TLWI Python #30
Hey there, fellow tech enthusiasts!
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter. We hope you're having a great week so far and are excited to bring you some interesting reads to liven up your day.
First up is a must-read for all Python developers out there - How to Count max concurrency of a word in given list of sentences. If you're looking to up your Python skills, this article will give you a great insight into concurrency and how to count it. Trust us, this might just be the hack you've been looking for.
Next, we've got a quick, easy-to-follow guide on How to correctly close files in Python. We all know how important it is to have clean, efficient code that doesn't slow down your system. So, if you're a beginner or even an experienced Pythonista, give this article a read and brush up on some essential file handling techniques.
If you're a fan of automation and short scripts that help make your workflow smoother, check out Another Simple Python File Renaming Script. This one's a real lifesaver when you need to process lots of files quickly and efficiently - and who doesn't love a good time-saver?
Moving on, we've got a fascinating article about My approach building a serverless application that notifies me of gasoline prices. If you're interested in cloud computing and serverless architecture, this one's for you. Get an insight into building an application that keeps you informed about gasoline prices - great for road trippers or car enthusiasts.
Last but not least, we have an important piece about Google Analytics - Goodbye, Google Analytics - Why and How You Should Leave The Platform. As privacy concerns become more prominent, it's important to stay informed and aware of where your data is being collected and used. This article presents a thorough breakdown of the reasons why you should consider saying goodbye to Google Analytics, and also offers some great alternatives to consider.
That's all for now, folks! We hope you found something valuable in this week's newsletter. As always, feel free to drop us a line with any comments or suggestions. Until next time!
Hot Python Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Mahmoud Harmouch: The Best VS Code Extensions For Python Developers In 2022.
- Mahmoud Harmouch: Textual: The Definitive Guide - Part 3.
- Martin Heinz: Goodbye, Google Analytics - Why and How You Should Leave The Platform
- josephmads: (Another) Simple Python File Renaming Script
- Suresh Kumar: 5 different ways to use an else block in python
- Isabelle M.: How to correctly close files in Python
- Suresh Kumar: Python decorator to measure execution time
- Suresh Kumar: Memoization decorator in python
- Suresh Kumar: Python Decorators 201
- José David Ureña Torres: Python type checking with Visual Studio Code
- Suresh Kumar: Python Decorators 101
- Suresh Kumar: Class based decorators in python
- Jose Hidalgo: My approach building a serverless application that notifies me of gasoline prices
- Nditah: Develop a Simple Python FastAPI ToDo App in 1 minute
- InterSystems Developer: Let's fight against the machines!
- HaseebGarfinkel: Beginner Python Game: Connect Four
- Nditah: Develop a Simple Python Django ToDo App in 1 minute
- AlixaProDev: Web Scrapping with Python
- hrishikesh1990: How to sort dictionary by value in Python?
- Shrikant Dhayje: Creating an Website or Webapp in Django Web Framework
- Suresh Kumar: Python decorators with parameters
- Nivethan: A Mail Command in Python - 01 A Command Line App
- hrishikesh1990: How to block a comment in Python?
- daud99: Understanding/Exploring dataset (Part 1)
- Jason Cruz: First time writing Python with sub-directories?
- Digamber Jha: How to add Rich Text Editor Field in Django?
- Ada Cheng: Write custom component for Home Assistant
- hrishikesh1990: How to use Open() in Python?
- David Mezzetti: Query translation
- KEVIN KIPKEMOI: PYTHON SELF-STUDY FOR BEGINNERS
- AlixaProDev: How does glob work in Python?
- Hunter Johnson: Web scraping with Python: A quick guide
- hrishikesh1990: How does return() in Python work?
- wjiuhe: Google T5 Translation as a Service with Just 7 lines of Codes
- Nditah: Develop a Simple Python Flask ToDo App in 1 minute
- Joshua Hassan: Making a fancy number guessing game
- PREM SAGAR KUSHWAHA: Adding More than one User in flask_login in Python flask.
- Takahiro Ikeuchi: How to get started DDD & Onion-Architecture in Python web application
- franklinobasy: Numpy For Engineers, Scientists and Data Analysts
- Ahmed Gouda: Getting Started with Python
- Umukoro Emmanuel: BIG O NOTATION IN DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHM
- moonl1ght01: Python: Installation
- Md Abdul Hasib: FAANG Interview Question| Longest Valid Parentheses
- Hansana Ranaweera: Automate Facebook APIs with Python ( Publish a Post on Facebook using Python )
- Danglewood: v1.0, meet, v1.1.0
- Shivam Pawar: How do I rename multiple files at once using Python
- Hunter Johnson: Why learn Python? 5 advantages and disadvantages
- Eric The Coder: Python : Crash Course
- Abdulla Ansari: How to Count max concurrency of a word in given list of sentences
- Sergey: Daily standups while seeking for a job
- Wesley Cheek: Deploy an API fronted Lambda function using AWS CDK
- Olumide: What is setup.py?
- Matt Eland: Installing Anaconda for Python Development
- Stephen Sadowski: Honeycomb, Python, and I: an OpenTelemetry Horror Story (With a Happy Ending)
- Ahmed Gouda: Python Lists
- Sharon Fitzpatrick: The Secrets of Python's Glob
- codemee: 你的參數預設值不是你想的預設值
- Amit Jotwani: How to deploy a Flask app to Digital Ocean's app platform
- Siddhesh Agarwal: Packaging and Publishing on PyPI
- ac3kill3r: Journey of becoming Full Stack Web Developer
Our Repo Picks
- httpie/httpie (Python): As easy as /aitch-tee-tee-pie/ 🥧 Modern, user-friendly command-line HTTP client for the API era. JSON support, colors, sessions, downloads, plugins & more. https://twitter.com/httpie
- lucidrains/DALLE2-pytorch (Python): Implementation of DALL-E 2, OpenAI's updated text-to-image synthesis neural network, in Pytorch
- fighting41love/funNLP (Python): 中英文敏感词、语言检测、中外手机/电话归属地/运营商查询、名字推断性别、手机号抽取、身份证抽取、邮箱抽取、中日文人名库、中文缩写库、拆字词典、词汇情感值、停用词、反动词表、暴恐词表、繁简体转换、英文模拟中文发音、汪峰歌词生成器、职业名称词库、同义词库、反义词库、否定词库、汽车品牌词库、汽车零件词库、连续英文切割、各种中文词向量、公司名字大全、古诗词库、IT 词库、财经词库、成语词库、地名词库、历史名人词库、诗词词库、医学词库、饮食词库、法律词库、汽车词库、动物词库、中文聊天语料、中文谣言数据、百度中文问答数据集、句子相似度匹配算法集合、bert 资源、文本生成&摘要相关工具、cocoNLP 信息抽取工具、国内电话号码正则匹配、清华大学 XLORE:中英文跨语言百科知识图谱、清华大学人工智能技术…
- pytube/pytube (Python): A lightweight, dependency-free Python library (and command-line utility) for downloading YouTube Videos.
- donnemartin/system-design-primer (Python): Learn how to design large-scale systems. Prep for the system design interview. Includes Anki flashcards.
- ytdl-org/youtube-dl (Python): Command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and other video sites
- commaai/openpilot (Python): openpilot is an open source driver assistance system. openpilot performs the functions of Automated Lane Centering and Adaptive Cruise Control for over 150 supported car makes and models.
- sympy/sympy (Python): A computer algebra system written in pure Python
- openai/DALL-E (Python): PyTorch package for the discrete VAE used for DALL·E.
- localstack/localstack (Python): 💻 A fully functional local AWS cloud stack. Develop and test your cloud & Serverless apps offline!
- Sjj1024/QiangCai (Python): 上海疫情被封在家，开始抢菜之路，美团抢菜，叮咚抢菜，抢菜
- Chia-Network/chia-blockchain (Python): Chia blockchain python implementation (full node, farmer, harvester, timelord, and wallet)
- searxng/searxng (Python): SearXNG is a free internet metasearch engine which aggregates results from various search services and databases. Users are neither tracked nor profiled.
- yt-dlp/yt-dlp (Python): A youtube-dl fork with additional features and fixes
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleOCR (Python): Awesome multilingual OCR toolkits based on PaddlePaddle (practical ultra lightweight OCR system, support 80+ languages recognition, provide data annotation and synthesis tools, support training and deployment among server, mobile, embedded and IoT devices)
- py-pdf/PyPDF2 (Python): A pure-python PDF library capable of splitting, merging, cropping, and transforming the pages of PDF files
- CorentinJ/Real-Time-Voice-Cloning (Python): Clone a voice in 5 seconds to generate arbitrary speech in real-time
- mvt-project/mvt (Python): MVT (Mobile Verification Toolkit) helps with conducting forensics of mobile devices in order to find signs of a potential compromise.
- ultralytics/yolov5 (Python): YOLOv5 🚀 in PyTorch > ONNX > CoreML > TFLite
- sherlock-project/sherlock (Python): 🔎 Hunt down social media accounts by username across social networks
- rajkumardusad/Tool-X (Python): Tool-X is a kali linux hacking Tool installer. Tool-X developed for termux and other Linux based systems. using Tool-X you can install almost 370+ hacking tools in termux app and other linux based distributions.
- PaddlePaddle/PaddleDetection (Python): Object Detection toolkit based on PaddlePaddle. It supports object detection, instance segmentation, multiple object tracking and real-time multi-person keypoint detection.
- TechXueXi/TechXueXi (Python): 强国通 科技强国 学习强国 xuexiqiangguo 全网最好用开源网页学习强国助手：TechXueXi （懒人刷分工具 自动学习）技术强国，支持答题，支持 docker 45 分/天
- borisdayma/dalle-mini (Python): DALL·E Mini - Generate images from a text prompt
- cider-security-research/cicd-goat (Python): A deliberately vulnerable CI/CD environment. Learn CI/CD security through multiple challenges.
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄