TLWI Rust #116
Greetings fellow tech enthusiasts! Are you ready to dive into the exciting world of open source virtual and remote desktop infrastructure? If so, you'll definitely want to check out this TeamViewer alternative. With the ability to display and control your PC and Android devices from anywhere at any time, this platform is a game-changer for those seeking remote accessibility.
If AI applications are more up your alley, then you won't want to miss out on Qdrant, the vector search engine and database for the next generation of AI. Whether onsite or in the cloud, Qdrant maximizes data efficiency and optimization for all your AI needs.
Are you interested in image analysis in Rust? If so, be sure to read part one of Building APOD color search and learn how to take your skills to the next level in no time.
For those looking to implement linear regression and analysis of variance, WebAssembly is your new best friend. SingleStoreDB has got you covered with a quick tip on how to unleash the power of this revolutionary tool.
Last but not least, if Pearson Product-Moment Correlation is on your to-do list, SingleStoreDB's WebAssembly trick will make it a breeze. Unlock the full potential of your data analysis and see the results you never thought possible. That's all for this week, folks!
Our Article Picks
- AILI Fida Aliotti Christino: Tauri - The Flutter killer?
- Guillaume Mourier: Meilisearch 1.0: the next stage in search
- Dan Mugisho M.: Ownership in Rust
- Matt Angelosanto: How to define higher-order functions in Rust
- Cyril Marpaud: Embedded Rust on ESP32C3 Board, a Hands-on Quickstart Guide
- Bryce Dorn: Building an app to search the APOD archive by color 🪐
- Serpdog: Web Scraping Google With Rust
- The Open Coder: Learning Rust by Building a To-Do App
- Kurt: A Nibble of Quadtrees in Rust
- Omar.unwrap();: STM32F4 Embedded Rust at the PAC: System Clock Configuration
- Tsiry Sandratraina: Building a Chromecast Plugin for my Rust Music Player Project
- Bryce Dorn: Building APOD color search part I: Image analysis in Rust
- Kamesh Sampath: Simplify Your Dockerfile
- Lino Mattos: Aprendiendo Rust 🦀️ II. Programming a guessing game
- Tsiry Sandratraina: Introducing TuneIn-CLI: A Command-Line Interface to Browse and Listen to Thousands of Radio Stations Globally
- turingpi: Best places to hire Rust developers
- Akmal Chaudhri: Quick tip: Numeromancy, WebAssembly and SingleStoreDB Cloud
- El Bruno: #Rust 🦀 – Using #OpenAI Text Completion APIs from Rust
- Akmal Chaudhri: Quick tip: Using WebAssembly to implement the Chi-Square Test of Independence in SingleStoreDB
- Akmal Chaudhri: Quick tip: Using WebAssembly to implement Pearson Product-Moment Correlation in SingleStoreDB
- Akmal Chaudhri: Quick tip: Using WebAssembly to implement Linear Regression and Analysis of Variance in SingleStoreDB
Our Repo Picks
- leptos-rs/leptos (Rust): Build fast web applications with Rust.
- rerun-io/rerun (Rust): Log images, point clouds, etc, and visualize them effortlessly. Built in Rust using egui
- DioxusLabs/dioxus (Rust): Friendly React-like GUI library for desktop, web, mobile, and more.
- rust-unofficial/awesome-rust (Rust): A curated list of Rust code and resources.
- johnlui/PPHC (Rust): 📙《高并发的哲学原理》开源图书（CC BY-NC-ND）
- datafuselabs/databend (Rust): A modern cloud data warehouse focusing on reducing cost and complexity for your massive-scale analytics needs. Open source alternative to Snowflake. Also available in the cloud: https://app.databend.com
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- slawlor/ractor (Rust): Rust actor framework
- tauri-apps/tauri (Rust): Build smaller, faster, and more secure desktop applications with a web frontend.
- PyO3/pyo3 (Rust): Rust bindings for the Python interpreter
- mullvad/mullvadvpn-app (Rust): The Mullvad VPN client app for desktop and mobile
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Open source virtual / remote desktop infrastructure for everyone! The open source TeamViewer alternative. Display and control your PC and Android devices from anywhere at anytime.
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- sunface/rust-course (Rust): “连续六年成为全世界最受喜爱的语言，无 GC 也无需手动内存管理、极高的性能和安全性、过程/OO/函数式编程、优秀的包管理、JS 未来基石" — 工作之余的第二语言来试试 Rust 吧。<<Rust 语言圣经>>拥有全面且深入的讲解、生动贴切的示例、德芙般丝滑的内容，甚至还有 JS 程序员关注的 WASM 和 Deno 等专题。这可能是目前最用心的 Rust 中文学习教程 / Book
- m1guelpf/plz-cli (Rust): Copilot for your terminal
- tree-sitter/tree-sitter (Rust): An incremental parsing system for programming tools
- qarmin/czkawka (Rust): Multi functional app to find duplicates, empty folders, similar images etc.
- qdrant/qdrant (Rust): Qdrant - Vector Search Engine and Database for the next generation of AI applications. Also available in the cloud https://qdrant.to/cloud
- tokio-rs/tokio (Rust): A runtime for writing reliable asynchronous applications with Rust. Provides I/O, networking, scheduling, timers, ...
- Byron/gitoxide (Rust): An idiomatic, lean, fast & safe pure Rust implementation of Git
- rustdesk/rustdesk-server (Rust): RustDesk Server Program
- vectordotdev/vector (Rust): A high-performance observability data pipeline.
- serde-rs/serde (Rust): Serialization framework for Rust
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄