Welcome back to our weekly newsletter, where we keep you updated with the latest and greatest developments in the tech world! This week, we have some really exciting stuff to share with you all. So, buckle up and get ready for an exhilarating ride!
First off, let's talk about Apache OpenDAL – the ultimate solution for accessing data without any trouble. With Apache OpenDAL, you can access data freely, painlessly, and efficiently. It's a powerful tool that makes data access a breeze. If you're tired of dealing with slow and cumbersome data access tools, then Apache OpenDAL is the way to go!
Next up, we have Spin – the open-source developer tool for building and running serverless applications powered by WebAssembly. With Spin, you can easily build and run serverless applications without any headaches. Using WebAssembly as its core, Spin offers unparalleled performance and scalability. If you're looking to build fast, efficient, and scalable applications, then Spin is definitely worth checking out!
Now, let's dive into a quick introduction to Warp – a lightning-fast, composable, and scalable web framework for Rust. With Warp, you can build web applications with ease and speed. It's a powerful tool for creating robust and efficient web applications. Whether you're a seasoned developer or a beginner, you'll find Warp to be an invaluable tool in your toolkit.
Moving on, let's talk about On-Prem Storage of Engineer Activity – the ultimate solution for securing data. With on-prem storage, you can keep your data safe and secure, without having to rely on third-party services. It's the perfect solution for businesses that deal with sensitive data on a daily basis. So, if you're looking for a secure way to store your data, then on-prem storage is definitely worth considering.
Last but not least, we have pyo3, rust-cpython and cffi bindings – the ultimate tool for building and publishing crates. With these bindings, you can easily build rust binaries as python packages. It's a powerful tool for developers who want to take their programming to the next level. If you're looking for a way to build and publish crates easily, then these bindings are definitely worth checking out!
That's all for this week's newsletter. We hope you found this information valuable and useful. Stay tuned for our next issue, where we'll bring you even more exciting developments in the tech world!
Updates From The Rust Team
- Announcing Rust 1.68.2 - Mar. 28
Our Article Picks
- Tim McNamara: Two trie implementations in Rust (one's super fast)
- Rodrigo M.S.: Trending Rust repos of the week 📈
- Jimmy McBride: Rust vs C and C++: A Concise Comparison for Developers 🚀
- Daniel Onugha: Rust and Scala: Comparisons
- Chiranjeevi Tirunagari: Simplest Hello World Ever ( in RUST )
- Chiranjeevi Tirunagari: Traditional Hello World ( in RUST )
- Matt Angelosanto: Using Cow in Rust for efficient memory utilization
- Omar.unwrap();: STM32F4 Embedded Rust at the PAC: Creating Hardware Abstractions with embedded-hal
- jmaargh: Rust's
Sync, but actually the opposite
- Chetan Mittal: 10 Best Use Cases of Rust Programming Language in 2023
- Falon Darville: Secure Data with On-Prem Storage of Engineer Activity
- Bert De Swaef: Quick Introduction to Warp
- Ganesh oli: Donation ink! smart contract
- Antonov Mike: Think/Code
- Ryan Kopf, Owner of the Moon: How to use Rust on Arduino (Windows Rust)
- Tomáš Zemanovič: State machine testing with Proptest
- Pongsakorn Win Semsuwan: Rust Axum - Extracting Query Param of Vec
Our Repo Picks
- typst/typst (Rust): A new markup-based typesetting system that is powerful and easy to learn.
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- MystenLabs/sui (Rust): Sui, a next-generation smart contract platform with high throughput, low latency, and an asset-oriented programming model powered by the Move programming language
- dani-garcia/vaultwarden (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- lencx/ChatGPT (Rust): 🔮 ChatGPT Desktop Application (Mac, Windows and Linux)
- lencx/nofwl (Rust): NoFWL Desktop Application
- tw93/Pake (Rust): 🤱🏻 Turn any webpage into a desktop app with Rust. 🤱🏻 很简单的用 Rust 打包网页生成很小的桌面 App
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- fermyon/spin (Rust): Spin is the open source developer tool for building and running serverless applications powered by WebAssembly.
- apache/incubator-opendal (Rust): Apache OpenDAL: Access data freely, painlessly, and efficiently.
- rust-lang/rust-analyzer (Rust): A Rust compiler front-end for IDEs
- meilisearch/meilisearch (Rust): A lightning-fast search engine that fits effortlessly into your apps, websites, and workflow.
- tokio-rs/tracing (Rust): Application level tracing for Rust.
- matter-labs/zksync (Rust): zkSync: trustless scaling and privacy engine for Ethereum
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Virtual / remote desktop infrastructure for everyone! Open source TeamViewer / Citrix alternative.
- ruffle-rs/ruffle (Rust): A Flash Player emulator written in Rust
- sharkdp/bat (Rust): A cat(1) clone with wings.
- PyO3/maturin (Rust): Build and publish crates with pyo3, rust-cpython and cffi bindings as well as rust binaries as python packages
- wasmerio/wasmer (Rust): 🚀 The leading WebAssembly Runtime supporting WASI and Emscripten
- cube-js/cube (Rust): 📊 Cube — The Semantic Layer for Building Data Applications
- starkware-libs/cairo (Rust): Cairo is the first Turing-complete language for creating provable programs for general computation.
- rustls/rustls (Rust): A modern TLS library in Rust
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- wez/wezterm (Rust): A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust
- risingwavelabs/risingwave (Rust): RisingWave: A Distributed SQL Database for Stream Processing
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄