Welcome back readers! This week, we're bringing you a mix of tech news and resources that is sure to get you excited. Let's get started!
First up, did you catch the RustConf keynote? If not, you definitely want to check it out. [The keynote](https://blog.rust-lang.org/2023/05/29/RustConf.html** - May 29) was packed with exciting updates, including new features and improvements in the language that are sure to make your next project in Rust even more efficient and reliable.
If you're looking to get serious about Rust, we've got just the thing for you. Our curated list of Rust code and resources is a great place to start. This list is chock-full of tutorials, libraries, and other tools that will help you learn the language and become a more proficient Rust developer. Bookmark it now!
For those of you who are interested in WebAssembly, we've got just the thing. This is the leading WebAssembly Runtime that supports both WASI and Emscripten, making it the go-to option for executing code in the browser. Check it out and see what kind of cool things you can create with it.
Finally, we have an interesting read for you. While we often think of technology as constantly improving, sometimes it's useful to take a step back and consider the evolution and obsolescence of technology. This piece explores the innovation that happens when tools are forgotten, and how we can build on what came before to keep moving forward. Take a break from your coding to check it out - you won't regret it.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you found these links interesting and useful. Make sure to tune in next week for more tech news and resources!
Updates From The Rust Team
Our Article Picks
- Akshay Ballal: Deep Neural Network from Scratch in Rust 🦀- Part 5- Training and Inference
- Matt Angelosanto: A guide to cross-compilation in Rust
- Shan Valiyev: Warp? A terminal behind login popup
- Omar.unwrap();: ESP32 Embedded Rust at the HAL: GPIO Button Controlled Blinking
- Manny: 30-Day Rust Learning Guide: Days 1 - 3
- Abdullah Adeel: Supercharge Your Web Apps: Harnessing Web Assembly for High Performance
- talent: The Dark side of Rust programming language
- Arthur Sullivan: The Evolution and Obsolescence of Technology: A Tale of Innovation and Forgotten Tools
- Marcelo Castellani: Introdução a linguagem Rust
- Mustafif: A Little Panic in Zig
- Pt. Prashant tripathi: Vedic 2.0.4 Released
- rendick: What do you think about the Rust programming language? Is it able to bury C++ and C?
- Fady GA😎: Learning Rust 🦀: 1- Intro and Setup
- Maximiliano Burgos: Un pequeño paseo por Rust
- lv0senku: Make (&Option).as_ref() easier
- Rickard Andersson: You don't need the community
- drake: Rust 有点变态的 "精致细腻"（浮点数为例）
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 23
- Annie: A personal journey of merging my first PR to an open source project
- Drake-Ash: Rusting my brain away - Part 1
- Roman: Heaplist - devlog. Description and overview of the technologies used.
- alisdairbr: What is a microVM?
Our Repo Picks
- google/comprehensive-rust (Rust): This is the Rust course used by the Android team at Google. It provides you the material to quickly teach Rust to everyone.
- kamiyaa/joshuto (Rust): ranger-like terminal file manager written in Rust
- lencx/nofwl (Rust): NoFWL Desktop Application
- tui-rs-revival/ratatui (Rust): tui-rs revival project
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- spacedriveapp/spacedrive (Rust): Spacedrive is an open source cross-platform file explorer, powered by a virtual distributed filesystem written in Rust.
- raphamorim/rio (Rust): A hardware-accelerated GPU terminal emulator powered by WebGPU, focusing to run in desktops and browsers.
- meilisearch/meilisearch (Rust): A lightning-fast search engine that fits effortlessly into your apps, websites, and workflow.
- rust-unofficial/awesome-rust (Rust): A curated list of Rust code and resources.
- mitsuhiko/rye (Rust): An Experimental Package Management Solution for Python
- sunface/rust-course (Rust): “连续六年成为全世界最受喜爱的语言，无 GC 也无需手动内存管理、极高的性能和安全性、过程/OO/函数式编程、优秀的包管理、JS 未来基石" — 工作之余的第二语言来试试 Rust 吧。<<Rust 语言圣经>>拥有全面且深入的讲解、生动贴切的示例、德芙般丝滑的内容，甚至还有 JS 程序员关注的 WASM 和 Deno 等专题。这可能是目前最用心的 Rust 中文学习教程 / Book
- fishfolk/jumpy (Rust): Tactical 2D shooter in fishy pixels style. Made with Rust-lang 🦀 and Bevy 🪶
- TeamFlos/phira (Rust): undefined
- pola-rs/polars (Rust): Fast multi-threaded, hybrid-out-of-core DataFrame library in Rust | Python | Node.js
- risingwavelabs/risingwave (Rust): 🚀SQL stream processing with Postgres-like experience. 🪄More than a modern alternative to Apache Flink.
- nushell/nushell (Rust): A new type of shell
- zellij-org/zellij (Rust): A terminal workspace with batteries included
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
- leptos-rs/leptos (Rust): Build fast web applications with Rust.
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- tokio-rs/mio (Rust): Metal I/O library for Rust.
- matter-labs/zksync (Rust): zkSync: trustless scaling and privacy engine for Ethereum
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- wasmerio/wasmer (Rust): 🚀 The leading WebAssembly Runtime supporting WASI and Emscripten
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄