TLWI Golang #62
Hey there, fellow tech enthusiasts! It's time for another edition of our weekly newsletter. We've got some exciting stuff to share, so let's dive right into it!
First up, we've got a quirk that might leave you scratching your head if you're new to Go. If you've ever faced issues with reading from a channel in a goroutine, fear not, as we've got a solution for you. Check out this link for some useful insights.
Next on our list is Nomad - an amazing workload orchestrator that's flexible and super easy to use. With native Consul and Vault integrations, deploying a mix of microservice, batch, containerized, and non-containerized applications has never been easier. Find out why we're so excited about it, and how it can make your life easier, by clicking on this link.
Third on the list is a solution that you'll surely find handy. Having trouble finding the right solution to LeetCode by Go? Look no further, because this link can help you out. With 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100%, and LeetCode 题解, you can finally breathe easy and up your game.
Our fourth link is a rather quirky one. Read about a node.js version manager that's ironically written in Go. If that's got you curious, click on this link to read more about it.
Finally, we've got a common issue that you might've encountered while running a go program through Java. The dreaded IllegalArgumentException can be a headache, but we've got you covered. Click on this link to discover the solution.
That's all for now, folks! We hope you found these links as interesting and helpful as we did. Don't forget to share your feedback with us- we can't wait to hear from you!
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- The difference between Go and Rust (2 days ago)
- Generic sorting functions added to the new
slicespackage: accepted (6 days ago)
- Phoenix 1.6.0 was released and dropped Node and Webpack completely for esbuild which is written in Go (4 days ago)
- Go team quiet week: issue tracker responses will be delayed · Issue #48615 · golang/go (5 days ago)
Our Article Picks
- Vic Shóstak: 💭 How to make clear & pretty error messages from the Go backend to your frontend?
- Prashant Ghildiyal: Let's Learn Kubernetes - Basics Part 1
- nuh yurduseven: Creating static web sites using Hugo
- Shannon: Unit testing Stdout in Go
- Weerasak Chongnguluam: Interface type literal
- Nikhil Akki: Bench-marking RESTful APIs | Part - II: On the Cloud
- Sam Newby: How to create Go files from Stub files like Laravel does
- Tarun Kumar J: Go/Golang Basics - Pointers and Functions
- Nikhil Akki: Bench-marking RESTful APIs
- Aditi Ahuja: Custom Prometheus Metrics with Go
- John Pham: Sending Slack Messages with Images using Go
- Wally Quevedo: Introducing go_test.mod
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - 3Sum closest
- Higor Diego: API do Jira com golang ❤
- Antonio Sánchez: Using the Amazon S3 SDK v2 for Go
- Pavel Kutáč: Recursive descent parser - expression calculator
- Tarun Kumar J: Go/Golang - Data Structures ( Arrays,Slices and Maps)
- Alexander Emelin: Centrifugo – scalable real-time messaging server (WebSocket, EventSource, GRPC, HTTP-streaming and SockJS)
- Amiruddin Saddam: String Manipulation With Golang
- Dominik Ágh: Chess Engine Journey Ch. 0: Let's build a Chess AI!
- Omkar Patil: Allons-y !
Our Repo Picks
- hashicorp/nomad (Go): Nomad is an easy-to-use, flexible, and performant workload orchestrator that can deploy a mix of microservice, batch, containerized, and non-containerized applications. Nomad is easy to operate and scale and has native Consul and Vault integrations.
- authelia/authelia (Go): The Single Sign-On Multi-Factor portal for web apps
- OpenIMSDK/Open-IM-Server (Go): Open-IM-Server is open source instant messaging Server.Backend in Go.
- yedf/dtm (Go): 🔥A cross-language distributed transaction manager. Support xa, tcc, saga, transactional messages. Go 分布式事务管理器
- unknwon/the-way-to-go_ZH_CN (Go): 《The Way to Go》中文译本，中文正式名《Go 入门指南》
- gofiber/fiber (Go): ⚡️ Express inspired web framework written in Go
- flipped-aurora/gin-vue-admin (Go): 基于 vite+vue3+gin 搭建的开发基础平台，集成 jwt 鉴权，权限管理，动态路由，分页封装，多点登录拦截，资源权限，上传下载，代码生成器，表单生成器等开发必备功能，五分钟一套 CURD 前后端代码，欢迎 issue 和 pr~
- hashicorp/vault (Go): A tool for secrets management, encryption as a service, and privileged access management
- git-lfs/git-lfs (Go): Git extension for versioning large files
- tinygo-org/tinygo (Go): Go compiler for small places. Microcontrollers, WebAssembly, and command-line tools. Based on LLVM.
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- cdle/sillyGirl (Go): 傻妞机器人
- elastic/beats (Go): 🐠 Beats - Lightweight shippers for Elasticsearch & Logstash
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- knadh/listmonk (Go): High performance, self-hosted, newsletter and mailing list manager with a modern dashboard. Single binary app.
- open-telemetry/opentelemetry-go (Go): OpenTelemetry Go API and SDK
- coreybutler/nvm-windows (Go): A node.js version management utility for Windows. Ironically written in Go.
- XTLS/Xray-core (Go): Xray, Penetrates Everything. Also the best v2ray-core, with XTLS support. Fully compatible configuration.
- milvus-io/milvus (Go): An open-source vector database for embedding similarity search and AI applications.
- VictoriaMetrics/VictoriaMetrics (Go): VictoriaMetrics: fast, cost-effective monitoring solution and time series database
- openfaas/faas (Go): OpenFaaS - Serverless Functions Made Simple
- nats-io/nats-server (Go): High-Performance server for NATS.io, the cloud and edge native messaging system.
- argoproj/argo-workflows (Go): Workflow engine for Kubernetes
- tidwall/gjson (Go): Get JSON values quickly - JSON parser for Go
- Execute multiple functions in one function
- How to repeat for loop after one is finished?
- New to GOLANG. Need guidance
- Printing a document to a printer
- Beginner advice for migrating from Django
- I started building a new Go course: Concurrency Deep Dive
- Getting wrong values from the query or can't properly store received data from the database to a variable
- Go module - go get not able to install major version
- Timeout multiple goroutines
- IllegalArgumentException while running go program through Java
- Cannot read from channel in a goroutine
- I can't send '-march=native' to gcc from CGo
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄