TLWI Rust #108
Greetings, fellow techies! It's time for another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter. This week, we have some fantastic links that we are thrilled to share with you. Are you ready? Here we go!
First up, we have a safe and portable GPU abstraction in Rust, implementing WebGPU API. Rust has become increasingly popular in recent years for its memory safety features, and this implementation provides a significant boost to Rust by enabling developers to write code for the GPU efficiently. Read more about it in our first link.
Do you use Bitwarden for your password management? Well, we have great news for you. A talented developer has created an unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs. This new server boasts impressive performance and stability. Get all the details in our second link.
Are you a web developer who's considering learning Rust? We’ve got you covered. Our third link will help you weigh the pros and cons of learning Rust and determine whether it will be the right fit for you. Trust us, this is an article you don’t want to miss!
It's that time of the year again! Advent of Code has begun, and we're already on day 20. Are you up for the challenge? Join other developers in tackling festive programming challenges for the next few weeks. Check out our fourth link and get started today.
Finally, we have an open-source cross-platform file explorer powered by a virtual distributed file system written in Rust. Spacedrive is a great tool for anyone looking for an alternative to common file explorers like File Explorer on Windows, Finder on Mac, or Nautilus on Linux. Learn more about it in our fifth link.
That's it, folks! We hope you enjoyed our newsletter and found the links informative and exciting. Until next time, keep learning and stay curious!
Our Article Picks
- Nathan: Should you learn Rust as Web Developer?
- Matt Angelosanto: Build a real-time chat app with Rust and React
- Ervin Szilagyi: AWS Lambda Extensions with Rust
- ippsav: Rust Backend API With Axum
- Nick Taylor: Yet Another Newsletter LOL: Too much turkey
- Omar.unwrap();: Embedded Rust and Embassy: Timer Ultrasonic Distance Measurement
- Antonov Mike: Algorithm for x-mass
- Thiago Pacheco: I built an OpenAI CLI in Rust
- Maarten van Vliet: TIL - Implementing Encoder for NifStructs
- Nicky Meuleman: Advent of Code 2022 Day 25
- Karim: Exposer son pod à distance dans Kubernetes ou OpenShift avec Rust …
- RareSkills: Solana Smart Contract Language
- Bruno Barros: Chamada HTTP em Rust
- Eric Burden: Advent of Code 2022 - Day 21
- Eric Burden: Advent of Code 2022 - Day 20
- Karim: Accéder à l’ensemble du cluster Kubernetes avec Tailscale …
- Eric Burden: Advent of Code 2022 - Day 22
- Eric Burden: Advent of Code 2022 - Day 23
- Eric Burden: Advent of Code 2022 - Day 24
- Svix: Open Source Webhooks as a Service Written in Rust
- Kavindu Santhusa: Top 10 trending github repos of the week😜.
- Ricardo da Rocha: Modelando algoritmos complexos com enum
Our Repo Picks
- google/comprehensive-rust (Rust): This is the Rust course used by the Android team at Google. It provides you the material to quickly teach Rust to everyone.
- lencx/ChatGPT (Rust): 🤖 ChatGPT Desktop Application (Mac, Windows and Linux)
- dani-garcia/vaultwarden (Rust): Unofficial Bitwarden compatible server written in Rust, formerly known as bitwarden_rs
- RustPython/RustPython (Rust): A Python Interpreter written in Rust
- lapce/lapce (Rust): Lightning-fast and Powerful Code Editor written in Rust
- TheAlgorithms/Rust (Rust): All Algorithms implemented in Rust
- charliermarsh/ruff (Rust): An extremely fast Python linter, written in Rust.
- EmbarkStudios/rust-gpu (Rust): 🐉 Making Rust a first-class language and ecosystem for GPU shaders 🚧
- rust-lang/book (Rust): The Rust Programming Language
- spacedriveapp/spacedrive (Rust): Spacedrive is an open source cross-platform file explorer, powered by a virtual distributed filesystem written in Rust.
- DioxusLabs/dioxus (Rust): Friendly React-like GUI library for desktop, web, mobile, and more.
- tikv/tikv (Rust): Distributed transactional key-value database, originally created to complement TiDB
- rust-unofficial/awesome-rust (Rust): A curated list of Rust code and resources.
- starship/starship (Rust): ☄🌌️ The minimal, blazing-fast, and infinitely customizable prompt for any shell!
- tokio-rs/mini-redis (Rust): Incomplete Redis client and server implementation using Tokio - for learning purposes only
- sunface/rust-by-practice (Rust): Learning Rust By Practice, narrowing the gap between beginner and skilled-dev with challenging examples, exercises and projects.
- risingwavelabs/risingwave (Rust): RisingWave: the next-generation streaming database in the cloud.
- gfx-rs/wgpu (Rust): Safe and portable GPU abstraction in Rust, implementing WebGPU API.
- launchbadge/sqlx (Rust): 🧰 The Rust SQL Toolkit. An async, pure Rust SQL crate featuring compile-time checked queries without a DSL. Supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite, and MSSQL.
- wez/wezterm (Rust): A GPU-accelerated cross-platform terminal emulator and multiplexer written by @wez and implemented in Rust
- sunface/rust-course (Rust): “连续六年成为全世界最受喜爱的语言，无 GC 也无需手动内存管理、极高的性能和安全性、过程/OO/函数式编程、优秀的包管理、JS 未来基石" — 工作之余的第二语言来试试 Rust 吧。<<Rust 语言圣经>>拥有全面且深入的讲解、生动贴切的示例、德芙般丝滑的内容，甚至还有 JS 程序员关注的 WASM 和 Deno 等专题。这可能是目前最用心的 Rust 中文学习教程 / Book
- datafuselabs/databend (Rust): A powerful cloud data warehouse. Built for elasticity and efficiency. Open source alternative to Snowflake. Also available in the cloud: https://app.databend.com
- aya-rs/aya (Rust): Aya is an eBPF library for the Rust programming language, built with a focus on developer experience and operability.
- PyO3/pyo3 (Rust): Rust bindings for the Python interpreter
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄