Welcome back to our weekly newsletter! This week, we have a collection of exciting links that will have you exploring new worlds, learning new coding languages, and embracing safer practices. Let's dive in!
First up, we have an open world, open source voxel RPG inspired by Dwarf Fortress and Cube World. This game is not only a fun way to spend time, but it's also an excellent opportunity to contribute to an open source project. The repository is a mirror, so please make sure to submit all PRs and issues on their GitLab page.
If you're looking for a new coding challenge, we have just the thing for you. Have you considered learning Rust? Well, 6 weeks with Rust is a great resource to get started! It's a comprehensive guide that will introduce you to Rust language concepts, system programming, error handling, and more.
Are you in the market for a faster way to build static sites? Look no further than Zola. It's a fast, static site generator that comes in a single binary with everything built-in. Trust us, you won't regret giving it a try.
In a world where security is a top priority, it's crucial to have memory-safe implementations of tasks such as sudo and su. That's where this implementation of sudo and su comes in. It offers a safer alternative to other implementations that are commonly used.
Last but not least, let's celebrate that we're already halfway through the 30 Days of Rust challenge. If you've been following along, congratulations! And if not, there's still time to jump in and start learning Rust.
That's all for this week's newsletter! We hope you enjoyed these links and found them informative. As always, feel free to share your thoughts and feedback with us. See you next week!
Updates From The Rust Team
Our Article Picks
- Vyacheslav Chub: Developing a Desktop Application via Rust and NextJS. The Tauri Way.
- Philip John Basile: The Evolving Journey of a Lifelong Coder: What's Next?
- Juan Rodriguez: Tower of Hanoi in P5.js + WASM
- nabbisen: Rust Tauri (inspired by Electron) 1.3: Getting started to build apps
- Omar.unwrap();: ESP32 Embedded Rust at the HAL: PWM Buzzer
- Oliver Jumpertz: How to Read Files in Rust
- david: Mashin: Leveraging Rust, TypeScript, and Deno in Infrastructure as Code
- Irfan: Working with Rust as a C++ Programmer
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 16
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Halfway
- Alexey Timin: 6 weeks with Rust
- Rupesh Sreeraman: ShortGPT
- Ay oh: Rust testing
- geoffreycopin: # Build a web server with Rust and tokio - Part 0: the simplest possible GET handler
- Antonov Mike: Shorter faster stronger
- johnnylarner: 30 Day of Rust - Day 13
- David Li: Using Coreutils in Rust
- Ludorg: Conferences about Rust Embedded
- johnnylarner: 30 Days of Rust - Day 14
Our Repo Picks
- qdrant/qdrant (Rust): Qdrant - Vector Database for the next generation of AI applications. Also available in the cloud https://cloud.qdrant.io/
- casey/ord (Rust): 👁🗨 Rare and exotic sats
- memorysafety/sudo-rs (Rust): A memory safe implementation of sudo and su.
- tw93/Pake (Rust): 🤱🏻 Turn any webpage into a desktop app with Rust. 🤱🏻 很简单的用 Rust 打包网页生成很小的桌面 App
- ellie/atuin (Rust): 🐢 Magical shell history
- aptos-labs/aptos-core (Rust): Aptos is a layer 1 blockchain built to support the widespread use of blockchain through better technology and user experience.
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- move-language/move (Rust): undefined
- sunface/rust-course (Rust): “连续六年成为全世界最受喜爱的语言，无 GC 也无需手动内存管理、极高的性能和安全性、过程/OO/函数式编程、优秀的包管理、JS 未来基石" — 工作之余的第二语言来试试 Rust 吧。<<Rust 语言圣经>>拥有全面且深入的讲解、生动贴切的示例、德芙般丝滑的内容，甚至还有 JS 程序员关注的 WASM 和 Deno 等专题。这可能是目前最用心的 Rust 中文学习教程 / Book
- embassy-rs/embassy (Rust): Modern embedded framework, using Rust and async.
- actix/actix-web (Rust): Actix Web is a powerful, pragmatic, and extremely fast web framework for Rust.
- signalapp/libsignal (Rust): Home to the Signal Protocol as well as other cryptographic primitives which make Signal possible.
- rustformers/llm (Rust): Run inference for Large Language Models on CPU, with Rust 🦀🚀🦙
- veloren/veloren (Rust): An open world, open source voxel RPG inspired by Dwarf Fortress and Cube World. This repository is a mirror. Please submit all PRs and issues on our GitLab page.
- spacedriveapp/spacedrive (Rust): Spacedrive is an open source cross-platform file explorer, powered by a virtual distributed filesystem written in Rust.
- Byron/gitoxide (Rust): An idiomatic, lean, fast & safe pure Rust implementation of Git
- sobelio/llm-chain (Rust):
llm-chainis a powerful rust crate for building chains in large language models allowing you to summarise text and complete complex tasks
- getzola/zola (Rust): A fast static site generator in a single binary with everything built-in. https://www.getzola.org
- meilisearch/meilisearch (Rust): A lightning-fast search engine that fits effortlessly into your apps, websites, and workflow.
- tikv/tikv (Rust): Distributed transactional key-value database, originally created to complement TiDB
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- apache/arrow-datafusion (Rust): Apache Arrow DataFusion SQL Query Engine
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- SergioBenitez/Rocket (Rust): A web framework for Rust.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄