TLWI Golang #65
Hey there, lovely readers! Welcome back to another fun-filled edition of our weekly newsletter. This week, we’ve got some exciting and informative links to share with you. Are you ready? Let’s dive right in!
First up, we’ve got some great tips on how to use Golang Maps. If you’re a programmer or interested in programming, we’re sure you’ve heard of Golang- one of the most popular languages out there. But what about Golang Maps? This link will give you some valuable insight on this feature.
Next, if you’re not familiar with The Go programming language, it’s time to get acquainted. Developers love Go’s simple syntax and fast build times. If you’ve never heard of it before, this link is worth checking out.
As a content writer, I’ve personally found this amazing tool called the prompt theme engine for any shell which has streamlined my writing process. It’s a must-read for any writer, and it’s sure to make your workflow more efficient.
If you’re a Go newbie, have no fear. We’ve got you covered with Golang 101: İşaretçiler (Pointers). Pointers refer to memory addresses, and they’re an essential part of learning Go. Check out this link to learn more.
Lastly, if you’re tired of Kubernetes misconfigurations in production, Datree is here to help! It’s a CLI tool that ensures K8s manifests and Helm charts follow best practices as well as your organization’s policies. Its documentation can be found here https://hub.datree.io.
That's it for this week folks! Thanks for reading, and we hope to see you again next week.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- PTerm - A Go module to beautify console output. Featuring charts, progressbars, tables, trees, and much more (6 days ago)
- sync: ExampleWaitGroup includes an porn website url · Issue #48886 · golang/go (1 day ago)
- Go + Python == Go+ The Go+ language for engineering, STEM education, and data science (7 days ago)
- Wrote a Chip8 emulator to teach myself Go, it is one of the most comfortable languages I have ever used. (5 days ago)
- I've made a Pong clone with multiplayer support using gorilla websockets, implemented the renderer with OpenGL 3.3 using C (used CGo) (5 days ago)
- You Don't Need a Library for File Walking in Go (2 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Prashant Ghildiyal: Let's Learn Kubernetes - Basics - 3
- Ankit Pokhrel: Jira CLI: The Missing Command-line Tool for Atlassian Jira
- Fatih Baltacı: Ddosify | High-performance load testing tool, written in Golang (opensource) ⚡
- Visarut Phusua: A boilerplate for fiber versioning
- ynwd: How to setup golang backend and react frontend in a monorepo
- kuldeep_singh: Golang Map Tutorial
- masaushi: [golang] Generating getter/setter methods easily
- Sam Newby: Using Chi as a router for Go APIs
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Product of Array Except Self
- Aydın Yakar: Golang 101: İşaretçiler (Pointers)
- Bek Brace: Go .. C of 21st century
- Krypton: What is Go?
- Eray Ates: Embed map in JSON output
- Breno Almeida: Introdução à Linguagem Go
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Unique Paths
- birowo: CONCURRENT TCP SERVER
- Isabelle COWAN-BERGMAN: Exfiltrating your own data from a PaaS (PostgreSQL Unprivileged Replication)
- Eternal Dev: How to use Golang Maps?
- M Fariz Wisnu prananda: How to calculate your age on mars
- Joram Wambugu: Part Two: Integrating MPesa B2C API
- Breno Almeida: Concorrência em Go
- Eutychus Towett: Database migration with Golang Goose
- Dênis Mendes: Running Golang tests in docker container
- Julian van den Berkmortel: Feedback on Prometheus exporter written in Golang for Magento 2
Our Repo Picks
- goplus/gop (Go): GoPlus - The Go+ language for engineering, STEM education, and data science
- mattermost/mattermost-server (Go): Mattermost is an open source platform for secure collaboration across the entire software development lifecycle.
- argoproj/argo-cd (Go): Declarative continuous deployment for Kubernetes.
- OpenIMSDK/Open-IM-Server (Go): OpenIM：由前微信技术专家打造的基于 Go 实现的即时通讯（IM）项目，从服务端到客户端 SDK 开源即时通讯（IM）整体解决方案，可以轻松替代第三方 IM 云服务，打造具备聊天、社交功能的 app。
- sourcegraph/sourcegraph (Go): Universal code search (self-hosted)
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- JanDeDobbeleer/oh-my-posh (Go): A prompt theme engine for any shell.
- panjf2000/ants (Go): 🐜🐜🐜 ants is a high-performance and low-cost goroutine pool in Go, inspired by fasthttp./ ants 是一个高性能且低损耗的 goroutine 池。
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- datreeio/datree (Go): Prevent Kubernetes misconfigurations from reaching production (again 😤 )! Datree is a CLI tool to ensure K8s manifests and Helm charts follow best practices as well as your organization’s policies. See our docs: https://hub.datree.io
- go-kratos/kratos (Go): A Go framework for microservices.
- panjf2000/gnet (Go): 🚀 gnet is a high-performance, lightweight, non-blocking, event-driven networking framework written in pure Go./ gnet 是一个高性能、轻量级、非阻塞的事件驱动 Go 网络框架。
- dapr/dapr (Go): Dapr is a portable, event-driven, runtime for building distributed applications across cloud and edge.
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- milvus-io/milvus (Go): An open-source vector database for embedding similarity search and AI applications.
- minio/minio (Go): High Performance, Kubernetes Native Object Storage
- istio/istio (Go): Connect, secure, control, and observe services.
- kubernetes-sigs/external-dns (Go): Configure external DNS servers (AWS Route53, Google CloudDNS and others) for Kubernetes Ingresses and Services
- DataDog/datadog-agent (Go): Datadog Agent
- go-gitea/gitea (Go): Git with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service
- kubevirt/kubevirt (Go): Kubernetes Virtualization API and runtime in order to define and manage virtual machines.
- sirupsen/logrus (Go): Structured, pluggable logging for Go.
- rebuy-de/aws-nuke (Go): Nuke a whole AWS account and delete all its resources.
- micro/micro (Go): Micro is a distributed cloud operating system
- De/Serializing interface data
- How to participate in a golang project, since go get is version locked?
- How to find the source code for a method?
- exec.Command using sudo from a rootless process
- Vs code go - auto generate missing method/func stubs
- Senior Software Engineer - AcreTrader
- GoLang Dynamic logging
- Slice to slice assignments
- Go project directory
- Go Developer Job Search Engine
- Should methods that do not change the object be functions?
- Why this generic function does not work?
- Remove GPS data from images
- How to clean the obj directory?
- How to copy a map with pointers?
- Can i integrate socket.io with fiber
- Go-lang installation without admin rights
- Fsockopen and is_resource in golang
- I think the p256MulInternal and p256SqlInternal functions would benefit from AVX512 instructions
- Can not write cookie
- Ready: a small program to run tasks before a commit
- Channels and variadic parameters compiler problem
- Shipping Go program that uses /google/gopacket/pcap
- Code review for new command line app with cobra, pls help
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄