Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We've got a fascinating lineup for you to dive into, with links to interesting reads that are sure to pique your curiosity.
First up, we have a revolutionary technology that allows you to build secure-by-design applications that can Trust Data-in-Motion. Ockam enables you to orchestrate end-to-end encryption, cryptographic identities, mutual authentication and authorization policies, all between distributed applications – at massive scale. Don't miss out on this game-changing technology!
Next in the lineup, we have a great read that's sure to get all you tech enthusiasts excited: I built the same Web Server in 5 languages. The author of this post takes us on a journey to build a web server in various programming languages and shares their insights on how each language performs. This is a fascinating read that will surely broaden your tech horizon!
We're always on the lookout for new and innovative programming languages, and Rust is a language that has definitely caught our attention. Rust for Windows is an article that delves into the world of Rust and shows how it can be used to build high-performance, high-reliability system-level code on Windows. If you're new to Rust, this is a great place to start exploring its many possibilities.
Have you ever wondered how you can build a WebAssembly module for an AudioWorkletProcessor? Look no further because we've got you covered! How I used wasm-pack to build a WebAssembly module for an AudioWorkletProcessor is a fascinating post that shows you how to easily build your own WebAssembly module using wasm-pack.
Last but not least, we have the Core implementation of the Cedar language. Cedar is a statically-typed, managed language that is designed for building robust and efficient software. In this post, we explore the core implementation of Cedar and demonstrate how it can be used to create reliable and high-performance software.
That’s it from us this week! We hope you enjoy reading and learning from these featured links as much as we did. Stay tuned for more interesting reads next week. Till then, happy reading!
Our Article Picks
- Akshay Ballal: Deep Neural Network from Scratch in Rust 🦀 : Part 1- Basics of Neural Network
- Akshay Ballal: Deep Neural Network from Scratch in Rust 🦀 - Part 2- Loading Data and Initializing an NN Model
- Andrew Luchuk: How I used wasm-pack to build a WebAssembly module for an AudioWorkletProcessor
- Attila Molnar: Solution-diffusion model in Rust
- Matt Angelosanto: Building microservices in Rust with Spin
- Omar.unwrap();: ESP32 Embedded Rust at the HAL: Timer Ultrasonic Distance Measurement
- drake: Rust 中的“废话”
- Matt Angelosanto: Build a desktop app with Qt and Rust
- Assis Zang: My journey with Rust 🦀 #1 - Why Rust?
- Oliver Jumpertz: How to Write Files in Rust
- daanchuk: How to Create a Tray-Only Tauri App
- Antonov Mike: Misleading comments
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 18
- drake: 如何用 rust 构建 openwrt armv7l CPU 架构的可执行程序
- heige: rs-api is based on a web/api application created by axum crate
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 19
- Chris Kay: I built the same Web Server in 5 languages. Here's what I found…
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 17
Our Repo Picks
- Cormanz/smartgpt (Rust): A program that provides LLMs with the ability to complete complex tasks using plugins.
- casey/ord (Rust): 👁🗨 Rare and exotic sats
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Virtual / remote desktop infrastructure for everyone! Open source TeamViewer / Citrix alternative.
- rustformers/llm (Rust): Run inference for Large Language Models on CPU, with Rust 🦀🚀🦙
- postgresml/postgresml (Rust): PostgresML is an AI application database. You can use open source models from Huggingface, or train your own, to create and index LLM embeddings, generate text, or make online predictions using only SQL.
- AppFlowy-IO/AppFlowy (Rust): AppFlowy is an open-source alternative to Notion. You are in charge of your data and customizations. Built with Flutter and Rust.
- sunface/rust-by-practice (Rust): Learning Rust By Practice, narrowing the gap between beginner and skilled-dev through challenging examples, exercises and projects.
- kata-containers/kata-containers (Rust): Kata Containers is an open source project and community working to build a standard implementation of lightweight Virtual Machines (VMs) that feel and perform like containers, but provide the workload isolation and security advantages of VMs. https://katacontainers.io/
- build-trust/ockam (Rust): Orchestrate end-to-end encryption, cryptographic identities, mutual authentication, and authorization policies between distributed applications – at massive scale. Use Ockam to build secure-by-design applications that can Trust Data-in-Motion.
- firecracker-microvm/firecracker (Rust): Secure and fast microVMs for serverless computing.
- rustls/rustls (Rust): A modern TLS library in Rust
- quickwit-oss/quickwit (Rust): Sub-second search & analytics engine on cloud storage
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- cedar-policy/cedar (Rust): Core implementation of the Cedar language
- emilk/egui (Rust): egui: an easy-to-use immediate mode GUI in Rust that runs on both web and native
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- microsoft/windows-rs (Rust): Rust for Windows
- tree-sitter/tree-sitter (Rust): An incremental parsing system for programming tools
- rerun-io/rerun (Rust): Log images, point clouds, etc, and visualize them effortlessly. Built in Rust using egui
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- EvilGenius-dot/RustMinerSystem (Rust): KT minerproxy 3.0+ 基于 Rust 创建一个独特的 minerproxy，它支持所有货币管理及币种热更新、准确的计算能力统计和以及按照算力抽取, 兼容所有机型无损耗。 minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy minerproxy
- solana-labs/solana-program-library (Rust): A collection of Solana programs maintained by Solana Labs
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄