TLWI Golang #95
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We've got some exciting stuff to share, so let's jump right in!
First up, have you heard about the Coolest database around? It's an embeddable column database written in Go that's fast, efficient, and highly scalable. If you're looking for a database solution that can handle large amounts of data without sacrificing performance or ease of use, then this might just be the one for you!
Next, we want to talk about Prometheus, the monitoring system and time series database that's become a popular choice for many organizations. With its powerful data model and flexible query language, Prometheus can help you gain insights into your systems and applications like never before. If you're interested in monitoring your infrastructure and applications, then this is definitely a tool worth checking out.
Have you ever had the frustrating experience of downloading an image only to find that it won't open? It can be a real pain, but thankfully there's a solution to this common problem. Check out our article on what to do when a downloaded image is not opening for some tips and tricks on how to get that image to show up properly.
Moving on, we'd like to share with you a fantastic notification architecture for social networks that can handle millions of notifications per day. This article will show you how to build a scalable notification system using open source tools and cloud services. So if you're developing a social network or any other app that requires notification functionality, then you'll definitely want to check this out! Send millions of notifications per day with this notification architecture.
Last but certainly not least, we want to introduce you to Vegeta, an HTTP load testing tool written in Go. With Vegeta, you can simulate a large number of requests to your web application, allowing you to test for performance and scalability. Whether you're building a new application or trying to optimize an existing one, Vegeta can help you uncover problems before they become major issues.
That's all for now folks! We hope you found something useful in this week's edition. Stay tuned for more exciting content in next week's newsletter.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Vegeta: HTTP load testing tool written in Go (2 days ago)
- Weron – A Peer-to-Peer VPN Based on WebRTC Written in Go (7 days ago)
- Bubble Tea: fun, functional and stateful way to build terminal apps (4 days ago)
- Practical concurrency guide in Go, communication by channels, patterns (3 days ago)
- SQLite in Go, with and without cgo (2 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Karan Pratap Singh: CSP vs Actor model for concurrency
- Masui Masanori: [Go] Try Server-Sent Events
- Kevin Wan: How we define and load configuration from files.
- Meet Gor: Golang: Operators
- Anton Ohorodnyk: Parse time from different non timestamp formats
- Viacheslav Poturaev: Implementing robust in-memory cache with Go
- yemingfeng: SDB ：Pure golang development, distributed, rich data structure, persistent, easy-to-use NoSQL database
- Jacob Kim: Querying the Database in a Go Web App
- Burak Osman Yaldız: Pass by Value
- Anton Ohorodnyk: Universal time UnmarshalJSON implementation
- M.M.Monirul Islam: Auto Scale Kubernetes Pods for Microservices
- CloudEasy Club: A notification architecture for social networks — send millions of notifications per day
- Winner Musole Masu: The Guide to Build and Dockerize a Go App
- Kenkyu: [JP] go-sn - Go で適当なシリアルナンバーを生成できるパッケージを作った
- Clavin June: Golang Print Struct Verbosely
- Maurice Borgmeier: Putting the database to sleep using Lambda - a Python developer's first contact with Golang
Our Repo Picks
- gogs/gogs (Go): Gogs is a painless self-hosted Git service
- go-kratos/kratos (Go): Your ultimate Go microservices framework for the cloud-native era.
- benbjohnson/litestream (Go): Streaming replication for SQLite.
- HyNetwork/hysteria (Go): Hysteria is a feature-packed network utility optimized for networks of poor quality (e.g. satellite connections, congested public Wi-Fi, connecting from China to servers abroad)
- ehang-io/nps (Go): 一款轻量级、高性能、功能强大的内网穿透代理服务器。支持 tcp、udp、socks5、http 等几乎所有流量转发，可用来访问内网网站、本地支付接口调试、ssh 访问、远程桌面，内网 dns 解析、内网 socks5 代理等等……，并带有功能强大的 web 管理端。a lightweight, high-performance, powerful intranet penetration proxy server, with a powerful web management terminal.
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- wagoodman/dive (Go): A tool for exploring each layer in a docker image
- Xhofe/alist (Go): 🗂️A file list program that supports multiple storage, powered by Gin and React. / 一个支持多存储的文件列表程序，使用 Gin 和 React 。
- charmbracelet/bubbletea (Go): A powerful little TUI framework 🏗
- ahutsunshine/dingdong-grabber (Go): 叮咚多策略抢菜/买菜，亲测有效
- zinclabs/zinc (Go): Zinc Search engine. A lightweight alternative to elasticsearch that requires minimal resources, written in Go.
- github/gh-ost (Go): GitHub's Online Schema Migrations for MySQL
- gnolang/gno (Go): Gno language
- marmotedu/iam (Go): 企业级的 Go 语言实战项目：认证和授权系统
- sigstore/cosign (Go): Container Signing
- ipfs/go-ipfs (Go): IPFS implementation in Go
- GoogleCloudPlatform/terraformer (Go): CLI tool to generate terraform files from existing infrastructure (reverse Terraform). Infrastructure to Code
- astaxie/build-web-application-with-golang (Go): A golang ebook intro how to build a web with golang
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Fast and customizable vulnerability scanner based on simple YAML based DSL.
- ossf/package-analysis (Go): Open Source Package Analysis
- wangkechun/go-by-example (Go): undefined
- prometheus/prometheus (Go): The Prometheus monitoring system and time series database.
- casdoor/casdoor (Go): An Identity and Access Management (IAM) / Single-Sign-On (SSO) platform with web UI supporting OAuth 2.0, OIDC, SAML and CAS, QQ group: 645200447
- polarsignals/arcticdb (Go): ❄️ Coolest database around 🧊 Embeddable column database written in Go.
- chengshiwen/influxdb-cluster (Go): InfluxDB Cluster - Open Source Alternative to InfluxDB Enterprise
- Error: a() (no value) used as value
- Go-carbon version 2.1.6 was released, better dates & times for golang
- I want to improve my code quality, how can I train to achieve this?
- Using generics to handle error types
- Getting error on go env -w GOPRIVATE=github.com/TecXLab/*
- Closure not doing what I expect
- Questions for source code of sync.mutex
- Downloaded image is not opening
- GoRedis or redisgo be classified as an ORM style framework？
- How to use map key including - in template
- Hn hiring - go starting to beat nodejs
- Stupid text formatting performance question
- The first time to install GO, after editing the code it shows
- Why getting err: EOF while decoding responce body into struct
- Using any and generic in struct
- Unsupported protocol scheme
- Fullstack Engineer - 100% REMOTE
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄