Hey there, newsletter fam! 👋🏼 It's that time of the week again where we bring you the juiciest tech news and mind-blowing insights. So grab your favorite beverage, sit back, and get ready for a wild ride through the latest tech wonders and exciting discoveries! 🚀
First up, we've got something special for all you Python lovers out there! 🐍 Are you ready to master the art of web scraping? Well, look no further because we've got an incredible step-by-step guide that'll have you scraping like a pro in no time! Check out this Scraping Using Python in Step by step approach guide and become a web data ninja!
Next, we're delving into the secret world of macros and their hidden power in code efficiency. 💪🏽 Brace yourselves for some mind-blowing insights into how a few lines of code can make your life as a developer so much easier. Discover the true potential of macros in our fascinating article, Macros: The Hidden Power of Code Efficiency. You definitely don't want to miss this one!
Now, get ready to explore the vast universe of LLM evaluation platforms. 🌍 Our latest find, OpenCompass, is a game-changer in the field, supporting a wide range of models like LLaMA, LLaMa2, ChatGLM2, ChatGPT, Claude, and more! With over 50+ datasets at its disposal, OpenCompass is the ultimate tool for all your evaluation needs. Learn more about this revolutionary platform here!
But that's not all! We've got another exciting launch to share with you today. Say hello to ZLY, a simple and open-source URL shortener that's about to make your life a whole lot easier! ✂️ With ZLY, you can now convert those long, messy URLs into sleek and memorable short links in no time. Intrigued? Discover the wonders of ZLY right here and never worry about sharing lengthy URLs again!
Last but certainly not least, calling all data enthusiasts! We've got something special lined up just for you. This week, we're diving deep into the world of LLaMA models and offering you an exclusive chance to explore and experiment with their inference code. Check out the incredible possibilities and get your hands dirty with the Inference code for LLaMA models. It's time to unlock the secrets hidden within the data!
And there you have it, folks! A preview of the excitement that awaits you in this week's newsletter. We hope you're as thrilled as we are, and don't forget to click those captivating links to embark on a thrilling journey through the world of tech wonders! Stay curious, stay passionate, and keep exploring. 🌟
Our Article Picks
- Karishma Shukla: A Practical Guide to Metaprogramming in Python
- Scofield Idehen: Advanced Python Tips for Development
- Morganna: Por que usar Python em seu projeto RPA?
- Gabriel L. Manor: Python Authorization Anti-Patterns and How to Avoid Them
- Daniele Falchetti: Track your expenses with Splitwired
- Saurabh Rai: Creating a Game-Changer in Job Search: An Open Source ATS Resume Matcher
- Nomadev💻🔱: Top 7 AI Open Source Projects to Contribute to in 2023 ⭐
- Kelechi Kizito Ugwu: Python tutorial for creating a coin-flip simulation
- Scofield Idehen: Scraping Using Python in Step by step approach
- Baransel: Solving hCaptcha with Puppeteer and Python
- Scofield Idehen: Mastering Django Templates: A Guide to Advanced Features and Best Practices
- Morganna: Como iniciar meus estudos em Python
- Ebuka-Ukatu: Building Smart Contracts for Django Applications
- Marcel Schmitt: Mastering Sequence Filtering in Python: Comprehensive Guide to Effective Filtering Techniques
- const Mel | studytech: Python Orientado a Objetos 1
- Saurabh Rai: Understanding Lists in Python: An In-Depth Overview
- Abby: Credit Card Fraud Detection With Autoencoders
- AtulKushwaha: Most intuitive blog on OOP
- Dusty Kaisler: How to Scrape Data From Zillow?
- Matin Mollapur: 10 Useful Python Programming Tips!
- Maxi Contieri ⭐⭐⭐: Code Smell 218 - Magic Concatenation
- Mario Python Plumber: Introducing ZLY: A Simple and Open-Source URL Shortener
- Chidozie C. Okafor: Macros: The Hidden Power of Code Efficiency
- LEANDRO: Getting Started with Object Detection in Python 3
- Max: Python Beginner Courses: Top 10 Best Online Python Courses for Aspiring Developers
- Hakase: Contributing to mqtt-recorder project
- Justin Verthein: 15 Advanced Python Tips for Development
- LEANDRO: MicroPython for Raspberry Pi Pico: Unleashing the Power of Python in the Embedded World
- Md. Fahim Bin Amin: How To Convert Multiple Images Into A Single PDF File Using 4 Lines of Python Code
- Drew Womble: Using Stripe to Implement Payment handling on a website
- jiisanda: How does python-dotenv simplify Configuration Management?
- Sospeter Mongare: Creating a Countries API in Django with MySQL Database
- Madhav Jha: Resume Parsing: Insights and Steps to Create Your Own Parser
- MRayan Asim: 50+ Python Projects with source code: From beginner to advance
- UponTheSky: [Python] A Journey to Python Async - 4. Native Coroutines
- Samuell Morgesntern de Souza: RPG Game - Python
- megharrison92: Creating games in Python with Pygame: A Brief Introduction
- Andrés Alejos: Calling 'import' in Python Does More Than You Think
- PJ Hoberman: LaunchDarkly across multiple celery tasks
- Jawdat Tayfour: Django Dev Journey #2
- Monica Miller: Monica vs the Machine - Women's 2023 World Cup Analysis
- vidvatek: Python for Beginners: Getting Started with Python
- Alexander Predl: Python Flask REST API Generator...
- Julio Oliveira: Why use Enums instead simple primitive types
- lanesummer: Movie Recommendation Software Using Python
- Seth Bang: Bulk Object Detection and Cropping with DETR
- Kibet Amos: What Is Django
- Tamal Barman: Running a Random Forest Using Python
- Steve Bedard: First python program
- Hyemiie: A Beginners guide to building Applications in Flask.
- Sachin: How to Connect PostgreSQL with Python Using psycopg2
- Sadu Awwal: Automate WhatsApp Messaging with Python using PyWhatKit
- Łukasz Żmudziński: Geohistograms in Python
- Abdulmumin yaqeen: How to use TailwindCSS in any Python project
- Chris White: Python Networking: TCP and UDP
- Sayandeep Majumdar: Pandas: A Powerful Data Analysis Package in Python
- Adefemi Adeyanju: PANDAS VS POLARS: THE PYTHON DATA MANIPULATION WAR.
- Camila John: Salesforce for Outlook vs Outlook integration
- Shahid.Haider: Retrieving Azure Data Lake Gen2 Folder Sizes and Sending Email Reports
- Joan Awinja Ingari: Uncle Bob's solid principles
Our Repo Picks
- facebookresearch/llama (Python): Inference code for LLaMA models
- Dao-AILab/flash-attention (Python): Fast and memory-efficient exact attention
- minimaxir/simpleaichat (Python): Python package for easily interfacing with chat apps, with robust features and minimal code complexity.
- guillaumekln/faster-whisper (Python): Faster Whisper transcription with CTranslate2
- danswer-ai/danswer (Python): Ask Questions in natural language and get Answers backed by private sources. Connects to tools like Slack, GitHub, Confluence, etc.
- geekan/MetaGPT (Python): 🌟 The Multi-Agent Meta Programming Framework: Given one line Requirement, return PRD, Design, Tasks, Repo
- h2oai/h2ogpt (Python): Private Q&A and summarization of documents+images or chat with local GPT, 100% private, Apache 2.0. Supports LLaMa2, llama.cpp, and more. Demo: https://gpt.h2o.ai/
- comfyanonymous/ComfyUI (Python): A powerful and modular stable diffusion GUI with a graph/nodes interface.
- assafelovic/gpt-researcher (Python): GPT based autonomous agent that does online comprehensive research on any given topic
- dsdanielpark/Bard-API (Python): The unofficial python package that returns response of Google Bard through cookie value.
- Codium-ai/pr-agent (Python): 🚀CodiumAI PR-Agent: An AI-Powered 🤖 Tool for Automated Pull Request Analysis, Feedback, Suggestions and More! 💻🔍
- databricks-academy/large-language-models (Python): Notebooks for Large Language Models (LLMs) Specialization
- microsoft/unilm (Python): Large-scale Self-supervised Pre-training Across Tasks, Languages, and Modalities
- InternLM/opencompass (Python): OpenCompass is an LLM evaluation platform, supporting a wide range of models (LLaMA, LLaMa2, ChatGLM2, ChatGPT, Claude, etc) over 50+ datasets.
- deepset-ai/haystack (Python): 🔍 Haystack is an open source NLP framework to interact with your data using Transformer models and LLMs (GPT-4, Falcon and alike). Haystack offers production-ready tools to quickly build complex question answering, semantic search, text generation applications, and more.
- mingrammer/diagrams (Python): 🎨 Diagram as Code for prototyping cloud system architectures
- guoyww/AnimateDiff (Python): Official implementation of AnimateDiff.
- UX-Decoder/Semantic-SAM (Python): Official implementation of the paper "Semantic-SAM: Segment and Recognize Anything at Any Granularity"
- MakiNaruto/Automatic_ticket_purchase (Python): 大麦网抢票脚本
- mlc-ai/mlc-llm (Python): Enable everyone to develop, optimize and deploy AI models natively on everyone's devices.
- sweepai/sweep (Python): Sweep is an AI junior developer
- threestudio-project/threestudio (Python): A unified framework for 3D content generation.
- keras-team/keras-core (Python): A multi-backend implementation of the Keras API, with support for TensorFlow, JAX, and PyTorch.
- blakeblackshear/frigate (Python): NVR with realtime local object detection for IP cameras
- oobabooga/text-generation-webui (Python): A gradio web UI for running Large Language Models like LLaMA, llama.cpp, GPT-J, Pythia, OPT, and GALACTICA.
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄