TLWI Golang #98
Welcome, dear readers, to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter! This week, we've got some amazing links for you to explore. So fasten your seat belts, grab your cup of coffee, and let's dive in!
Are you a fan of PostgreSQL and Go programming? Well, you're in luck! This week's first article highlights a PostgreSQL driver and toolkit for Go! Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting, this library is easy to use and packed with features that can take your PostgreSQL database management to the next level. So, what are you waiting for? Check it out now!
Are you a lost soul wandering in the realm of web development, unsure which framework to choose? Say no more! Our second article is here to rescue you! It walks you through the factors to consider when choosing a framework and guides you in making an informed decision. So don't hesitate, click on the link and let us help you choose a framework that's right for you!
Ever wondered why Google built Zanzibar? Our third article has got you covered! It takes a deep dive into the fascinating world of authentication and explains how Zanzibar is revolutionizing identity management at Google. Trust us, this article is a must-read for anyone interested in Google's cutting-edge technology.
Attention all Windows users! Our fourth article showcases a node.js version management utility for Windows written ironically in Go! If you're tired of the limited functionality of the Windows command-line interface, this utility will change your life. It's easy to install, feature-packed, and can help you take control of your node.js development environment. So, what are you waiting for? Click on the link and try it out!
Finally, for all the C++ developers out there, we've got some helpful advice to share. Our last article explores how to resolve the "C++ source files not allowed when not using cgo or SWIG: bind.cc" error that often occurs while developing with Go. It's a quick and easy read that will equip you with the knowledge you need to resolve this issue and keep developing without a hitch!
That's all for now! We hope you enjoyed our selection of links for this week. Stay tuned for more exciting content in the coming weeks!
Our Article Picks
- Firdavs Kasymov: Restful API with Golang practical approach
- Mahadevan Sreenivasan: Building a fast URL Shortener with Go and Redis
- Ege Aytın: Why Google Build Zanzibar ?
- Div Rhino: Build a REST API from scratch with Go, Docker & Postgres
- Јане Џумеркоски: Handlers and Endpoints 🧶
- Јане Џумеркоски: Initial Setup 🛠
- Јане Џумеркоски: Testing The Endpoints 🧪
- Janire Fernandez: Connect REST API to database with Go
- Ayoub Ali: Learn Go in Minutes
- Јане Џумеркоски: Storage Layer 📦
- Јане Џумеркоски: Algorithm For Generating a Short Link 🧮
- Јане Џумеркоски: Intro 🎬
- Maful: Build REST API with Go Fiber and PlanetScale - Part 1
- Maful: Build REST API with Go Fiber and PlanetScale - Part 3
- Corey Scott: New Book for Experienced Gophers
- Toul: How to build a Twitter API v2 bot with AWS Lambda, and GoLang
- Akshay Rao: Dockerize a GoLang HTTP server and deploy it on Kubernetes
- Tang Weinan: test
- Maful: Build REST API with Go Fiber and PlanetScale - Part 2
- Tomas Francisco Lingotti: Concurrencia en Golang I
- Maful: Build REST API with Go Fiber and PlanetScale - Part 4
- Nikhil Bagra: Why You Should Learn Golang.
- Luigi Morel: Understanding scope in Golang
- digitebs: Setting up your IDE in Golang
- hideckies: Create Ping in Go
- golangchar: How to Delete Duplicate Numbers in Golang
- Anonymouse: OSINT made easy. Find emails for anyone.
- aseem wangoo: Using Redis for Caching (2022)
- golangchar: how to delete the Element in slice using Slice Golang
- Shridhar G Vatharkar: Your First Golang REST API Client
- golangchar: How to generate golang unit test code in VS code
- Piyush Goyani: Preliminary Go Language for Beginners
- Rudy Chung: My First Hacktoberfest PR
- Pallat Anchaleechamaikorn: Go library in gitlab private repo
- MELVIN GEORGE: How to loop through a slice or an array in Go or Golang?
- Luigi Morel: Choosing a Framework
- Neeraj Kumar: What is Go?
Our Repo Picks
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- XTLS/Xray-core (Go): Xray, Penetrates Everything. Also the best v2ray-core, with XTLS support. Fully compatible configuration.
- gravitl/netmaker (Go): Netmaker makes networks with WireGuard. Netmaker automates fast, secure, and distributed virtual networks.
- jackc/pgx (Go): PostgreSQL driver and toolkit for Go
- flipped-aurora/gin-vue-admin (Go): 基于 vite+vue3+gin 搭建的开发基础平台（支持 TS,JS 混用），集成 jwt 鉴权，权限管理，动态路由，显隐可控组件，分页封装，多点登录拦截，资源权限，上传下载，代码生成器，表单生成器等开发必备功能。
- rancher/rancher (Go): Complete container management platform
- v2fly/v2ray-core (Go): A platform for building proxies to bypass network restrictions.
- minio/minio (Go): Multi-Cloud ☁️ Object Storage
- googleapis/google-api-go-client (Go): Auto-generated Google APIs for Go.
- HyNetwork/hysteria (Go): Hysteria is a feature-packed proxy & relay tool optimized for lossy, unstable connections (e.g. satellite networks, congested public Wi-Fi, connecting to foreign servers from China)
- coreybutler/nvm-windows (Go): A node.js version management utility for Windows. Ironically written in Go.
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws (Go): Terraform AWS provider
- grpc-ecosystem/grpc-gateway (Go): gRPC to JSON proxy generator following the gRPC HTTP spec
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- concourse/concourse (Go): Concourse is a container-based continuous thing-doer written in Go.
- ehang-io/nps (Go): 一款轻量级、高性能、功能强大的内网穿透代理服务器。支持 tcp、udp、socks5、http 等几乎所有流量转发，可用来访问内网网站、本地支付接口调试、ssh 访问、远程桌面，内网 dns 解析、内网 socks5 代理等等……，并带有功能强大的 web 管理端。a lightweight, high-performance, powerful intranet penetration proxy server, with a powerful web management terminal.
- zalando/postgres-operator (Go): Postgres operator creates and manages PostgreSQL clusters running in Kubernetes
- tidwall/gjson (Go): Get JSON values quickly - JSON parser for Go
- tinode/chat (Go): Instant messaging platform. Backend in Go. Clients: Swift iOS, Java Android, JS webapp, scriptable command line; chatbots
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- unknwon/the-way-to-go_ZH_CN (Go): 《The Way to Go》中文译本，中文正式名《Go 入门指南》
- dunglas/frankenphp (Go): The modern PHP app server
- cilium/cilium (Go): eBPF-based Networking, Security, and Observability
- GoogleContainerTools/kaniko (Go): Build Container Images In Kubernetes
- Golang function parameters
- Unexpected behaviour appending to multidimensional slices
- How to efficiently separate logger from app?
- Call android Java code in golang
- Is it possible to read the complete path of a file that the server receives?
- How can I get the Token from the server
- Error when running docker-compose build
- Cannot find package in: /usr/local/go/src/unicode/utf8
- Go:linkname Comment
- Setting Up your IDE in Golang
- How do u resolve this C++ source files not allowed when not using cgo or SWIG: bind.cc
- How can I pass -ldflags="-w" to cmd.exec
- Trying to wrap my head around asymetric encryption and verification
- Go reload a plugin
- A question about an example in github recent discussion "redefining for loop variable semantics"
- Print alphabet concurrently
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄