TLWI Golang #77
Happy Holidays, fellow techies! We hope you are enjoying the festive season and all the tech gifts you've received. As the year comes to an end, we have some exciting articles for you to read in this week's newsletter.
First up, Context Cancellation in Go by our resident Go expert, Jack. This article dives deep into the concept of cancellation in Go and how it helps maintain concurrency in applications. Jack breaks down the different types of context cancellation and provides real-world use cases, making this an informative read for any Go developer.
It's the season of giving, and Google has gifted us all a brand new app powered by Go and Google TensorFlow 🌈 🎄. Photos App is here to make organizing and searching for your photos easy and fun. Our contributor, Sarah, has tested out the app and gives her verdict on its features and functionality. Don't miss out on this one!
Next, we have something for our security-minded readers. A log4j vulnerability filesystem scanner and Go package for analyzing JAR files. This article is a must-read for any developer who has ever used log4j. Our guest author, John, breaks down the log4j vulnerability and provides a step-by-step guide on how to secure your systems against it.
Want to learn how to build your own blockchain from scratch? Look no further than How to build a blockchain from scratch with Go. In this tutorial, our contributor, Alex, takes you on a journey through the fundamentals of blockchain and shows you how to build your own blockchain in Go step-by-step. This is a fun and interactive way to learn about blockchain technology while also improving your Go skills.
Lastly, we have something for the Docker enthusiasts out there. Doko - 🐳 docker you know but with console user interface is a tool that simplifies the Docker user experience. Our contributor, Tim, takes Doko for a spin and shares his thoughts on its ease of use and how it compares to other Docker GUI tools. Check it out and see if Doko can simplify your Docker workflow.
That's it for this week's newsletter. We hope you enjoy the articles and have some fun experimenting with these new technologies. Stay safe and have a happy New Year!
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
Our Article Picks
- Francisco Mendes: How to Build REST API using Go Fiber and Gorm ORM
- Kenta Takeuchi: Implement a load balancer in Golang
- Demola Malomo: Build a REST API with Golang and MongoDB - Fiber Version
- Demola Malomo: Build a REST API with Golang and MongoDB - Echo Version
- Valeria: Introduction to HTTP & REST API
- Hajime Hoshi: Compiling a Go program into a native binary for Nintendo Switch™
- Demola Malomo: Build a REST API with Golang and MongoDB - Gorilla/Mux Version
- Valeria: Introduction to Go & WebDev
- Demola Malomo: Build a REST API with Golang and MongoDB - Gin-gonic Version
- Maurício Linhares: Why not build a Redis client in Golang?
- Clavin June: Listening to Random Available Port in Go
- MacBobby Chibuzor: Understanding and Crafting HTTP Middlewares in Go
- Ramu Mangalarapu: Simple REST API in Golang on Contact (non persistent and no authentication)
- abdfn: gosh - Run powershell and bash commands easly in go.
- Sadhan Sarker: Up and Running with gRPC
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - House Robber
- Maina Wycliffe: Writing Tests for MongoDB using Dockertest in Go
- Georgios Kampitakis: Snapshot testing in Golang
- yanoandri: Playing with Environment Variables in Golang
- Matt Angelosanto: How to build a blockchain from scratch with Go
- Joash Xu: Go limit service time per request
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: Go Lang Tutorial: Introduction
- Cian Gallagher: Switchboard - Simplify file organisation on your machine/s.
- Aneesh Anil: Using Cloud Firestore Emulator for local development
- Bharghava Varun Ayada: Context Cancellation in Go
- abdfn: Doko - 🐳 docker you know but with console user interface.
- xuri: Excelize 2.5.0 Released - Go language API for spreadsheets (Excel) files
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Search in Rotated Sorted Array
- Moch. Sudharmono: Golang Echo
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: Go Lang Tutorial: Data Types
- Mustafa: Learning Go #2
- Mangtas: Backend Golang Developers (Fulltime, Remote)
- Joash Xu: Go limit service time per user
Our Repo Picks
- google/log4jscanner (Go): A log4j vulnerability filesystem scanner and Go package for analyzing JAR files.
- cockroachdb/cockroach (Go): CockroachDB - the open source, cloud-native distributed SQL database.
- inancgumus/learngo (Go): 1000+ Hand-Crafted Go Examples, Exercises, and Quizzes
- whitesource/log4j-detect-distribution (Go): undefined
- hajimehoshi/ebiten (Go): A dead simple 2D game library for Go
- syncthing/syncthing (Go): Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- trustwallet/assets (Go): A comprehensive, up-to-date collection of information about several thousands (!) of crypto tokens.
- hibiken/asynq (Go): Simple, reliable, and efficient distributed task queue in Go
- algorand/go-algorand (Go): Algorand's official implementation in Go.
- photoprism/photoprism (Go): Photos App powered by Go and Google TensorFlow 🌈 🎄
- v2fly/v2ray-core (Go): A platform for building proxies to bypass network restrictions.
- aquasecurity/tfsec (Go): Security scanner for your Terraform code
- lightningnetwork/lnd (Go): Lightning Network Daemon ⚡️
- qax-os/excelize (Go): Golang library for reading and writing Microsoft Excel™ (XLSX) files.
- Hackmanit/Web-Cache-Vulnerability-Scanner (Go): Web Cache Vulnerability Scanner is a Go-based CLI tool for testing for web cache poisoning. It is developed by Hackmanit GmbH (http://hackmanit.de/).
- runatlantis/atlantis (Go): Terraform Pull Request Automation
- caddyserver/caddy (Go): Fast, multi-platform web server with automatic HTTPS
- containers/podman (Go): Podman: A tool for managing OCI containers and pods.
- gravitl/netmaker (Go): Netmaker makes networks with WireGuard. Netmaker automates fast, secure, and distributed virtual networks.
- go-gitea/gitea (Go): Git with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- quii/learn-go-with-tests (Go): Learn Go with test-driven development
- adnanh/webhook (Go): webhook is a lightweight incoming webhook server to run shell commands
- didi/nightingale (Go): 💡 A Distributed and High-Performance Monitoring System. Prometheus enterprise UI
- Go Install & $PATH (MacOS
- Excelize 2.5.0 Released – Go language API for spreadsheet (Excel) document
- Leitura de Arquivo de texto UTF-8
- Passing array by Reference vs Values
- Alternate asterisks square
- Import "fmt" is a program, not an importable package package command-line-arguments, imports fmt: cannot find package
- Tutorial Generic code - Code error
- BrokenImport unable to load package
- Goland Backend Engineer - 2 years experience - US based - Remote
- Colly Web Scraper
- ECDSA signing in Go
- Builtin functions with user type definition
- Syntax error when declaring a function?
- Use value receiver for slice based type?
- Go Build - MIPS I Environment
- Info about buffo ReadBytes function
- Missing functions with CGO & ARMv5
- Go testing Error Missing call(s)
- Run two or more Webview instances
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄