TLWI Python #9
Hellooooooo, newsletter pals!
We've got a seriously exciting lineup this week full of links to get you geeking out. Let's kick things off with something for the web developers among us. Have you been toying with the idea of setting up a Flask CRUD API on AWS? Get ready to take notes because this link is exactly what you need! Learn how to deploy, manage, and scale your application on the AWS Cloud using Flask and a step-by-step guide.
Next up, we're taking a look at Zulip, a powerful open-source team chat that's perfect for collaboration. Improve your team communication by streamlining your workflow, assigning tasks, and keeping everyone in sync with Zulip. Pro tip: it's more than just a chat app, so make sure to check out its nifty bots and integrations!
Are you interested in automating financial data collection and storage? This link is for you! Learn how to streamline financial data gathering and store it in CrateDB, a SQL database designed for performance and scalability, with the help of Python and Pandas. Save time and improve your data processing workflow by using these powerful tools and techniques.
We've all heard of blockchain and cryptocurrency, but have you considered its potential in the gaming industry? This next link introduces a blockchain games development company that's been creating innovative, decentralized games that incorporate cryptocurrency and blockchain technology. Get ready for a whole new level of immersive gameplay.
Finally, we're looking at monitoring for your FastAPI application. If you're not familiar, FastAPI is a lightning-fast Python web framework that's gaining in popularity. This link introduces you to OpenTelemetry, a powerful monitoring tool that will help identify issues and improve performance. Plus, with the help of OpenTelemetry, you'll know exactly what's happening with your app in real-time.
That's all for now, folks! We hope you enjoy these links and stay tuned for more exciting stuff next week.
Hot Python Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Mr. Unity Buddy: 7 Awesome Python Libraries To Play With 🕺
- liadshviro: How to upload videos / docs along your code using SpeaCode?👨💻📷🚀
- Nomadev💻🔱: Top 5 Best Git Extensions For VS Code (You must have)
- Nomadev💻🔱: How to crack FAANG Interviews?
- Ahmed El Taweel: Python decorator to show execution time of a function
- Yash Makan: 4 Free hosting platforms for python web app with step-by-step process
- Ankit Anand ✨: Monitoring your FastAPI application using OpenTelemetry📊🚀
- CincyBC: Web Scraping Sprott U Fund with BS4 in 10 Lines of Code
- Martin Heinz: Exploring Google Analytics Realtime Data with Python
- Vadim Kolobanov: Detailed Python: or How to Cross the Border of Knowledge
- Ruthvik Raja M.V: How to save the entire user session using Python?
- SandraRodgers: Getting Started with JSON
- Jerry Ng: Ditch These 7 Bad Habits in Python
- Ander Rodriguez: Intro to Web Scraping with Selenium in Python
- Eric The Coder: Python FastAPI crash course: Part 3
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: 4 line code to download full youtube playlist videos
- Mo Shoaib: Advanced Interview Questions
- Tejas Kathuria: Get started with discord.py!
- Thuwarakesh Murallie: How I Create Dazzling Dashboards Purely in Python.
- Bala Priya C: Python String Methods for Whitespace Removal
- Blockchain Games Development Company: Blockchain Games Development Company
- Ryan Whelchel: Day 24 of #100daysofcode: Sticking with Flask
- Francesco Ciulla: Flask CRUD API on AWS
- Adhir Kirtikar: Air Quality - Pollutant Index - India
- Lorena Ciutacu: 5 ways to keep your skills fresh after finishing a coding bootcamp
- Ryan Whelchel: Day 19 of #100daysofcode: Yesterday's Work
- Eric Le Codeur: Introduction à FastAPI (Python) : Partie 2
- Julien Maury: Another Python cheat sheet
- Ryan Whelchel: Day 21 of #100daysofcode: Your code will haunt you
- M.V.S.Sai hiranmayee: 3-lines code to detect text from an image in python
- Rafaela Santana: How to automate financial data collection and storage in CrateDB with Python and pandas
- Evrone: How to successfully host a regional IT conference in the midst of a lockdown
- Eric Le Codeur: Introduction à FastAPI (Python) : Partie 3
- Scott Gordon: Client / Server Chat
- Aniket Bhattacharjee: Greeting contributors automatically on Jarvis with Github Actions
- Atharva Shirdhankar: Interesting Python Module 1 : PyTube
- Anand: ConsoPY - A terminal like python program
- Ryan Whelchel: Day 23 of #100daysofcode: Meetings and Progress
- Meet Gor: Django Basics: Views and URLs
- Ryan Whelchel: Day 18 of #100daysofcode: Head Down
- Vaarun Sinha: My Second Hackathon Was Awesome! Here are some tips for a great hackathon.
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: 5 Most Useful Scripts in Python-1
- Ryan Whelchel: Day 20 of #100daysofcode: Happy Thanksgiving!
- Qihua Hu: Excel Automation with Python : Latitude and Longitude
- whykay 👩🏻💻🐈🏳️🌈 (she/her): PyLadies Dublin November Meetup (last meetup of 2021)
- Alvison Hunter Arnuero | Front-End Web Developer: Class Inheritance In Python
- Mahmoud EL-kariouny: Learn how to create a full-stack To-Do app with Flask&Vue.js 📋
- Vofox Solutions Pvt Ltd: Node.js vs Python: Which Backend Technology To Choose?
- Paulo Mota: How run background python scripts in Linux
- Ahmet Onur Solmaz: Request/Response Cycle of Django — Basic
- Almuhannad_01: Basic concepts of programming
- applericky: MAC Address lookup using Python ( and an API )
- Ruthvik Raja M.V: Back Propagation in Neural Networks
- Łukasz Żmudziński: How to use FastAPI for microservices in Python
- WhiteHat💫: Simple Python Program To Find IP Address
- Wolf: Is there an api/library in python for ray.so or carbon.now.sh?
- Meet Gor: Django Basics: Folder Structure
- domonic: A template language to create files and folders
- Kalob Taulien: How we use API's at Arbington.com
- José Moyano Jiménez: Hola Mundo
Our Repo Picks
- mpcabete/bombcrypto-bot (Python): This is a python bot that automatically logs in, clicks the new button, and sends heroes to work in the bombcrypto game. It is fully open source and free.
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleDetection (Python): Object detection and instance segmentation toolkit based on PaddlePaddle.
- TachibanaYoshino/AnimeGANv2 (Python): [Open Source]. The improved version of AnimeGAN. Landscape photos/videos to anime
- pengzhiliang/MAE-pytorch (Python): Unofficial PyTorch implementation of Masked Autoencoders Are Scalable Vision Learners
- microsoft/qlib (Python): Qlib is an AI-oriented quantitative investment platform, which aims to realize the potential, empower the research, and create the value of AI technologies in quantitative investment. With Qlib, you can easily try your ideas to create better Quant investment strategies. An increasing number of SOTA Quant research works/papers are released in Qlib.
- iterativv/NostalgiaForInfinity (Python): Trading strategy for the Freqtrade crypto bot
- tensorflow/gnn (Python): TensorFlow GNN is a library to build Graph Neural Networks on the TensorFlow platform.
- PeterL1n/RobustVideoMatting (Python): Robust Video Matting in PyTorch, TensorFlow, TensorFlow.js, ONNX, CoreML!
- 521xueweihan/HelloGitHub (Python): 分享 GitHub 上有趣、入门级的开源项目。Share interesting, entry-level open source projects on GitHub.
- zulip/zulip (Python): Zulip server and web app—powerful open source team chat
- 0x0021h/expbox (Python): Vulnerability Exploitation Code Collection Repository
- MenghaoGuo/Awesome-Vision-Attentions (Python): Summary of related papers on visual attention
- mvt-project/mvt (Python): MVT (Mobile Verification Toolkit) helps conducting forensics of mobile devices in order to find signs of a potential compromise.
- beurtschipper/Depix (Python): Recovers passwords from pixelized screenshots
- Z4nzu/hackingtool (Python): ALL IN ONE Hacking Tool For Hackers
- lucidrains/vit-pytorch (Python): Implementation of Vision Transformer, a simple way to achieve SOTA in vision classification with only a single transformer encoder, in Pytorch
- donnemartin/system-design-primer (Python): Learn how to design large-scale systems. Prep for the system design interview. Includes Anki flashcards.
- tiangolo/full-stack-fastapi-postgresql (Python): Full stack, modern web application generator. Using FastAPI, PostgreSQL as database, Docker, automatic HTTPS and more.
- tgbot-collection/YYeTsBot (Python): 🎬 人人影视 bot，完全对接人人影视全部无删减资源
- willmcgugan/textual (Python): Textual is a TUI (Text User Interface) framework for Python inspired by modern web development.
- ethereum/web3.py (Python): A python interface for interacting with the Ethereum blockchain and ecosystem.
- PaddlePaddle/Paddle (Python): PArallel Distributed Deep LEarning: Machine Learning Framework from Industrial Practice （『飞桨』核心框架，深度学习&机器学习高性能单机、分布式训练和跨平台部署）
- microsoft/unilm (Python): Large-scale Self-supervised Pre-training Across Tasks, Languages, and Modalities
- yt-dlp/yt-dlp (Python): A youtube-dl fork with additional features and fixes
- swisskyrepo/PayloadsAllTheThings (Python): A list of useful payloads and bypass for Web Application Security and Pentest/CTF
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄