battle of Rust vs. C++, one champion emerges victorious, thanks to its incredible Borrow Checker superpower! Curious to know why Rust outshines its C++ counterpart? Say no more! We've got an engaging article ready for you, filled with insights and mind-blowing examples that showcase how Rust's Borrow Checker saves the day. Prepare to be amazed by the wonders of Rust in contrast to C++, and read all about it right here: Beyond Pointers: How Rust outshines C++ with its Borrow Checker.
Last but certainly not least, we have an amazing tool that's tailored for all you file system aficionados out there. 📂 Say hello to A simple, high-throughput file client for mounting an Amazon S3 bucket as a local file system. This nifty creation allows you to seamlessly navigate your Amazon S3 bucket as if it were a regular ol' local file system, with all its bells and whistles. Say goodbye to cumbersome operations and embrace the power of streamlined file management. Interested? Take a closer look at this incredible tool by clicking right here: A simple, high-throughput file client for mounting an Amazon S3 bucket as a local file system!
That's a wrap for this week's newsletter adventure, folks! We hope you enjoyed exploring these fantastic finds with us. Don't forget to share your thoughts, discoveries, and any exciting tech news you stumble upon throughout the week. Together, we'll keep pushing the boundaries of innovation and knowledge!
Until next time, happy coding and stay curious! 🤓✨
Updates From The Rust Team
- Announcing regex 1.9 - July 5
Our Article Picks
- Philip John Basile: Harmonizing Go and Rust in a Single Application: A Weird Symbiotic Dance
- Chigozie Oduah: Pinning in Rust
- Alexey Timin: ReductStore v1.5.0 has been released
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 30
- Omar.unwrap();: Innovation Made Easy: 7 Hidden Features to Harness the Power of ESP in Wokwi
- neon_arch: How to Wrap Your Errors with Enums when using Error-stack
- Matt Angelosanto: Building a Rust app with Perseus
- Vikram Fugro: Beyond Pointers: How Rust outshines C++ with its Borrow Checker
- Eze Sunday Eze: Rust Lifetimes Simplified
- Eze Sunday Eze: Rust Lifetimes Overview
- Shy Devy: [pytheus] simple multiprocess metrics for sync/async python applications
- Ján Gajdoš: Modern C++ or Rust - Basic borrowing system concept
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 29
- Rasheed Olaleye: HOW TO USE CONTROL FLOW IN THE RUST PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE
- Sam Brown: FTA: Fast TypeScript Analyzer
Our Repo Picks
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Virtual / remote desktop infrastructure for everyone! Open source TeamViewer / Citrix alternative.
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- PyO3/pyo3 (Rust): Rust bindings for the Python interpreter
- actix/actix-web (Rust): Actix Web is a powerful, pragmatic, and extremely fast web framework for Rust.
- launchbadge/sqlx (Rust): 🧰 The Rust SQL Toolkit. An async, pure Rust SQL crate featuring compile-time checked queries without a DSL. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and MSSQL.
- tw93/Pake (Rust): 🤱🏻 Turn any webpage into a desktop app with Rust. 🤱🏻 很简单的用 Rust 打包网页生成很小的桌面 App
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- awslabs/mountpoint-s3 (Rust): A simple, high-throughput file client for mounting an Amazon S3 bucket as a local file system.
- rust-lang/mdBook (Rust): Create book from markdown files. Like Gitbook but implemented in Rust
- phodal/aigc (Rust): 《构筑大语言模型应用：应用开发与架构设计》一本关于 LLM 在真实世界应用的开源电子书，介绍了大语言模型的基础知识和应用，以及如何构建自己的模型。其中包括 Prompt 的编写、开发和管理，探索最好的大语言模型能带来什么，以及 LLM 应用开发的模式和架构设计。
- sunface/rust-by-practice (Rust): Learning Rust By Practice, narrowing the gap between beginner and skilled-dev through challenging examples, exercises and projects.
- sunface/rust-course (Rust): “连续六年成为全世界最受喜爱的语言，无 GC 也无需手动内存管理、极高的性能和安全性、过程/OO/函数式编程、优秀的包管理、JS 未来基石" — 工作之余的第二语言来试试 Rust 吧。<<Rust 语言圣经>>拥有全面且深入的讲解、生动贴切的示例、德芙般丝滑的内容，甚至还有 JS 程序员关注的 WASM 和 Deno 等专题。这可能是目前最用心的 Rust 中文学习教程 / Book
- wez/wezterm (Rust): A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust
- rust-lang/regex (Rust): An implementation of regular expressions for Rust. This implementation uses finite automata and guarantees linear time matching on all inputs.
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- DioxusLabs/dioxus (Rust): React-like GUI library for desktop, web, mobile, TUI, and more.
- qdrant/qdrant (Rust): Qdrant - Vector Database for the next generation of AI applications. Also available in the cloud https://cloud.qdrant.io/
- linebender/druid (Rust): A data-first Rust-native UI design toolkit.
- matter-labs/zksync (Rust): zkSync: trustless scaling and privacy engine for Ethereum
- starkware-libs/cairo (Rust): Cairo is the first Turing-complete language for creating provable programs for general computation.
- sigp/lighthouse (Rust): Ethereum consensus client in Rust
- pola-rs/polars (Rust): Fast multi-threaded, hybrid-out-of-core query engine focussing on DataFrame front-ends
- rust-lang/rustfmt (Rust): Format Rust code
- neondatabase/neon (Rust): Neon: Serverless Postgres. We separated storage and compute to offer autoscaling, branching, and bottomless storage.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄