TLWI Rust #111
Hey there, lovely readers! It's that time of the week again - the past few days have flown by and we're ready to drop some more exciting tech news in your inbox!
This week, we're pleased to shine a spotlight on some pretty snazzy developments. First up, we're thrilled about the Virtual Machine Monitor for modern Cloud workloads. This bad boy is jam-packed with features to make your cloud experience as smooth as silk. Trust us, you won't want to miss out on this one!
Next, we present to you the Music Player - a high-performance, extensible application for digital audio playback. Whether you're studying, doing some exercise, or just vibin' out, this music player is perfect for those of us who need a beat in our lives.
If the music isn't enough to get you feeling hyped, then we have some news that'll have you blasting off! This week, we introduce a configurable, high-performance routing runtime for Apollo Federation! 🚀 This runtime is sure to take your application to new heights!
For all our OpenBSD users, we are delighted to announce that Lemmy Server 0.16.7 is now available to install! Trust us when we say that this is the upgrade that you didn't know you needed - but absolutely must have.
Last but certainly not least, we bring you a GPU-accelerated, cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer! And the best part? It was written by @wez and implemented in Rust. Now, we know you're dying to check it out - so don't hesitate to hit that link and be blown away by the incredible functionality this terminal has to offer!
As always, we're ecstatic to share these developments with you all. So grab a coffee, settle in, and prepare to get excited! Here's to geeking out about tech together! 🤓
Our Article Picks
- Alicia Sykes: CLI tools you won't be able to live without 🔧
- Jintao Zhang: My Rust journey and how to learn Rust
- austinchristensen: Stack vs Heap (RUST)
- Filip: Benchmarking web servers in different languages
- Emanuel Allely: Why we chose C over Rust
- Omar.unwrap();: Rust FFI and bindgen: Integrating Embedded C Code in Rust
- Sivakumar: Working with Struct in Rust
- Ebenezer Enietan (Niza): These newer programming Languages could be the future
- nabbisen: Lemmy 0.16.7 on OpenBSD 7.2
- nabbisen: pict-rs 0.3.2 on OpenBSD 7.2: Install
- Megan Grant: MongoDB $weeklyUpdate #101 (January 20, 2023): Interacting with MongoDB in an AWS Lambda Function Using Go!
- Si Dunn: Rust(y) Cargo!
- Yuki Ishii: What is Default in Rust?
- Tin Chung: Rust Blog Series: What is Rust programming language?
- nabbisen: Lemmy Server 0.16.7 on OpenBSD 7.2: Install
- Tsiry Sandratraina: Introducing the Music Player: A High-Performance, Extensible Application for Digital Audio Playback
- Abhijeet Singh: Bongo Copy Cat: A Tauri Cat that wants to be involved in everything you do 👨💻👩💻
- Sivakumar: REST API Implementation in Rust
- Sivakumar: Rust Date & Time
- Sivakumar: Rust Formatting
- Nicholas Jeon: Is Rust a good choice for your next web application?
- Karthic Rao: Shadowing in Rust
- El Bruno: #Rust 🦀 – 🧵 String Interpolation in Rust (as usual, super fun 😄)
- Tiago Correia: Help error handling rust
- Sivakumar: Rust Traits
- El Bruno: #Rust 🦀 – Let’s create a Generic log() Function👍
Our Repo Picks
- ReagentX/imessage-exporter (Rust): Export MacOS iMessage data + run iMessage Diagnostics
- leptos-rs/leptos (Rust): Build fast web applications with Rust.
- paritytech/substrate (Rust): Substrate: The platform for blockchain innovators
- tweedegolf/101-rs (Rust): A Rust university course
- paritytech/polkadot (Rust): Polkadot Node Implementation
- lencx/ChatGPT (Rust): 🔮 ChatGPT Desktop Application (Mac, Windows and Linux)
- juspay/hyperswitch (Rust): An Open Source Financial Switch to make Payments fast, reliable and affordable
- massalabs/massa (Rust): The Decentralized and Scaled Blockchain
- PyO3/pyo3 (Rust): Rust bindings for the Python interpreter
- helix-editor/helix (Rust): A post-modern modal text editor.
- MystenLabs/sui (Rust): Sui, a next-generation smart contract platform with high throughput, low latency, and an asset-oriented programming model powered by the Move programming language
- cloud-hypervisor/cloud-hypervisor (Rust): A Virtual Machine Monitor for modern Cloud workloads. Features include CPU, memory and device hotplug, support for running Windows and Linux guests, device offload with vhost-user and a minimal compact footprint. Written in Rust with a strong focus on security.
- tokio-rs/axum (Rust): Ergonomic and modular web framework built with Tokio, Tower, and Hyper
- erikgrinaker/toydb (Rust): Distributed SQL database in Rust, written as a learning project
- apollographql/router (Rust): A configurable, high-performance routing runtime for Apollo Federation 🚀
- matter-labs/zksync (Rust): zkSync: trustless scaling and privacy engine for Ethereum
- bottlerocket-os/bottlerocket (Rust): An operating system designed for hosting containers
- pola-rs/polars (Rust): Fast multi-threaded, hybrid-out-of-core DataFrame library in Rust | Python | Node.js
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- rayon-rs/rayon (Rust): Rayon: A data parallelism library for Rust
- Schniz/fnm (Rust): 🚀 Fast and simple Node.js version manager, built in Rust
- apache/arrow-rs (Rust): Official Rust implementation of Apache Arrow
- alacritty/alacritty (Rust): A cross-platform, OpenGL terminal emulator.
- wez/wezterm (Rust): A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄