TLWI Golang #8
Go Weekly, a weekly curation for all things Go in one centralised place. Here is your curation for Wed Sep 16 2020.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Go Modules have a v2+ Problem (6 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Brian Douglas: My FIRST open source contribution to the GitHub CLI
- Jeremy Morgan: Optimizing String Comparisons in Go
- Ega Prasetya: Echo Go - Template Rendering
- official_dulin: #helpIs there any place I can let others review my Go code?
- Max Schmitt: Automate Chromium, Firefox, and WebKit with Go (preview)
- Frank Boucher ☁: Let's get Started with Containers on Azure
- Ega Prasetya: Echo Go - Parsing HTTP Request Payload
- Ega Prasetya: Echo Go - Installation
- Swastik Baranwal: Uses and difference b/w switch and match
- Honeybadger Staff: A Gentle Introduction to Web Services With Go
- DadosJusBR: DadosJusBr: Go ou Python a serviço da cidadania.
- Mike Levan: My Journey To Golang
- sonu sharma: Golang Q & A Doc.
- Ega Prasetya: Golang Web - REST API With Mux
- Gabriel Cruz (he/him): #showdevCreating a minute with 100 "seconds"
- Joeberth Souza: DadosJusBr: Go ou Python a serviço da cidadania.
- Abhishek Gupta: Build fault tolerant applications with Cassandra API for Azure Cosmos DB
- Yurii Zinets: GoPlaces: Go Algolia Places API Wrapper
- Tomasz Giba: How get int from base64 in Go
- Jędrzej Szczepaniak: DynamoDB with Go #5 - Legacy IDs mapping
- Pacharapol Withayasakpunt: Maximize (not fullscreen) your cross-platform desktop application
- Emmanuel Galindo: Luhn’s algorithm - verify credit cards - GO
- Mike Levan: Helpdesk to Developer - Writing Quality Code
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- schollz/croc (Go): Easily and securely send things from one computer to another 🐊 📦
- cli/cli (Go): GitHub’s official command line tool
- dapr/dapr (Go): Dapr is a portable, event-driven, runtime for building distributed applications across cloud and edge.
- wagoodman/dive (Go): A tool for exploring each layer in a docker image
- meloalright/guora (Go): 🖖🏻 A self-hosted Quora like web application written in Go 基于 Golang 类似知乎的私有部署问答应用 包含问答、评论、点赞、管理后台等功能
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- google/google-ctf (Go): Google CTF
- infracost/infracost (Go): Cloud cost estimates for Terraform in your CLI and pull requests 💰📉
- dgraph-io/dgraph (Go): Native GraphQL Database with graph backend
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- quii/learn-go-with-tests (Go): Learn Go with test-driven development
- cockroachdb/cockroach (Go): CockroachDB - the open source, cloud-native distributed SQL database.
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Nuclei is a fast tool for configurable targeted scanning based on templates offering massive extensibility and ease of use.
- gruntwork-io/terragrunt (Go): Terragrunt is a thin wrapper for Terraform that provides extra tools for working with multiple Terraform modules.
- syncthing/syncthing (Go): Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- derailed/k9s (Go): 🐶 Kubernetes CLI To Manage Your Clusters In Style!
- golang/groupcache (Go): groupcache is a caching and cache-filling library, intended as a replacement for memcached in many cases.
- go-kit/kit (Go): A standard library for microservices.
- gofiber/fiber (Go): ⚡️ Fiber is an Express inspired web framework written in Go with ☕️
- inconshreveable/ngrok (Go): Introspected tunnels to localhost
- jaegertracing/jaeger (Go): CNCF Jaeger, a Distributed Tracing Platform
- rclone/rclone (Go): "rsync for cloud storage" - Google Drive, Amazon Drive, S3, Dropbox, Backblaze B2, One Drive, Swift, Hubic, Cloudfiles, Google Cloud Storage, Yandex Files
- shirou/gopsutil (Go): psutil for golang
- gin-gonic/gin (Go): Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance -- up to 40 times faster. If you need smashing performance, get yourself some Gin.
- hashicorp/nomad (Go): Nomad is an easy-to-use, flexible, and performant workload orchestrator that can deploy a mix of microservice, batch, containerized, and non-containerized applications. Nomad is easy to operate and scale and has native Consul and Vault integrations.
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Do you export a function just so that you can unit test it?
- Sum from 20 to 100. For loop (4860)
- Can we extract the struct from interface and put it in another interface
- C# syntax (Interpolated Strings?)
- Godoc-static v0.1.8 released with improved module support
- How to detect keyboard key depression
- Is there anything like Python's rsplit() in Go?
- How often do you wrap your errors?
- The religion of idiomatic code - how to deal with fanatics?
- If or switch( Which one should I use ...)
- Interface + Client struct + NewClient() - desing pattern
- How to calculate the exact age from given date until today?
- How would you train for the senior Go developer technical interviews?
- Image transformation example
- How to get a value from the interface?
- Unreachable code after return processing( go vet command)
- Unit test for String() method of a struct?
- Understanding parsed Go types
- Does go implements its own ssl library?
- Use range instead of for - because it is more idiomatic?
- How to debug with stripped binary?
- PDF Conversion Help
- Dereference a pointer to slice
- Pass pointer to variable to goroutine leads to nil values
- The unisex bathroom with unlimited capacity - message passing
- Code coverage for groovy tests
- GoLand IDEA unable to index kubernetes codebase
- How to mock http.Client.Do by setting the cookie in the response
- How to recognize special characters with Gocc?
- Go Mysql insert: "Incorrect string value: '\xC3'
- Problem dowloading Go module with upper case project name
- How can I decode a specific child nested in an xml file?
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄