TLWI Python #37
Hello, lovely readers! Welcome back to our weekly newsletter, where we bring you some interesting tech updates and learnings. This week, we have a variety of links to share with you. So, buckle up and let's get started!
First up, do you know how to create a Python Lambda layer? Well, if not, no worries! Here's a great tutorial that will help you in creating an effective Python Lambda layer. Lambda layers are super useful when you're working with multiple AWS Lambda functions with the same dependencies.
Next, we all love free things, right? And, what if we tell you there's a way to get free airport Wi-Fi and VPN access? Yes, you read it right! This link explains how you can automatically get free access to different VPN networks like clash/v2ray/trojan/sr/ssr, which will keep you secure and help get around geo-blocked content.
If you're someone who enjoys data analysis, you'll love the next link. This SerpApi demo project showcases an exploratory data analysis of Walmart Coffee. This project dives deep into various aspects of Walmart coffee products, like price, ratings, and reviews.
Are you a fan of rock-paper-scissors? Well, we have something more exciting for you! This link shows how a digital version of rock-paper-scissors can be played, which is so much cooler than the traditional hand game. We absolutely loved it, and we're sure you will too!
And, last but not least, for all the programmers out there, check out this simple but fun programming project - TicTacToe game using Python. You can get hands-on experience of Python programming while having fun playing a game!
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoyed reading it and found these links to be useful. See you next week with more exciting tech updates!
Updates From The Python Blog
Our Article Picks
- Alex Tread: 99% of Python Programmers don't know this feature
- Miracle Olabode ®️💭: Jenkins: Creating a Pipeline for Python projects
- Gilbert Young Jr: How to create a Python Lambda Layer?
- Maxi Contieri: Code Smell 172 - Default Argument Values Not Last
- Kavin Bharathi: Genetic Algorithm in action!
- Debjoty Mitra: Pandas - Data Manipulation and Analysis
- Vadim Kolobanov: Basic data types in Python 3. Examples of working with collections for beginners
- Sahil: Organize Any Files and Folders Using Python
- Joey Lim: Are the numbers we generate truly random?
- Harinder Seera 🇭🇲: AWS Lambda Price Extractor - Python Utility
- paulsaul621: Create a Custom Template Tag for Currency Conversion in Django
- Britny: Python for Data Analysts: Getting Started
- aschenbecherwespe: Reduct Storage Python Client Release v1.0.0
- Samina Rahman Purba: Copying a Feature from Docusaurus 🦖 For My Static Site Generator - rwar 🦁
- Burak Kantarcı: pypa has started to monitor workflows and tests
- Rakesh KR: In One Minute : Django
- Oscar Ortiz: Three Books To Evolve Into A Superior Programmer
- Leonardo Fiedler: Usando Conditional Else em Loops em Python
- pyrocket: The future of python community
- Dmitriy Zub ☀️: SerpApi Demo Project: Walmart Coffee Exploratory Data Analysis
- eric-capeprivacy: Leader election in the enclave
- saurav sharma: Build Blazing Fast REST Api using Django + Elasticsearch + Haystack
- pyrocket: In the future people don't wanna play rock paper scissors with hands we are there with a digital rock paper scissors
- msaghu: AWS Projects-IAM : Creating Users and Groups
- Anuoluwapo Balogun: Scraping Linkedin Data with Proxycurl, Python Program, and Nodejs
- Akash Pattnaik: Python 3.11.0 is here to replace 3.10.x
- Bas codes: This Week In Python
- James Wachuka: Airflow : create your first airflow DAG using tweepy
- Simon Green: Magical Days Together with Triplets
- riju_bro: Don't be over-creative
- Sofia Carter: Python Frameworks For App Development – Which One Is Right For Your Project?
- Lakshyaraj Dash: TicTacToe game using python
- ChunTing Wu: Playing PyFlink in a Nutshell
- Artur Chukhrai: Scrape Google Play Games with Python
- Rodrigo Medina: Pyenv and Virtualenvs Quick-start
- Mohamed Adel: Twitter Bot that is generating unique color grids
- Braeden Richards: Forest Defender Devlog 1: Development Setup
- Lewis Lloyd: 1. Two Sum
- Hunter Johnson: How to contribute to an open-source Python project
- Kyle Hanson: Announcing Puff - A hybrid Rust/Python Framework to build Apps for the Cloud
- Vincent A. Cicirello: How to Patch the Deprecated set-output in GitHub Workflows and in Container Actions
- Honeybadger Staff: Automating Django Tests with Github Actions
- luthfisauqi17: Simple Prediction Implementation Using Tensorflow
- sngvfx: Simple Password Generator
- Durgesh kumar prajapati: Today's LeatCode Solution
- Elliot Brenya sarfo: Have you heard of coconut 🥥 ? The programming language 😬
- Victor Maina: Data Visualization with VScode, Jupyter Notebooks and Python.
- Artur Chukhrai: Scrape Google Play Apps with Python
- ColeDrain: Search Videos/Audios Easily
- Alvaro Valarezo de la Fuente: Deploy a ML model using Google Cloud Run, Github Actions and Terraform
- neilc123: What have you automated using Python?
- Ozookevin: Media Effect on BLM: A Sentiment Analysis on News Media Outlets’ Reaffirming Narratives
- Elliot Brenya sarfo: Python 3.11 is Here! What is new?
- SalahElhossiny: Remove Letter To Equalize Frequency
- Lucy Linder: 7 Python 3.11 new features 🤩
- Jyndrek: The Forsaken
- HazelDavidson: Get Professional Assistance with Urgent Programming Assignment Help
- Yaroslav Polyakov: evalidate: secure eval() for python
- Yaroslav Polyakov: ws-emit: easy websocket microservice
Our Repo Picks
- Textualize/textual (Python): Textual is a TUI (Text User Interface) framework for Python inspired by modern web development.
- TheLastBen/fast-stable-diffusion (Python): fast-stable-diffusion, +25-50% speed increase + memory efficient + DreamBooth
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleNLP (Python): 👑 Easy-to-use and powerful NLP library with 🤗 Awesome model zoo, supporting wide-range of NLP tasks from research to industrial applications, including 🗂Text Classification, 🔍 Neural Search, ❓ Question Answering, ℹ️ Information Extraction, 📄 Document Intelligence, 💌 Sentiment Analysis and 🖼 Diffusion AICG system etc.
- bregman-arie/devops-exercises (Python): Linux, Jenkins, AWS, SRE, Prometheus, Docker, Python, Ansible, Git, Kubernetes, Terraform, OpenStack, SQL, NoSQL, Azure, GCP, DNS, Elastic, Network, Virtualization. DevOps Interview Questions
- dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher (Python): Experience macOS just like before
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleOCR (Python): Awesome multilingual OCR toolkits based on PaddlePaddle (practical ultra lightweight OCR system, support 80+ languages recognition, provide data annotation and synthesis tools, support training and deployment among server, mobile, embedded and IoT devices)
- babysor/MockingBird (Python): 🚀AI 拟声: 5 秒内克隆您的声音并生成任意语音内容 Clone a voice in 5 seconds to generate arbitrary speech in real-time
- python/cpython (Python): The Python programming language
- SamirPaul1/DSAlgo (Python): 📚A repository that contains all the Data Structures and Algorithms concepts and solutions to various problems in Python3 stored in a structured manner.👨💻🎯
- gto76/python-cheatsheet (Python): Comprehensive Python Cheatsheet
- nerfstudio-project/nerfstudio (Python): A collaboration friendly studio for NeRFs
- programthink/zhao (Python): 【编程随想】整理的《太子党关系网络》，专门揭露赵国的权贵
- mlflow/mlflow (Python): Open source platform for the machine learning lifecycle
- facebookresearch/fairseq (Python): Facebook AI Research Sequence-to-Sequence Toolkit written in Python.
- 521xueweihan/HelloGitHub (Python): 分享 GitHub 上有趣、入门级的开源项目。Share interesting, entry-level open source projects on GitHub.
- Textualize/rich (Python): Rich is a Python library for rich text and beautiful formatting in the terminal.
- geerlingguy/ansible-for-devops (Python): Ansible for DevOps examples.
- TomSchimansky/CustomTkinter (Python): A modern and customizable python UI-library based on Tkinter
- 521xueweihan/GitHub520 (Python): 😘 让你“爱”上 GitHub，解决访问时图裂、加载慢的问题。（无需安装）
- ticarpi/jwt_tool (Python): 🐍 A toolkit for testing, tweaking and cracking JSON Web Tokens
- ermaozi/get_subscribe (Python): ✈️ 免费机场 / 免费 VPN -> 自动获取免 clash/v2ray/trojan/sr/ssr 订阅链接，间隔 12 小时持续更新 | 科学上网 | 翻墙
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
- RsaCtfTool/RsaCtfTool (Python): RSA attack tool (mainly for ctf) - retreive private key from weak public key and/or uncipher data
- Newbeeer/Poisson_flow (Python): Code for NeurIPS 2022 Paper, "Poisson Flow Generative Models"
- corpnewt/gibMacOS (Python): Py2/py3 script that can download macOS components direct from Apple
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄