TLWI Rust #115
Hello and welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We have some exciting links to share with you, so grab a cup of coffee and let's dive in!
First up, we have a 🔮 ChatGPT Desktop Application available for Mac, Windows, and Linux. Say goodbye to browser tabs cluttering up your workstation and hello to a seamless messaging experience.
Feeling tech-savvy this week? Check out our tutorial on How to Build a Simple Kafka Producer/Consumer Application in Rust. Get your hands dirty with code and expand your tech skills.
Next, we have a Strongly typed JSON library for Rust. If you're a Rust developer, this is a game-changer for how you handle JSON in your applications.
Do you struggle with project management for your Rust projects? We've got you covered with tips on How to make your Rust project management successful. From planning to team communication, we'll cover all the bases.
Lastly, we have a tutorial on implementing base64 encoding using Rust - [Part 1. Learn about the basics and get started with encoding data in your applications.
That's it for this week's edition of the newsletter. We hope you find these links helpful and informative. Stay tuned for more exciting content next week!
Our Article Picks
- Brian Schnee: Rust's most unique memory management features explained - Ownership and Borrowing
- kataoka_nopeNoshishi: Make original Git by Rust! (Analyze section)
- Nathan: How to make your Rust project management successful?
- Jan Schulte: How to Build a Simple Kafka Producer/Consumer Application in Rust
- Serpent7776: Simple JSON parser in c++, rust, ocaml, standard ml
- Rodrigo M.S.: Trending Rust repos of the week 📈
- Serokell: Rust vs. Haskell
- Si Dunn: Hello, Rust. This is C. Play Nice!
- Quack Quack: Implement base64 encoding using Rust - [Part 1] Base64 for non-unicode characters
- Omar.unwrap();: STM32F4 Embedded Rust at the PAC: GPIO Control
- Hannah Aubry: Why We Love Rust: Ferris Is Only Part Of It
- Jan Schulte: How to run WebAssembly from your Rust Program
- Haile Lagi: It's legos all the way down
- Ankit: From and Into Traits in Rust Programming Language
- Quack Quack: Implement base64 encoding using Rust - [Part 2] Handle unicode characters
Our Repo Picks
- uutils/coreutils (Rust): Cross-platform Rust rewrite of the GNU coreutils
- casey/ord (Rust): 👁🗨 Rare and exotic sats
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Open source virtual / remote desktop infrastructure for everyone! The open source TeamViewer alternative. Display and control your PC and Android devices from anywhere at anytime.
- meilisearch/meilisearch (Rust): A lightning-fast search engine that fits effortlessly into your apps, websites, and workflow.
- lencx/ChatGPT (Rust): 🔮 ChatGPT Desktop Application (Mac, Windows and Linux)
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- qdrant/qdrant (Rust): Qdrant - Vector Search Engine and Database for the next generation of AI applications. Also available in the cloud https://qdrant.to/cloud
- messense/aliyundrive-webdav (Rust): 阿里云盘 WebDAV 服务
- sonnylazuardi/chatgpt-desktop (Rust): OpenAI ChatGPT desktop app for Mac, Windows, & Linux menubar using Tauri & Rust
- risingwavelabs/risingwave (Rust): RisingWave: A Distributed SQL Database for Stream Processing
- eto-ai/lance (Rust): Alternative to Parquet. 100x faster for random access, includes a vector index and automatic versioning. Apache Arrow and DuckDB compatible.
- aurae-runtime/aurae (Rust): Distributed systems runtime daemon written in Rust.
- serde-rs/json (Rust): Strongly typed JSON library for Rust
- charliermarsh/ruff (Rust): An extremely fast Python linter, written in Rust.
- actix/examples (Rust): Community showcase and examples of Actix ecosystem usage.
- rust-lang/rust-clippy (Rust): A bunch of lints to catch common mistakes and improve your Rust code. Book: https://doc.rust-lang.org/clippy/
- lambdaclass/lambdaworks (Rust): The library for kids who wanna learn how to do SNARKs and learn other cryptographic stuff too
- rust-bakery/nom (Rust): Rust parser combinator framework
- SeaQL/sea-orm (Rust): 🐚 An async & dynamic ORM for Rust
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- emilk/egui (Rust): egui: an easy-to-use immediate mode GUI in Rust that runs on both web and native
- graphprotocol/graph-node (Rust): Graph Node indexes data from blockchains such as Ethereum and serves it over GraphQL
- RustPython/RustPython (Rust): A Python Interpreter written in Rust
- hyperium/tonic (Rust): A native gRPC client & server implementation with async/await support.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄