TLWI Rust #102
Hello there, lovely readers! Welcome back to another edition of our weekly newsletter. This week, we've got a little something for everyone - from developers looking to hone their skills to fans of wacky widgets. So, let's get started!
First up, we have something truly exciting for all our tech enthusiasts out there. A Decentralized Operating System for ZK Applications is here! This system has been designed to bring increased security to decentralized applications - and we couldn't be more thrilled. If you're interested in learning more about the future of decentralized systems, be sure to check out this link.
Next on our agenda, we have something that's perfect for developers who are just starting out. 😊 If you're looking to get comfortable with the Rust programming language, Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code! is an excellent starting point. These exercises are quick, easy, and will get your coding fingers nice and limber.
Now, we know that not everyone in the industry is sunshine and rainbows. Unfortunately, every now and then we come across individuals who are just plain negative. In this week's edition, we're sharing an article that dives into this topic. Of bad feedback and one-upper coders offers some valuable insights and practical tips for dealing with difficult colleagues.
Moving along, we've got something that is sure to delight music lovers out there. For all our Chinese readers, we're sharing a link to a very helpful resource - 一键安装 BetterNCM. This software allows you to easily download high-quality music from NetEase Cloud Music, one of the largest music streaming services in China. Give it a try and let us know what you think!
Finally, we have a link that is sure to put a smile on everyone's face. ElKowars wacky widgets is a fun, lighthearted website with an array of quirky widgets that will add some flair to your daily routine. From a virtual bubble wrap to a customizable fortune teller, they've got it all. Check it out and brighten up your day!
That's it for this week, folks. We hope that you enjoyed this edition and found something that piqued your interest. Have a great week, and we'll see you again soon!
Our Article Picks
- Konstantin Grechishchev: Five simple steps to use any Arduino C++ library in a Rust project 🦀
- Justin Patriquin: Releasing Rust Binaries with GitHub Actions - Part 1
- Falon Darville: Build a Job Queue with Rust Using Aide-De-Camp (Part 2)
- Omar.unwrap();: 4-Step Primer on Navigating Embedded Rust HAL Documentation
- Jorge Castro: Generic MongoDB function in Rust
- Elizabeth Sønnichsen: Of bad feedback and one-upper coders
- Ryosuke: Render Pipelines in wgpu and Rust
- Matthias Debernardini: How to oxidize a public RESTful JSON API with these two tips
- Genne23v: Now JUnit Test Running in GitHub CI Actions
Our Repo Picks
- bevyengine/bevy (Rust): A refreshingly simple data-driven game engine built in Rust
- rustdesk/rustdesk (Rust): Open source virtual / remote desktop infrastructure for everyone! The open source TeamViewer alternative. Display and control your PC and Android devices from anywhere at anytime.
- charliermarsh/ruff (Rust): An extremely fast Python linter, written in Rust.
- Kindelia/HVM (Rust): A massively parallel, optimal functional runtime in Rust
- AleoHQ/snarkOS (Rust): A Decentralized Operating System for ZK Applications
- RustPython/RustPython (Rust): A Python Interpreter written in Rust
- rustdesk/rustdesk-server (Rust): RustDesk Server Program
- rust-lang/rustlings (Rust): 🦀 Small exercises to get you used to reading and writing Rust code!
- 0x192/universal-android-debloater (Rust): Cross-platform GUI written in Rust using ADB to debloat non-rooted android devices. Improve your privacy, the security and battery life of your device.
- mozilla/sccache (Rust): sccache is ccache with cloud storage
- tokio-rs/axum (Rust): Ergonomic and modular web framework built with Tokio, Tower, and Hyper
- risingwavelabs/risingwave (Rust): RisingWave: the next-generation streaming database in the cloud.
- MicroCBer/BetterNCM-Installer (Rust): 一键安装 BetterNCM
- datafuselabs/databend (Rust): A powerful cloud data warehouse. Built for elasticity and efficiency. Free and open. Also available in the cloud: https://app.databend.com
- EAimTY/tuic (Rust): Delicately-TUICed high-performance proxy built on top of the QUIC protocol
- serenity-rs/serenity (Rust): A Rust library for the Discord API.
- rust-lang/rust (Rust): Empowering everyone to build reliable and efficient software.
- elkowar/eww (Rust): ElKowars wacky widgets
- AppFlowy-IO/AppFlowy (Rust): AppFlowy is an open-source alternative to Notion. You are in charge of your data and customizations. Built with Flutter and Rust.
- rust-lang/book (Rust): The Rust Programming Language
- ogham/exa (Rust): A modern replacement for ‘ls’.
- godot-rust/godot-rust (Rust): Rust bindings for GDNative
Rusticles is a weekly roundup for all things Rust! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄