TLWI Golang #87
Hello friends and welcome back to our weekly newsletter! This week we have some exciting links to share with you, so let's jump right in.
Are you a fan of Golang or Rust? Well, we've got an article with an important reference comparing the two when connecting and querying to Postgresql. Whether you're a seasoned programmer or just starting out, this is an interesting read that you won't want to miss.
Next up, we have a fantastic tool that we're eager to share with you. It's a web-based, zero-config, dependency-free database schema change and version control tool for teams. And the best part? There's a public demo available for you to try out now. So head on over to important reference and see for yourself.
When it comes to secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle, Mattermost has got you covered. This open-source platform is a great alternative to other proprietary chat tools, and it's completely customizable to fit your team's needs. Check it out at important reference.
Have you ever wished there was an easier way to test your API before you even built it? Well, now there is! Dummy open-source is a new tool that lets you do just that. And the best part? It only takes one command. Learn more at important reference.
Last but not least, we have an important reference to share with you for an Open Container Initiative-based implementation of Kubernetes Container Runtime Interface. If you're a fan of Kubernetes, you won't want to miss this one.
That's all for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoyed our selection of links and that we've brought a little bit of joy and excitement to your day. Until next time, take care!
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Introduction to Go Generics using simple examples (3 days ago)
- No more release blockers on the 1.18 milestone (4 days ago)
- Go streams (a look at what is possible with generics) (2 days ago)
- Announcing Versioned Migrations Authoring | ent (5 days ago)
- I wanted to statically link some stuff that used C libraries in Go and I used Zig (6 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Ben Halpern: If you’re interested in WebAssembly, and don’t get enough depth here on DEV, read this…
- Matt Boyle: What are Go Generics & When Should I use Them?
- Elton Minetto: Testing Generics in Go
- Matt Angelosanto: An all-in-one guide to gRPC-Gateway
- Tumusiime Ezra Jnr: Go the way to Go
- Chris Noring: Go from the beginning - functions
- Chris Noring: Go from the beginning - reading user input
- Kiran: My open source contributions to Supabase
- Chris Noring: Go from the beginning - Structs
- Chris Noring: Go from the beginning - arrays and slices
- Chris Noring: Go from the beginning - handle errors
- Ushakov Michael: Gorm level UP: how to upgrade and start to use Gorm v2
- Carlos Rivas: How to connect and query to Postgresql Golang vs Rust?
- Clavin June: Golang WASM Async Function
- Gustavo Lopes: A pattern to solve Binary Tree problems with Golang
- Will Velida: If/Else and Conditional Statements in Go
- Guionardo Furlan: HTTP Hello World server for testing purposes (part 1)
- Dominik Polzer: Generating HMTL and MD files from .TXT in GO
- Ilya Kaznacheev: Clean Transactions in Golang Hexagon
- Tabintel: Documenting my learning journey
- ZammaCode: Variables, Constants and Built-in Data Types in Go
- Chris Noring: Go from the beginning - using maps
- Sourik Ghosh: Behind the Scenes of Go Scheduler
- Thomas Schühly: Creating a GO GUI with Alpine.js and Webview
- Evrone: Dummy open-source: one command to test your API before it’s even built
- Rogier van den Berg: Easy Google Cloud Logging from your Golang project in Google Cloud Run
- miniscruff: Changie - Automated Changelog Generation for Any Project
- Bo: Go 1.18 is released today 🎉 Let's try some yammy Generics
- Jacob Kim: Watch out For These Tricky Things in Go - Part 2
- Kevin Wan: Implementing service discovery for microservices
- Masayoshi Mizutani: Control notification of every GitHub event with OPA/Rego
- Santosh Kumar: Building a Book Store API in Golang With Gin
- Sumant: Go By Examples
- Abayomi Ogunnusi: Start a server: Node Vs Golang
- Luca Sepe: Watch and react to Kubernetes objects changes
- Sergio Matone: Go: Using reflection to create a generic lookup method
- Braincuber Technologies: How to use redis with golang tutorial 2022
- Shoubhit Dash: Implementing Conway's Game of Life in Go⚡
- Ghanithan Subramani: How to squeeze every drop of CPU resource using Concurrent parallel programming in GO
- digitebs: Generics in Golang
- Akimo: How to save cookies as a file in Golang
- Raksha Garambha: Golang — Send Push notifications to apps using FCM
- Russell Brooks: Framework Performance Results: Rust, Go, Node, Deno, vs Ruby
Our Repo Picks
- liamg/traitor (Go): ⬆️ ☠️ Automatic Linux privesc via exploitation of low-hanging fruit e.g. gtfobins, pwnkit, dirty pipe, +w docker.sock
- samber/lo (Go): 💥 A Lodash-style Go library based on Go 1.18+ Generics (map, filter, contains, find...)
- mattermost/mattermost-server (Go): Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle.
- JanDeDobbeleer/oh-my-posh (Go): A prompt theme engine for any shell.
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- labstack/echo (Go): High performance, minimalist Go web framework
- go-playground/validator (Go): 💯Go Struct and Field validation, including Cross Field, Cross Struct, Map, Slice and Array diving
- cri-o/cri-o (Go): Open Container Initiative-based implementation of Kubernetes Container Runtime Interface
- up9inc/mizu (Go): API traffic viewer for Kubernetes enabling you to view all API communication between microservices. Think TCPDump and Wireshark re-invented for Kubernetes
- gin-gonic/gin (Go): Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance -- up to 40 times faster. If you need smashing performance, get yourself some Gin.
- cloudwego/kitex (Go): A high-performance and strong-extensibility Golang RPC framework that helps developers build microservices.
- pulumi/pulumi (Go): Pulumi - Developer-First Infrastructure as Code. Your Cloud, Your Language, Your Way 🚀
- cli/cli (Go): GitHub’s official command line tool
- cnosdb/cnosdb (Go): An Open Source Distributed Time Series Database with high performance, high compression ratio and high usability.
- tailscale/tailscale (Go): The easiest, most secure way to use WireGuard and 2FA.
- datastack-net/dockerized (Go): Run popular commandline tools within docker
- go-sql-driver/mysql (Go): Go MySQL Driver is a MySQL driver for Go's (golang) database/sql package
- gokcehan/lf (Go): Terminal file manager
- rancher/rancher (Go): Complete container management platform
- bytebase/bytebase (Go): Web-based, zero-config, dependency-free database schema change and version control tool for teams. Public demo: https://demo.bytebase.com
- grpc-ecosystem/grpc-gateway (Go): gRPC to JSON proxy generator following the gRPC HTTP spec
- sysdream/ligolo (Go): Reverse Tunneling made easy for pentesters, by pentesters https://sysdream.com/
- OpenIMSDK/Open-IM-Server (Go): OpenIM: Instant messaging open source project based on go built by former WeChat technology experts. Backend in Go.（由前微信技术专家打造的基于 Go 实现的即时通讯（IM）项目，从服务端到客户端 SDK 开源即时通讯（IM）整体解决方案，可以轻松替代第三方 IM 云服务，打造具备聊天、社交功能的 app。）
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- mongodb/mongo-go-driver (Go): The Go driver for MongoDB
- Which example is better (if ok :=expression; ok)
- What is Time Complexity of "copy" in this code?
- Pointer Variable Declaration Question
- I can not download mp3 file by ffmpeg
- Is go really faster than PHP/Nodejs?
- Go.mod when dependencies depend on build tags
- Senior Golang Engineer (Remote, Full-Time)
- [Solved] Referencing os.Hostname() in Go Template
- How can I iterate on a slice using bit shifts?
- Adding scripting to an application
- Json encode byte array as hex string instead of base64
- Concurrent crawler with mutual exclusion for handling visited URLs
- Importing own modules
- Error when carrying out a test
- Reflect set array to field
- Populate a nested struc from a nested json
- Debugging in Nova 9 for the Mac
- Copy nested struct parsing some fields into other formats
- Import Package Without GOROOT?
- Please delete the post
- Problem with Entry
- Help with GORM foreign key
- Installing sdl2/raylib?(linux mint,vs code)
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄