TLWI Golang #80
Hello and welcome to our weekly newsletter! This week, we’ve got an exciting lineup of articles and resources for you to explore. Whether you’re a developer, a sys admin, or just someone who’s interested in the world of tech, there’s something here for you. So let’s dive in!
First up, we’ve got an article on Array Manipulation in Go: Insert that’s sure to be of interest to all you programmers out there. Whether you’re just getting started with Go or you’re a seasoned veteran, this article is packed with helpful tips and tricks for working with arrays in Go. So if you’re ready to level up your array manipulation skills, be sure to check it out!
Next up, we’ve got a tutorial on Configuring external DNS servers (AWS Route53, Google CloudDNS and others) for Kubernetes Ingresses and Services. If you’re working with Kubernetes, you know how important it is to have a reliable and secure system for managing your DNS records. This tutorial walks you through everything you need to know to configure external DNS servers for your Kubernetes cluster, so you can focus on building great apps without worrying about the underlying infrastructure.
Looking for a way to run container runtimes on macOS (and Linux) with minimal setup? Then you’ll definitely want to check out this article on Container runtimes on macOS (and Linux) with minimal setup. Whether you’re a developer who needs to run multiple environments on your local machine or a sys admin who’s responsible for maintaining a complex infrastructure, this article is a must-read.
If you’re looking for a powerful little TUI framework to help you build amazing projects, then you’ll want to check out this article on A powerful little TUI framework 🏗. This article gives you a detailed overview of the TUI framework, its features, and how to use it in your projects. So if you’re ready to take your projects to the next level, be sure to check it out!
Last but not least, we’ve got an interesting tutorial on Using GOCURE to generate html reports in GO. If you’re a Go developer, you know how important it is to have a reliable tool for generating reports and logs. This tutorial walks you through everything you need to know to use GOCURE to generate HTML reports in Go, so you can focus on building great apps without worrying about the underlying infrastructure.
That’s all for this week’s newsletter. Thanks for reading, and we’ll see you again next week!
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Full tutorial - How to build a Web API with Go and SQLite (4 days ago)
- GoReleaser can now manage AUR repositories (2 days ago)
- ariga/atlas: a new database migration library and CLI with a Terraform-like syntax (6 days ago)
- GoLand 2022.1 EAP starts with: new сode completion options for generics, fixes for more than 50 generics-related issues, string formatting support for testify/assert functions, and more! Join the EAP! (2 days ago)
- Minimal working examples of Go's unique features (5 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Mustafa Balila: How we reduced costs by switching from AWS MediaConvert to a Golang service
- Nilay Jayswal: Building Video Chat App with VueJs and Golang
- &y H. Golang (he/him): #GopherDiggingRuby: Intro to blocks in Ruby
- Vedant Pareek: Hack and Exfiltrate text files using GoLang
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Balanced Binary Tree
- Ali İlteriş Keskin: Go Gin Web Frameworku ile Hello World
- Valeria: Smooth Infinite Scrolling Post Feed
- Rinat Almakhov: Why you should not use FileServer in order to serve react application.
- Amit Biswas: Array Manipulation in Go: Insert
- Golang Cafe: Golang Debugging with Delve - [Step by Step]
- Matt Angelosanto: Building microservices in Go with Gin
- InvalidLenni: BotenaGo botnet leaked to github
- Muhammad Ilham hidayat: Fix Unexpected Signal During Runtime Execution Go 1.17
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Spiral Matrix II
- Red Rad: Kubernetes scaler for dedicated stateful servers
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Rotate List
- jhot: Homebrew and Private GitHub Repositories
- Chiranjeevi Tirunagari: Intro to GO lang
- Rodrigo Odhin: Using GOCURE to generate html reports in GO
- Ochi Daiki: Output tree🌳 or Make directories(files)📁 from Markdown or Programmatically
- Devtonight: How To Create A New Go Language Project
- lmxdawn: Implementation of cryptocurrency (blockchain) deposit and withdrawal services
- Ronaldd Pinho: Primeiros passos com a linguagem Go: Por onde começar?
- digitebs: Object Oriented Programming using Go
- Permpoon Chaowanaphunphon: Initial API project with Go
- Sivamuthu Kumar: Auth0 JWT Middleware in Go - Gin Web Framework
- TheOneAndOnly: I'm making a programming language. What's it look like?
- Tomasz Kowalewski: New method of application configuration (occson)
Our Repo Picks
- akutz/go-generics-the-hard-way (Go): A hands-on approach to getting started with Go generics.
- hashicorp/consul (Go): Consul is a distributed, highly available, and data center aware solution to connect and configure applications across dynamic, distributed infrastructure.
- sourcegraph/sourcegraph (Go): Universal code search (self-hosted)
- containers/podman (Go): Podman: A tool for managing OCI containers and pods.
- IBAX-io/go-ibax (Go): An innovative Blockchain Protocol Platform, which everyone can deploy their own applications quickly and easily, such as Dapp, DeFi, DAO, Cross-Blockchain transactions, etc.
- charmbracelet/bubbletea (Go): A powerful little TUI framework 🏗
- minio/minio (Go): High Performance, Kubernetes Native Object Storage
- nektos/act (Go): Run your GitHub Actions locally 🚀
- hashicorp/packer (Go): Packer is a tool for creating identical machine images for multiple platforms from a single source configuration.
- IceWhaleTech/CasaOS (Go): CasaOS - A simple, easy-to-use, elegant open-source Home Cloud system.
- abiosoft/colima (Go): Container runtimes on macOS (and Linux) with minimal setup
- containerd/nerdctl (Go): contaiNERD CTL - Docker-compatible CLI for containerd, with support for Compose, Rootless, eStargz, OCIcrypt, IPFS, ...
- lima-vm/lima (Go): Linux virtual machines, typically on macOS, for running containerd
- stretchr/testify (Go): A toolkit with common assertions and mocks that plays nicely with the standard library
- bitnami-labs/sealed-secrets (Go): A Kubernetes controller and tool for one-way encrypted Secrets
- hashicorp/terraform (Go): Terraform enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve infrastructure. It is an open source tool that codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
- fsnotify/fsnotify (Go): Cross-platform file system notifications for Go.
- Mrs4s/go-cqhttp (Go): cqhttp 的 golang 实现，轻量、原生跨平台.
- helm/helm (Go): The Kubernetes Package Manager
- kubernetes-sigs/external-dns (Go): Configure external DNS servers (AWS Route53, Google CloudDNS and others) for Kubernetes Ingresses and Services
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws (Go): Terraform AWS provider
- marcel-dempers/docker-development-youtube-series (Go): undefined
- alibaba/ilogtail (Go): The Lightweight Data Collector of SLS in Alibaba Cloud
- cilium/cilium (Go): eBPF-based Networking, Security, and Observability
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-azurerm (Go): Terraform provider for Azure Resource Manager
- Go API Version Documentation
- Using a cgo shared library in a Go program
- Public opinion on Generics in Go 1.18?
- Go sql row scan inside loop
- Option, empty, null and pointers
- http.Redirect doesn't redirect anywhere
- How and where to learn go internals?
- Why slicing to zero length doesn't drop elements?
- How to run commands with /dev/null in golang
- exec.Command output for Windows query command
- Reorder a slice by a target slice of indexes without looping
- Mounting an file as read-only in centos
- Gettting error with running Hello world
- exec.Command return different values between go and commandline
- Self-training exercise code - critique
- Can we have some sort of build flag at compile time to apply
fieldalignmenton each struct in our project?
- Golang Swagger annotation for enum input parameter
- Build and run a city your way in City Limits
- Geo processing in db vs golang
- Forwarding Dns request with chan to make DNS Proxy
- Golang YAML parse question
- Feedback on REST API draft
- How to implement two-way module communication in Go?
- Why does http.Client close body streams on performing the request?
- About lemma 2 of hybrid write barrier
- Rueidis: a very fast Redis 6 client library which supports server-assisted client side caching
- Setting up the GO Environment (VSCode on Window 10)
- How to load go file at runtime
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄