Hello and welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We've got a fantastic lineup of exciting articles and resources for you to dive into. So make sure you grab a cup of coffee, get cozy, and let's get started!
First up, we have some thrilling news from the world of natural language processing. Have you heard about Qwen-7B? It's the official repo of Qwen-7B, a chat and pretrained large language model proposed by Alibaba Cloud. This powerful language model has the ability to understand and respond to human-like text, making it a game-changer in the field. If you're interested in the fascinating world of language models, you won't want to miss this!
Next on the agenda, we have an incredible tutorial that combines fitness, diet, and cutting-edge technology. Have you ever wondered how to build a Fitness and diet Chatbot using FaunaDB, OpenAI, and Twilio in Python? Well, wonder no more! This step-by-step guide will walk you through the process of creating a chatbot that can provide personalized fitness and diet recommendations. Get ready to level up your wellness game!
Now, get ready to have your mind blown with some mind-bending Python magic! Have you ever thought about killing Python side effects in pictures? It may sound like science fiction, but this mind-boggling article will show you how it can be done. Dive into the world of image manipulation and discover how Python can be used to create visually stunning and surprising effects. Prepare to be amazed!
Exciting news for all Python enthusiasts out there! The first release candidate for Python 3.12.0 is out now! Get a sneak peek at the latest features, enhancements, and bug fixes in this upcoming version. Whether you're a seasoned Pythonista or just starting out, you'll definitely want to keep an eye on this release. Check out the details [here](https://pythoninsider.blogspot.com/2023/08/python-3120-release-candidate-1-released.html** - Sunday, August 6, 2023) and stay ahead of the curve!
Last but not least, we have something truly out of the ordinary. How about controlling your Python scripts with your hand? Yes, you read that right! Learn how to remotely control Python mouse movements with your very own hand in this mind-blowing tutorial. You won't believe your eyes when you see how it's done. Get ready to impress your friends and colleagues with this unique Python trick. Check it out here and get ready to take control!
That's all for this week, folks! We hope you enjoy exploring these incredible resources and tutorials. Make sure to keep an eye out for our next edition, packed with even more exciting content. Until then, happy coding and stay curious!
Updates From The Python Blog
- Python 3.12.0 release candidate 1 released - Sunday, August 6, 2023
Our Article Picks
- Necati Özmen: ⚡An Introduction to Using FastAPI
- Sadeedpv: Build Chess game with Pygame
- Gabriel Uri: TaiPy GUI - Some quirks with a neat Python GUI library
- Baivab Sarkar: 📸OpenCV🔮the Enchanted Palette 🎨✨Part: 2
- Salim Ọlánrewájú Oyinlọlá: Object-Oriented Design: Why don't you explain this to me like I'm five
- Adarsh Punj: 🔥 Create GPT-3 bot out of your own PDFs using Python
- feranmiodugbemi: Building an intelligent WhatsApp bot for PDF Question-Answering using Langchain, Twilio, Python and ChatGPT
- Faith Bolanle: How To Use *args and **kwargs In Python
- Kurt Feeley: Find Source Code Vulnerabilities with CodeQL Before You Commit
- Akinnimi Stefan Emmanuel: Introduction To Python Programming - part 2
- Dhruv Joshi: Web Scraping with Python: A Quick Guide to Scrape Data from Website
- feranmiodugbemi: Building a Fitness and diet Chatbot with FaunaDB, OpenAI, and Twilio in Python
- shadowb: Automatically Download Email Attachments Using Python. (Python3)
- Zach: Working with Multiple Celery Queues in Django
- Sachin: Create an Appwrite Database using only Python
- Jonathan Fetterolf: Streamlining Water Well Maintenance in Tanzania: A Logistic Regression Approach
- Oluwadamisi Samuel Praise: Web Scraping with BeautifulSoup: An In-depth Guide For Beginners
- Jay Codes: Building Your First Neural Network: Image Classification with MNIST Fashion Dataset
- Phylis Jepchumba: Introducing Kids to Coding Through Tkinter: A Fun Path to Python's Graphical User Interfaces
- David Mezzetti: 💡 What's new in txtai 6.0
- Chandler: How To Use LangChain in 10 Minutes
- Dilek Karasoy: Live Audio Transcription with Python For Free
- Charles Ndavu: How to Integrate Sentimental Analysis into Strategic Planning Using Python
- AtulKushwaha: class, constructor and magic methods !
- Chris Greening: Effortlessly scrape HTML tables into Python using pd.read_html!
- Oleg Sinavski: Killing Python side effects in pictures
- Sergey Piskunov: N+1 variations of a Singleton in Python
- rohan: A Guide to Python
- Benedikt Schächner: Windows Talker (Part 3)
- James Hubert: Intro to Python: Day 8 - Playing Poker with Python (OOP)
- Giovanni Crisalfi: Getting Started with Hy, the Python Lisp: a Matplotlib example - Ep. 2
- Oluwafemi Paul Adeyemi: SL Classification using Python and R
- Savaş Altürk: Spatial Data Analysis with DuckDB
- Olaoye kunle: Deploying your project from github using render cloud service
- Andy: How to Run a Python Flask App in Docker with Gunicorn, Nginx, Redis, Celery and Crontab
- Thomas Pegler: Steganograhy: Part 1
- Thomas Pegler: Steganography: Part 2 - Advanced LSB
- sc0v1n0: Create container for development data science
- Isaac Oresanya: Exploring Pydroid 3: The Ultimate Python IDE for Android
- Francisco Júnior: Introdução ao Pandas: Unindo DataFrames
- Seerat Awan: Automating Fonts Previews with Python and Pillow
- Naomi Pentrel: Print, Paint, and Program a Guardian to Track Humans and Dogs Using a Pi, Camera, and Servo
- Oscar: Host your Django web-app on PythonAnywhere!
- Tomas Fernandez: Function Calling: Integrate Your GPT Chatbot With Anything
- James Hubert: Intro to Python: Day 7 - Private Methods in Python
- Conrad: Unleashing the Power of Elegance: A Guide to Styling Django Forms
- Alexandrov Roman: Alembic issues with postgresql enum processing
- Saqib Jamil: Python Machine Learning - Handwritten Digit Recognition with TensorFlow
- hayerhans: How to get text from any YT video | Free transcribe program 🖹
- Giovanni Crisalfi: Getting Started with Hy, the Python Lisp: a simple Matplotlib example - Ep. 1
- Dmitry Gordin: Hikvision camera configuration via ISAPI
- Artem Tregub: Building a Basic HTTP Server with Python: A Guide for Automation and Prototyping
- Kaushit: Embracing Imperfection: Why You Should Start Applying Even When You Think You're Not Good Enough
- Robert Sfarzo: Ruby Class Syntax
- Gökhan ERGEN: Python Mouse Control Remotely With Your Hand
- Klemens: Developing a YouTube Subscription Analysis Application with Python
- Aqsa81: Python Automation: Your Beginner's Guide to Simplifying Tasks
- Sid Probstein: Swirl 2.5 released
- Shivam Rohilla: Building a CRUD API in Django Rest Framework with APIView, ViewSets, and Swagger Documentation
- ClickIT - DevOps and Software Development: Flask vs Django: Comparison Table
Our Repo Picks
- QwenLM/Qwen-7B (Python): The official repo of Qwen-7B (通义千问-7B) chat & pretrained large language model proposed by Alibaba Cloud.
- geekan/MetaGPT (Python): 🌟 The Multi-Agent Framework: Given one line Requirement, return PRD, Design, Tasks, Repo
- facebookresearch/audiocraft (Python): Audiocraft is a library for audio processing and generation with deep learning. It features the state-of-the-art EnCodec audio compressor / tokenizer, along with MusicGen, a simple and controllable music generation LM with textual and melodic conditioning.
- sweepai/sweep (Python): Sweep is an AI junior developer
- OpenBMB/ToolBench (Python): An open platform for training, serving, and evaluating large language model for tool learning.
- ShishirPatil/gorilla (Python): Gorilla: An API store for LLMs
- home-assistant/core (Python): 🏡 Open source home automation that puts local control and privacy first.
- morph-labs/rift (Python): Rift: an AI-native language server for your personal AI software engineer
- srbhr/Resume-Matcher (Python): Open Source Free ATS Tool to compare Resumes with Job Descriptions and create a score to rank them.
- xorbitsai/inference (Python): Replace OpenAI GPT with another LLM in your app by changing a single line of code. Xinference gives you the freedom to use any LLM you need. With Xinference, you're empowered to run inference with any open-source language models, speech recognition models, and multimodal models, whether in the cloud, on-premises, or even on your laptop.
- modelscope/modelscope (Python): ModelScope: bring the notion of Model-as-a-Service to life.
- public-apis/public-apis (Python): A collective list of free APIs
- Z4nzu/hackingtool (Python): ALL IN ONE Hacking Tool For Hackers
- TheAlgorithms/Python (Python): All Algorithms implemented in Python
- ymcui/Chinese-LLaMA-Alpaca-2 (Python): 中文 LLaMA-2 & Alpaca-2 大模型二期项目 + 本地 CPU/GPU 训练部署 (Chinese LLaMA-2 & Alpaca-2 LLMs)
- huggingface/trl (Python): Train transformer language models with reinforcement learning.
- yangjianxin1/Firefly (Python): Firefly(流萤): 中文对话式大语言模型(全量微调+QLoRA)，支持微调 Llma2、Llama、Qwen、Baichuan、ChatGLM2、InternLM、Ziya、Bloom 等大模型
- charlesbel/Microsoft-Rewards-Farmer (Python): A simple bot that uses selenium to farm Microsoft Rewards written in Python
- FlareSolverr/FlareSolverr (Python): Proxy server to bypass Cloudflare protection
- reflex-dev/reflex (Python): 🕸 Web apps in pure Python 🐍
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
- iam-veeramalla/Jenkins-Zero-To-Hero (Python): Install Jenkins, configure Docker as slave, set up cicd, deploy applications to k8s using Argo CD in GitOps way.
- voicepaw/so-vits-svc-fork (Python): so-vits-svc fork with realtime support, improved interface and more features.
- ModelTC/lightllm (Python): LightLLM is a Python-based LLM (Large Language Model) inference and serving framework, notable for its lightweight design, easy scalability, and high-speed performance.
- litestar-org/litestar (Python): Light, Flexible and Extensible ASGI API framework | Effortlessly Build Performant APIs
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄