TLWI Python #38
Hey everyone, it's time for this week's exciting newsletter! We have a great set of resources lined up for you, so let's dive in and see what we have in store.
First up, we have the Standard and Advanced Demos available for learn.cantrill.io courses. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced learner, these demos will help you get the most out of your learnings. So go ahead and check them out!
If you're looking for some interesting, entry-level projects to work on, we've got you covered. Check out this GitHub repository where you can find some amazing open-source projects to work on. Get started today and show off your coding skills to the world!
For our deep learning enthusiasts, we have a PyTorch tutorial that you're going to love. This tutorial is specifically designed for researchers who want to learn more about PyTorch and its applications in the field of deep learning. Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity!
If you're interested in making some Pythonic GUIs, then this Tkinter tutorial is for you. Learn how to create user-friendly graphical interfaces that will make your applications stand out from the crowd. With Tkinter, the possibilities are endless!
Lastly, we have something for our OCR lovers out there. Check out this amazing OCR software that can convert images to text with incredible accuracy. This software is completely offline, supports multiple languages, and has some amazing features like the ability to extract clean text and exclude watermark areas. Don't miss out on this one!
That's it for this week's newsletter, folks. We hope you found these resources useful and are excited to try them out for yourself. Have a great week ahead and happy learning!
Our Article Picks
- Tracy Chou 👩🏻💻: Build your own profile photo sticker/frame tool
- Rajesh Joshi: What is @try 🤯 before this function in Python?
- Sonny Li: Monthly Twitter Challenge #1: Palindrome 🔤
- topjer: I saved money, time (and the environment) with Python
- Hunter Johnson: Dynamic Programming Tutorial: making efficient programs in Python
- Ben Selby: Debugging Python with a virtual environment in VSCode
- Samina Rahman Purba: ✨Write clean Python code using pylint and black ✨🐍
- Mohamed Adel: Twitter Replying Bot that generates color grids
- SeongKuk Han: Python Flask: Interacting with Docker Containers
- Sahil: Quick Guide to Object-Oriented Programming With Python
- Mahmoud EL-kariouny: Python Keywords🐍🔑
- Kuldeep Singh: Python program to get factorial of n number
- Hana Belay: Start a Production-Ready Dockerized Django Project
- Britny: Python for Data Analysts: Accessing Data in Excel
- paulsaul621: PayPal Implementation in Django Rest Framework.
- S.HARIHARA SUDHAN: Reinforcement Learning-Why And What
- Tonya Sims: How to Transcribe Only What You Need with Python: Listening Before Connected
- Bas codes: This Week In Python
- gyudoza: How to Divide router by Datatype in Path parameter. (FastAPI endpoint Advanced tip.)
- Rizmy Abdulla: Useful Minor Python Projects. Easy to Understand :)
- Owen Singh: Keep Your MacBook Battery Healthy and Extend Its Life using Python
- Forhad Ahmed Khan: Automatically Add Logged In User Under 'created_by' and 'updated_by' to Model in Django Rest Framework
- Berezhnev Vladimir: Do we need a "Rust Standard"?
- Alex: JSON, Search and Pydantic for Data Serialization with Redis Cloud
- Adeyemo Victor: The best programming language in 2022
- hub: methods: Is it possible to connect vscode (on a local machine) with Google Colab (the free service) runtime?
- RK: Python For Beginner Series | Day 03
- Antoine CHEVALIER: A Beginner guide to structuring your Python Projects
- RK: Python for beginner series | Day-04
- Diyor152003: C++ 1-Dars
- Dmitriy Zub ☀️: Async Requests with SerpApi and Python
- EzeanaMichael: Data structures and algorithms with python: Linear Data structures.
- Sahil: Delete Files & Directories Using Python
- Tarun: Is it still relevant to use OOPs in 2022?
- Prayson Wilfred Daniel: Unpack Like A Pythonista
- Rakesh KR: In One Minute : Pandas
- netmark1: NETMARK
- Manasi Deshmukh: Hey there!
- csmbet: python code to connect a website csmbet (linking)
- RK: Python for beginner series | Day-01
- Osazuwa Agbonze: DDL on SQLAlchemy Core API
- SwiftGlitxh: Can you see me??
- Simon Green: Weekly Challenge 188
- HarshPrateek559: Make Pythonic GUI with Tkinter: Tkinter tutorial
- Taylor Higgins: My journey creating a map-based webapp with django, leaflet/folium, docker and heroku
- RK: Python For Beginner Series| Day-02
- Bernice Waweru: Spiral Matrix
- Alim Mohammad: Read Constraints the Right Way
- Bernice Waweru: Product of Array Except Self
- Tim Gilboy: Chatting with Sebastian Witowski - Part I: Code Standards, Tooling, and Working in Teams
- bhadresh savani: Tutorial1: Getting Started with Pyspark
- Daniel Nogueira: Exibindo a porção inteira de um valor em Python
- Daniel Nogueira: Cálculo do seno, cosseno e tangente em Python
- Ryan: Python Web Applications in 80 Seconds
- Saul Burgos Davila: Data engineer: Practica con dagster + airbyte + dbt + snowflake + docker
- HAP: Python Throws a Bone to Other Developers
- Tom Jebbo: Pycraft progress report!
- salem ododa: Writing Custom Log Handlers In Python
- RK: Python for beginner series | Day-05
- Aswin Vijayakumar: Improving Accuracy Through Age Drifting Scenarios of Faces
Our Repo Picks
- Sanster/lama-cleaner (Python): Image inpainting tool powered by SOTA AI Model. Remove any unwanted object, defect, people from your pictures or erase and replace(powered by stable diffusion) any thing on your pictures.
- facebookresearch/encodec (Python): State-of-the-art deep learning based audio codec supporting both mono 24 kHz audio and stereo 48 kHz audio.
- TheLastBen/fast-stable-diffusion (Python): fast-stable-diffusion, +25-50% speed increase + memory efficient + DreamBooth
- commaai/openpilot (Python): openpilot is an open source driver assistance system. openpilot performs the functions of Automated Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise Control for over 200 supported car makes and models.
- facebookresearch/esm (Python): Evolutionary Scale Modeling (esm): Pretrained language models for proteins
- geohot/tinygrad (Python): You like pytorch? You like micrograd? You love tinygrad! ❤️
- acantril/learn-cantrill-io-labs (Python): Standard and Advanced Demos for learn.cantrill.io courses
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleHub (Python): Awesome pre-trained models toolkit based on PaddlePaddle. (400+ models including Image, Text, Audio, Video and Cross-Modal with Easy Inference & Serving)
- keras-team/keras (Python): Deep Learning for humans
- dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher (Python): Experience macOS just like before
- yunjey/pytorch-tutorial (Python): PyTorch Tutorial for Deep Learning Researchers
- spotDL/spotify-downloader (Python): Download your Spotify playlists and songs along with album art and metadata (from YouTube if a match is found).
- pydantic/pydantic (Python): Data parsing and validation using Python type hints
- hiroi-sora/Umi-OCR (Python): OCR 图片转文字识别软件，完全离线。截屏/批量导入图片，支持多国语言、合并段落、竖排文字。可排除水印区域，提取干净的文本。基于 PaddleOCR 。
- WZMIAOMIAO/deep-learning-for-image-processing (Python): deep learning for image processing including classification and object-detection etc.
- open-mmlab/mmdetection (Python): OpenMMLab Detection Toolbox and Benchmark
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleNLP (Python): 👑 Easy-to-use and powerful NLP library with 🤗 Awesome model zoo, supporting wide-range of NLP tasks from research to industrial applications, including 🗂Text Classification, 🔍 Neural Search, ❓ Question Answering, ℹ️ Information Extraction, 📄 Document Intelligence, 💌 Sentiment Analysis and 🖼 Diffusion AICG system etc.
- coqui-ai/TTS (Python): 🐸💬 - a deep learning toolkit for Text-to-Speech, battle-tested in research and production
- 521xueweihan/HelloGitHub (Python): 分享 GitHub 上有趣、入门级的开源项目。Share interesting, entry-level open source projects on GitHub.
- marqo-ai/marqo (Python): Tensor search for humans.
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleSeg (Python): Easy-to-use image segmentation library with awesome pre-trained model zoo, supporting wide-range of practical tasks in Semantic Segmentation, Interactive Segmentation, Panoptic Segmentation, Image Matting, 3D Segmentation, etc.
- NVIDIA/DeepLearningExamples (Python): Deep Learning Examples
- open-mmlab/mmdeploy (Python): OpenMMLab Model Deployment Framework
- grafana/oncall (Python): Developer-friendly incident response with brilliant Slack integration
- ultralytics/yolov5 (Python): YOLOv5 🚀 in PyTorch > ONNX > CoreML > TFLite
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄