TLWI Python #3
Welcome back to this week's newsletter! With the weekend fast approaching, it's time to catch up on some of the latest tech trends that have been making waves. This week, we're sharing some exciting links that you won't want to miss out on!
First up, learn how to automate WhatsApp messages. Whether you're sending reminders to your clients or greeting a friend on their birthday, automating your messages is a great way to save time and streamline your communication. With this tutorial, you'll be up and running in no time!
Next, get ready to dive into the world of image processing with Python Pillow! Getting started with Python Pillow may seem intimidating at first, but you'll soon discover that it's easier than you thought. This informative tutorial will show you the ropes and help you master the art of picture editing.
For all the data scientists out there, the fundamental package for scientific computing with Python is a must-read. This powerful tool allows you to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data with ease. Not only that, but it comes with a range of built-in modules, including linear algebra, Fourier transforms and more.
When it comes to scaling up your apps or processing large amounts of data, why not multiprocessing? Multithreading can be slow and cumbersome, but multiprocessing is a game changer. This tutorial explains how you can take advantage of the power of multiple processors by using Python to automate your tasks.
Finally, if you're concerned about your online privacy, you'll want to check out set up a personal VPN in the cloud. With a VPN, you can browse the internet freely and anonymously. This tutorial will walk you through the entire process and show you how to set up a VPN on your own private cloud.
That's all for this week's newsletter. Thanks for tuning in, and we'll see you next time!
Hot Python Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- vibalijoshi: How to Automate WhatsApp Messages
- Sijey: Web Scraping with BeautifulSoup Rest API.
- Sm0ke: Free Django Dashboard - MaterialPRO Lite
- Bernd Wechner: Publishing a Python Package: What I Wish the Maze of Tutorials Covered
- Snehal Adbol: Introduction to Machine Learning
- Joseph Mania: Why Django For Backend Than PHP(Laravel)
- Lord_Sarcastic: What's that *args stuff in Python?
- Monika Ambrozowicz: Forest Admin: Django Admin Alternative
- Mwenda Harun Mbaabu: Payment Applications 101: What are Payment Applications?
- Saharsh Laud: Image Processing is Easier than you Thought! (Getting started with Python Pillow)
- Mage: Product developers’ guide to customize data for AI — Part 2: Join & merge dataframes
- idoazzz: Python's Type Annotations: The Best Of Both Types Worlds
- ‘Abdelraḥman Dwedar 👨🏻💻🇵🇸: What language do I start with? (personal opinion)
- Introschool: Data Structures In Python - Part 2
- Ondiek Elijah: Intro to Data Analysis - Data Reading
- Martin Heinz: Secure Password Handling in Python
- Aatmaj: Learning Python- Intermediate course: Day 44, Summary of the week, examples and exercises
- Mr.Shah: NumPy library in Python and it's functions.
- Scott Gordon: Periodic Table
- Daniel Starner: Introspecting Python Parameter Values via Argument Binding
- keshavs759: Activation Functions used in Neural network with Advantages and Disadvantages
- Stokry: Visit StackOverflow without leaving the terminal with Python
- Paridhi Agarwal: How to make comical visualizations in Python: Explained using Netflix Movie and TV Show dataset
- Khushal Jethava: Advantages of Python
- Mr.Shah: Machine Learning Tutorials for Beginners completely Free✌️
- Drishti Peshwani: 3 Python Mini Projects with code you can build now.
- keshavs759: Softmax Activation Function with Python
- domonic: decoding html. (the pony he comes)
- Mahmoud EL-kariouny: Top 10 websites to learn python for free
- David Mezzetti: Export and run other machine learning models
- Aatmaj: Learning Python- Intermediate course: Day 41, Inheritance in Python
- Milvus: Join Hacktoberfest 2021 with Milvus!
- Introschool: Data Structures In Python
- Siddhartha Roy: Create Flask app in 3 lines of code
- saurabh belote: return vs print inside function
- Timothy Huang: How to run a flask project on Repl.it? (with a brower preview)
- Hazrat Ali: Creating button with Python.
- Mahmoud EL-kariouny: Python challenge_9
- Introschool: Data Types In Python
- Naftal Rainer: PYTHON DATA STRUCTURES..
- Onumaku chibuike victory: THINGS PYTHON CAN DO IN DEVOPS
- Ming: Why not multiprocessing
- Aditya Priyadarshi: Top 4 Places To Learn Python
- Arghya Sarkar: Google Summer of Code Analytics
- Aatmaj: Learning Python- Intermediate course: Day 43, DDD and more on OOP
- domonic: using sphinx to generate documentation
- Edouard Bonlieu: Continuously deploy a Flask App using Gunicorn on Koyeb
- Lucretius Biah: Save WhatsApp Status With Python on Android. Working Example Included
- ahmed software: How to extract data from white pages using White Page Scraping tool?
- Dinesh Kumar Gnanasekaran: Is Progress bar (tqdm) killing your code?
- 221910304004: What is the Python priority queue?
- Alvison Hunter Arnuero | Front-End Web Developer: Ternary Operator in Python
- saurabh belote: find gcd with recursion
- Geof: ENHANCE FILE MANIPULATION WITH PYTHON
- Aatmaj: Learning Python- Intermediate course: Day 42, Polymorphism.
- domonic: dev.to works for organic traffic to your repo
- Leon: 如何在 Jupyter Notebook 跑 Python 異步程式
- Srinivas: Python slice()
- YAQOAH: 👨🏽💻 How to Add GIF to your README.md
- Ravgeet Dhillon: Service Status Monitoring Using WhatsApp, Notion, and Python
Our Repo Picks
- trailofbits/algo (Python): Set up a personal VPN in the cloud
- rwightman/pytorch-image-models (Python): PyTorch image models, scripts, pretrained weights -- ResNet, ResNeXT, EfficientNet, EfficientNetV2, NFNet, Vision Transformer, MixNet, MobileNet-V3/V2, RegNet, DPN, CSPNet, and more
- PrefectHQ/prefect (Python): The easiest way to automate your data
- yt-dlp/yt-dlp (Python): A youtube-dl fork with additional features and fixes
- tiangolo/fastapi (Python): FastAPI framework, high performance, easy to learn, fast to code, ready for production
- ansible/ansible (Python): Ansible is a radically simple IT automation platform that makes your applications and systems easier to deploy and maintain. Automate everything from code deployment to network configuration to cloud management, in a language that approaches plain English, using SSH, with no agents to install on remote systems. https://docs.ansible.com.
- xinntao/Real-ESRGAN (Python): Real-ESRGAN aims at developing Practical Algorithms for General Image Restoration.
- localstack/localstack (Python): 💻 A fully functional local AWS cloud stack. Develop and test your cloud & Serverless apps offline!
- vinta/awesome-python (Python): A curated list of awesome Python frameworks, libraries, software and resources
- microsoft/Swin-Transformer (Python): This is an official implementation for "Swin Transformer: Hierarchical Vision Transformer using Shifted Windows".
- blakeblackshear/frigate (Python): NVR with realtime local object detection for IP cameras
- 3b1b/manim (Python): Animation engine for explanatory math videos
- Mashiro2000/HeyTapTask (Python): 适配青龙面板/云函数/本地运行的欢太商城脚本
- jackfrued/Python-100-Days (Python): Python - 100 天从新手到大师
- numpy/numpy (Python): The fundamental package for scientific computing with Python.
- tsoding/porth (Python): It's like Forth but in Python
- PyCQA/pylint (Python): It's not just a linter that annoys you!
- nerdyrodent/VQGAN-CLIP (Python): Just playing with getting VQGAN+CLIP running locally, rather than having to use colab.
- Harsha200105/DesktopAssistant (Python): A Virtual Desktop Assistant Written in Python
- pre-commit/pre-commit-hooks (Python): Some out-of-the-box hooks for pre-commit
- dagster-io/dagster (Python): A data orchestrator for machine learning, analytics, and ETL.
- dask/dask (Python): Parallel computing with task scheduling
- 521xueweihan/HelloGitHub (Python): 分享 GitHub 上有趣、入门级的开源项目
- lutris/lutris (Python): Lutris desktop client in Python / PyGObject
- pytorch/vision (Python): Datasets, Transforms and Models specific to Computer Vision
The Last Week In Python is a weekly roundup for all things Python! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄