Hey there, happy readers! 🎉 It's that time of the week again, and we've got an action-packed newsletter lined up just for you. So kick back, relax, and get ready to dive into some amazing resources and exciting projects. We've got something for all you machine learning enthusiasts, Python aficionados, and tech-savvy folks out there. Let's jump right in, shall we? 💻📚
First up, we have a treasure trove of Machine Learning Engineering Guides and Tools that will make any ML architect's heart skip a beat. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting your journey into the vast world of AI, these guides and tools will be your trusty companions. From mastering algorithms to deploying models at scale, these resources have got you covered. So get ready to level up your ML game with this important reference!
Now, let's switch gears a bit and talk about Python! 🐍 If you're a budding Pythonista or even a seasoned developer looking for a fresh approach to project management, we've got an exciting article just for you. Check out Beginning Python: Project Management With PDM, where you'll discover a powerful package that will streamline your Python projects and make your life a whole lot easier. So say goodbye to project management headaches and start coding with confidence using PDM. Don't miss out on this important reference!
Okay, I've got a confession to make – we've all been there, struggling with what we thought was a "Good First Issue" but ended up being a puzzling labyrinth of complexity. 😅 But fear not, because we've got a fantastic article that will resonate with every developer and help you navigate through the chaos. Dive into the fascinating story behind the phrase "It was not 'Good First Issue'", and learn what it truly means to find beginner-friendly open-source contributions. Trust me, this one's a doozy and definitely deserves your attention. Check out the eye-opening important reference!
Enough with the serious stuff – it's time to get our creative juices flowing! 🎨 Are you itching to start a new Python project but lacking inspiration? Well, worry no more, because we've got you covered with a list of 20 Exciting Python Project Ideas that will get you fired up and ready to code. Whether it's building a weather app, creating a game, or exploring data visualization, this list has something for everyone. So stop twiddling your thumbs and bring your ideas to life with these awesome project suggestions. Dive in with this important reference!
Last but certainly not least, have you ever wished you could transcribe audio directly from the command line? Well, wish no more, because OpenAI has done it again with OpenAI Whisper: Transcribe in the Terminal for free. This powerful tool allows you to transcribe audio files effortlessly, right from your trusty terminal. Say goodbye to switching between applications and embrace the simplicity of Whisper. You definitely don't want to miss out on this amazing important reference!
And that wraps up this week's newsletter, folks! We hope you enjoy exploring these fantastic resources and projects as much as we did. Remember, keep learning, keep tinkering, and keep having fun with technology. Until next time, happy coding! 👩💻🚀
Updates From The Python Blog
- Python 3.13.0 alpha 1 is now available - Friday, October 13, 2023
Our Article Picks
- Saurabh Rai: Your full guide to contributing to SWIRL 🌌
- Davor Runje: How we deprecated two successful projects and joined forces to create an even more successful one
- Scofield Idehen: Building a Tkinter GUI Application from Scratch with Python
- Scofield Idehen: SQLite with Python
- Chris White: Basic Python Project Layout
- M-Rafay: 🐍 Mastering Python: The Art of *args and **kwargs 🚀💻
- Pavan Belagatti: Data Analysis of the Titanic with Python!
- Rami Alshaar: From a few lines of code to building a whole functional website 🚀🌎.
- Hakeem Abbas: Top 10 Python Libraries for Data Analysis
- Vitor Buxbaum Orlandi: Testando testes no Python - Parte 2: fixtures parametrizadas
- Zoo Codes: Empowering Web Development with FastAPI and HTMX
- Kendrick Onyango: Exploratory Data Analysis using Data Visualization Techniques
- Chris Pennington: OpenAI Whisper: Transcribe in the Terminal for free
- Oluwafunmilola Obisesan: Diabetes Prediction using Machine Learning.
- Ronald R: It was not "Good First Issue"
- WhatsApp API for developers: Creating a WhatsApp Bot with Python: a step-by-step guide for developer
- Renaldi: A Deep Dive into Prompt Engineering for Amazon Bedrock (...Mostly for AI21 Foundational Models)
- shrey vijayvargiya: Comparing 11 Top Email Service Providers
- Miguel Müller: Comparing Text Similarity Measurement Methods: Sentence Transformers vs. Fuzzy
- Vitor Buxbaum Orlandi: Testando testes no Python - Parte 3: Pytest dentro do Pytest
- Simba Institute: Python Training in Surat - Simba Institute
- Vitor Buxbaum Orlandi: Testing tests in Python - Part 1: reasons and alternatives
- André Ulle: Entendendo Algoritmos - CAP 2. Como usar arrays e listas encadeadas na prática
- Rajdip Bhattacharya: Automating Python Deployments with GitHub Actions, AWS ECR, and AWS Lambda
- Storm Anduaga-Arias: Working with Sessions in Flask: A Comprehensive Guide
- Liz Acosta: Using Python’s Built-in Tools for Unit Test Parameterization: A closer look at unittest's subTest()
- Noah Hughes: Python Imports: The Most Unintuitive
- Nihal Patel: Double Life of Python List.
- Miguel Ángel Cabrera Miñagorri: Deploying an object detection application to the cloud using Kubernetes and Helm
- Nikita Tsvetkov: Avoid Ifs in Tests
- Aditya Priyadarshi: Infinite Scroll Pagination in Django with HTMX
- Nogrend: Awareness of Energy Consumption
- Praise Idowu: 20 Exciting Python Project Ideas
- Morganna: Why is it important to orchestrate your automation built in Python or other programming languages?
- Chris White: Beginning Python: Project Management With PDM
- Kash: Top 5 High Paying Python Jobs
- Keyur Ramoliya: Python - Use Context Managers
- janosmurai: Preptember - How to setup your project for Hacktoberfest
- Lane Wagner: Understanding Stacks: From Concept to Python Implementation
- Honeybadger Staff: Build a CI/CD pipeline for Flask apps using GitHub Actions
- Chris: How to Set Formatting and Linting on VSCode for Python using Black Formatter and Flake8 Extensions
- Kacper Włodarczyk: Facebook SPY - Python CLI Tools for scraping Facebook
- Adarsh Punj: 🔔 Desktop notifications in 10 lines of Python code
- CodeItBro: 10 Best Python GUI Libraries: Elevate Your User Interfaces
- Hillila-PAMELA-PETER: Unveiling Insights :Exploratory Data Analysis through data visualization techniques.
- Francisco Júnior: Guia de Organização de Projeto Django
- Vitaly Bogomolov: Converting markdown to pdf in Python
- Morganna: Por que é importante orquestrar suas automações feitas em Python ou outras linguagens de programação?
- tinega: Web Scraping using Selenium: A Guide for Beginners
- Sanjay 🥷: From Pixels to Art: Mastering Edges in CV 🌟
- Ahmed Mujtaba Butt: Using PCA for Data Reduction and Face Recognition on LFW Dataset
- ZenRows: 🔥 How to Scrape Dynamic Web Pages in Python 🚀
- Kevin Naidoo: Linux servers - SSH using python
- DURAND Malo: Multiprocessing en Python
- Bry: Using Flask-Marshmallow for easy JSON Serialization
- Jacqueen: Unveiling Insights from Data: A Step-by-Step Guide to Exploratory Data Analysis with Data Visualization
- Robson Antonio Lima Mendonça: Tutorial de Instalação do Python e Configuração do Ambiente de Desenvolvimento com PyCharm
- Amnish Singh Arora: Working with remotes
- Aqsa81: 15 Important Data Science with Python Interview Questions and Answers
Our Repo Picks
- Pythagora-io/gpt-pilot (Python): Dev tool that writes scalable apps from scratch while the developer oversees the implementation
- arc53/DocsGPT (Python): GPT-powered chat for documentation, chat with your documents
- haotian-liu/LLaVA (Python): [NeurIPS 2023 Oral] Visual Instruction Tuning: LLaVA (Large Language-and-Vision Assistant) built towards multimodal GPT-4 level capabilities.
- docker/genai-stack (Python): Langchain + Docker + Neo4j
- microsoft/promptflow (Python): Build high-quality LLM apps - from prototyping, testing to production deployment and monitoring.
- openai/openai-python (Python): The official Python library for the OpenAI API
- roboflow/supervision (Python): We write your reusable computer vision tools. 💜
- mit-han-lab/streaming-llm (Python): Efficient Streaming Language Models with Attention Sinks
- fishaudio/Bert-VITS2 (Python): vits2 backbone with bert
- dvlab-research/LongLoRA (Python): Code and documents of LongLoRA and LongAlpaca
- xtekky/gpt4free (Python): The official gpt4free repository | various collection of powerful language models
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- n0a/telegram-get-remote-ip (Python): Get IP address on other side audio call in Telegram.
- binary-husky/gpt_academic (Python): 为 ChatGPT/GLM 提供实用化交互界面，特别优化论文阅读/润色/写作体验，模块化设计，支持自定义快捷按钮&函数插件，支持 Python 和 C++等项目剖析&自译解功能，PDF/LaTex 论文翻译&总结功能，支持并行问询多种 LLM 模型，支持 chatglm2 等本地模型。兼容文心一言, moss, llama2, rwkv, claude2, 通义千问, 书生, 讯飞星火等。
- jackfrued/Python-100-Days (Python): Python - 100 天从新手到大师
- OpenBMB/ChatDev (Python): Create Customized Software using Natural Language Idea (through LLM-powered Multi-Agent Collaboration)
- MetaGLM/FinGLM (Python): undefined
- FlagAlpha/Llama2-Chinese (Python): Llama 中文社区，最好的中文 Llama 大模型，完全开源可商用
- paperless-ngx/paperless-ngx (Python): A community-supported supercharged version of paperless: scan, index and archive all your physical documents
- chatchat-space/Langchain-Chatchat (Python): Langchain-Chatchat（原 Langchain-ChatGLM）基于 Langchain 与 ChatGLM 等语言模型的本地知识库问答 | Langchain-Chatchat (formerly langchain-ChatGLM), local knowledge based LLM (like ChatGLM) QA app with langchain
- stas00/ml-engineering (Python): Machine Learning Engineering Guides and Tools
- hotshotco/Hotshot-XL (Python): ✨ Hotshot-XL: State-of-the-art AI text-to-GIF model trained to work alongside Stable Diffusion XL
- AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui (Python): Stable Diffusion web UI
- hiyouga/LLaMA-Factory (Python): Easy-to-use LLM fine-tuning framework (LLaMA-2, BLOOM, Falcon, Baichuan, Qwen, ChatGLM2)
- fineanmol/Hacktoberfest2023 (Python): Make your first Pull Request on Hacktoberfest 2023. Don't forget to spread love and if you like give us a ⭐️
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄