TLWI Golang #91
Greetings fellow tech enthusiasts,
Welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter! We have lots of exciting insights lined up for you, so be sure to grab a cup of coffee and settle in.
Firstly, have you ever wondered what the heck
syscall.Syscall is all about? Don't worry, you're not alone. Fortunately, https://forum.golangbridge.org/t/what-is-syscall-syscall/27054 offers a comprehensive breakdown of this function in Go.
If you're a fan of software benchmarks (who isn't?), you'll want to check out https://dev.to/jeongoon/benchmark-with-go-3i92 for tips on how to write effective and accurate benchmarking code in Go.
Next up, we'll explore the powerful world of maps in Go with https://dev.to/mr_destructive/golang-maps-3oi6. Learn how to use these versatile data types to organize and manage key-value pairs in your code.
Finally, we'll round things off by introducing you to
httpx, a lightning-fast HTTP toolkit designed to maximize the reliability and efficiency of your probers. With https://dev.to/mr_destructive/golang-functions-4n6j and the
retryablehttp library, you can easily run multiple probers and threads, ensuring that your results are as accurate and dependable as possible.
So there you have it - another week's worth of exciting developments and insights in the world of Go programming. Be sure to share your thoughts and feedback with us, and we can't wait to see you again soon.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Breaking the Monolith at Twitch: Part One (6 days ago)
- Building a Production-Ready Service in Go - 2nd Edition Out Now! (7 days ago)
- When To Use Generics by Ian Lance Taylor (4 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Ankit Anand ✨: Monitor gRPC calls with OpenTelemetry - explained with a Golang example
- Kevin Wan: Implement a timing wheel for millions of concurrent tasks.
- Michael Lin: Deploy Infrastructure using CDK for Terraform with Go
- prozz: Serverless Testing Pyramid
- Gernot Glawe: About Optimizing for Speed: How to do complete AWS Security&Compliance Scans in 5 minutes
- Abdulrahman Masoud: What are methods in golang
- Jintao Zhang: Thoroughly understand Events in Kubernetes
- yedf2: A Better Pattern than OutBox - 2-Phase Message
- xuri: Excelize 2.6.0 Released - Go language API for spreadsheets (Excel) files
- Meet Gor: Golang: Maps
- Mustafif: Any Golang?
- Myoungjin Jeon: Benchmark with Go
- Juan Miguel Arias Mejias: Factory Method
- Jacob Kim: What Even Is a Mux
- Meet Gor: Golang: Structs
- Meet Gor: Golang: Functions
- taijidude: Golang Working With Files...
- Marcos Filho: Less verbose, better maintenance
- Ivan Pesenti: Go API tutorial: the begin
- Richard Kovacs: How to sign messages in Java and verify in Go
- Jeremy Morgan: Building an application with Go and SQLite
- Raksha: Unit testing in go with MySQL
- Andrew Pillar: Djinn CI v1.2
- kamlwaysadhead: Is it possible to run a Golang app as Windows Service AND Linux deamon
Our Repo Picks
- projectdiscovery/subfinder (Go): Subfinder is a subdomain discovery tool that discovers valid subdomains for websites. Designed as a passive framework to be useful for bug bounties and safe for penetration testing.
- projectdiscovery/httpx (Go): httpx is a fast and multi-purpose HTTP toolkit allows to run multiple probers using retryablehttp library, it is designed to maintain the result reliability with increased threads.
- caddyserver/caddy (Go): Fast, multi-platform web server with automatic HTTPS
- trufflesecurity/trufflehog (Go): Find credentials all over the place
- dtm-labs/dtm (Go): A distributed transaction framework that supports multiple languages, supports saga, tcc, xa, 2-phase message, outbox patterns.
- grafana/loki (Go): Like Prometheus, but for logs.
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- envoyproxy/protoc-gen-validate (Go): protoc plugin to generate polyglot message validators
- qax-os/excelize (Go): Go language library for reading and writing Microsoft Excel™ (XLAM / XLSM / XLSX / XLTM / XLTX) spreadsheets
- etcd-io/etcd (Go): Distributed reliable key-value store for the most critical data of a distributed system
- google/go-containerregistry (Go): Go library and CLIs for working with container registries
- flipped-aurora/gin-vue-admin (Go): 基于 vite+vue3+gin 搭建的开发基础平台（已完成 setup 语法糖版本），集成 jwt 鉴权，权限管理，动态路由，显隐可控组件，分页封装，多点登录拦截，资源权限，上传下载，代码生成器，表单生成器等开发必备功能，五分钟一套 CURD 前后端代码。
- syncthing/syncthing (Go): Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- JanDeDobbeleer/oh-my-posh (Go): A prompt theme engine for any shell.
- minio/minio (Go): High Performance, Kubernetes Native Object Storage
- lambda765/robFoodDD (Go): 辅助买菜
- chai2010/advanced-go-programming-book (Go): 📚 《Go 语言高级编程》开源图书，涵盖 CGO、Go 汇编语言、RPC 实现、Protobuf 插件实现、Web 框架实现、分布式系统等高阶主题(完稿)
- prometheus/prometheus (Go): The Prometheus monitoring system and time series database.
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- charmbracelet/glow (Go): Render markdown on the CLI, with pizzazz! 💅🏻
- spf13/cobra (Go): A Commander for modern Go CLI interactions
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Fast and customizable vulnerability scanner based on simple YAML based DSL.
- real-web-world/hh-lol-prophet (Go): lol 对局先知 上等马 牛马分析程序 选人阶段判断己方大爹 大坑, 明确对局目标 基于 lol client api 合法不封号
- aws/karpenter (Go): Kubernetes Node Autoscaling: built for flexibility, performance, and simplicity.
- How Generate A Random String Of Symbols (Answered)
- Excelize 2.6.0 Released – Go language API for spreadsheet (Excel) documents
- Date to string "result of (time.Time).String call not used"
- All goroutines are asleep while using WaitGroup
- Upload a file - type io.Reader is not an expression
- Generics and the future direction of GoLang
- About go struct initializing
- Tsl hands error
- What is syscall.Syscall?
- Problem for list folder with goftp
- V2 Module Not Working
- Senior Go Blockchain Developer (Remote work, Full time)
- Any open source library wants to use generics, thus one can volunteer some time?
- Cannot use types.NewDecimal(5, 1) (value of type types.Decimal) as types.Decimal value in struct literal
- I feel like gitlab.com is cheating us
- How to set goproxy to golang.io behind corporate proxy
- Why does Go terminate the whole process if one goroutine paincs?
- /usr/bin/ld: $WORK/b001/pkg2.a(_x004.o): undefined reference to symbol 'pthread_key_delete@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
- How Reorganize Data From Text File Setting a Delimiter
- MatrixOne: a hyperconverged and one-size-fits-most database in Go
- Test requirements
- Are you confused by the semantics of
- How to use fs.FS to recurse through regular dir and zip files?
- Go 1.18 fuzzing: Running a fuzz executable does not save the corpus?
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄