Hello friends and fellow tech enthusiasts!
We've got another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter filled with interesting articles, tutorials, and features that we're sure you'll love. So buckle up and get ready to dive into the vast world of technology with this week's Ultimate Guide of Rust-For Beginners.
In this edition, we're bringing you some fantastic resources to help you learn, create and excel. If you're just starting with Rust, our Rust 101: Write, Build, and Debug Your First Program article is a must-read, where you'll learn how to write your first program using best practices and debugging tips.
We also have some great news for the Rust community - Version 1.70.0 is now available, and it's packed with Exciting New Features that you shouldn't miss. Our expert team has put together an informative article that dives deep into these features and highlights how they can improve your development experience.
For those of you interested in working with data frames and languages like Rust, Python, and Node.js, we have something special for you. Our latest feature, Fast multi-threaded, hybrid-out-of-core DataFrame library for Rust, Python, Node.js, is designed to help you extract, clean, and manipulate data in record time. Get ready to level up your data game!
Last but not least, we couldn't help but share with you an exciting tool that we stumbled upon - a minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell. If you're tired of the same old-dull prompts, you'll love this one, complete with beautiful emojis that will leave you starry-eyed.
That's it from us for this week. We hope you enjoy reading through our newsletter and that it inspires or educates you in some way! See you next week with more exciting tech content.
Our Article Picks
- Philip John Basile: Rust 101: Write, Build, and Debug Your First Program
- Tsiry Sandratraina: Streamline Your Development Environment Setup on ChromeOS and Linux
- Alexey Timin: ReductStore v1.4.0 in Rust has been released
- Fady GA😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 02- The basics: Variables and Data Types
- Fady GA😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 03- The basics: Functions
- Omar.unwrap();: ESP32 Embedded Rust at the HAL: SPI Communication
- Marcelo Castellani: Nosso amigo compilador
- Marcelo Castellani: Instalando o Rust
- Mustafif: TexCreate 3.2 News
- Amr Hesham: How i created a query language for .git files (GQL)
- Haider Aftab: 10 Remarkable Features and the Hidden Gems of Rust
- Haider Aftab: Exciting New Features of Rust Version 1.70.0
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 24
- Stefanos Kouroupis: Drawing images on the terminal
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 25
- Haider Aftab: Rust: A Modern Systems Programming Language
- Haider Aftab: The Ultimate Guide of Rust-For Beginners
- Kofi Otuo: A Beginner’s Guide to Rust Procedural Macros: Creating a JSON Derive Macro
Our Repo Picks
- lancedb/lance (Rust): Modern columnar data format for ML and LLMs implemented in Rust. Convert from parquet in 2 lines of code for 100x faster random access, vector index, and data versioning. Compatible with Pandas, DuckDB, Polars, Pyarrow, with more integrations coming..
- ClassmateLin/dm-ticket (Rust): 大麦网自动购票, 支持 docker 一键部署。Damai automatically purchases tickets, running in docker container.
- spacedriveapp/spacedrive (Rust): Spacedrive is an open source cross-platform file explorer, powered by a virtual distributed filesystem written in Rust.
- uutils/coreutils (Rust): Cross-platform Rust rewrite of the GNU coreutils
- typst/typst (Rust): A new markup-based typesetting system that is powerful and easy to learn.
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- web-infra-dev/rspack (Rust): A fast Rust-based web bundler 🦀️
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- massalabs/massa (Rust): The Decentralized and Scaled Blockchain
- LemmyNet/lemmy (Rust): 🐀 A link aggregator and forum for the fediverse
- solana-labs/solana (Rust): Web-Scale Blockchain for fast, secure, scalable, decentralized apps and marketplaces.
- casey/just (Rust): 🤖 Just a command runner
- postgresml/postgresml (Rust): PostgresML is an AI application database. Download open source models from Huggingface, or train your own, to create and index LLM embeddings, generate text, or make online predictions using only SQL.
- pola-rs/polars (Rust): Fast multi-threaded, hybrid-out-of-core DataFrame library in Rust | Python | Node.js
- linebender/xilem (Rust): An experimental Rust native UI framework
- fathyb/carbonyl (Rust): Chromium running inside your terminal
- EAimTY/tuic (Rust): Delicately-TUICed 0-RTT proxy protocol
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): Aptos is a layer 1 blockchain built to support the widespread use of blockchain through better technology and user experience.
- quickwit-oss/tantivy (Rust): Tantivy is a full-text search engine library inspired by Apache Lucene and written in Rust
- getzola/zola (Rust): A fast static site generator in a single binary with everything built-in. https://www.getzola.org
- quickwit-oss/quickwit (Rust): Sub-second search & analytics engine on cloud storage
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
- elkowar/eww (Rust): ElKowars wacky widgets
- bottlerocket-os/bottlerocket (Rust): An operating system designed for hosting containers
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄