TLWI Golang #49
Go team quiet weeks, Explain Go Concurrency Worker Pool Patterns to me like I’m five, Go 1.17 is deprecating the traditional use of 'go get', Handy one liners in Go codebases, Spotify for the terminal in Go. Here is your Golang Weekly curation for Wed Jun 30 2021.
Hot Go Articles This Week On Reddit
- Go team quiet weeks (4 days ago)
- Explain Go Concurrency Worker Pool Patterns to me like I’m five (2 days ago)
- Go 1.17 is deprecating the traditional use of 'go get' (5 days ago)
- Handy one liners in Go codebases (4 days ago)
- Spotify for the terminal in Go (3 days ago)
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Ankit Anand ✨: How to set up Golang application performance monitoring with open source monitoring tool
- Harsh Mangalam: Image upload using Golang and React
- jonasbn: TIL: Learning Go
- jonasbn: TIL: Colorful test output in Go
- Salah Elhossiny: Building Dynamic Urls In Go
- Rafael Firmino: Pagination using Gorm scopes
- Matija Krajnik: Server configuration
- Matija Krajnik: Logging
- Matija Krajnik: Docker deploy
- Matija Krajnik: Graceful shutdown
- Matija Krajnik: Custom validation errors
- Matija Krajnik: Tests
- Matija Krajnik: Starting Gin server
- Matija Krajnik: Custom database errors
- Matija Krajnik: Structure project directories
- Matija Krajnik: JWT authentication
- Matija Krajnik: Hashing password
- Matija Krajnik: Adding user
- Matija Krajnik: Deploy and stop scripts
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Valid Parentheses
- Daniil Maslov: Run tests with -race flag in GoLand 🏎
- Matija Krajnik: Connecting with database
- Matija Krajnik: Go modules and private GIT repositories
- Matija Krajnik: Add React frontend
- Matija Krajnik: Form validations
- Matija Krajnik: Migrations
- Naveen: Insertion sort using go
- Matija Krajnik: Add user posts
- jonasbn: TIL: Skipping Tests in Go
- Sreram K: Go: sync.Map's LoadAndDelete and LoadOrStore. Why are they needed?
- Matija Krajnik: Web app development guide using Golang, Gin and React
- Abdullah Adeel (AB): Reason for Developing in GO
- codebangkok: Go Programming - Fiber Web Framework
- Rıdvan Tülemen: LDAP Authentication in Golang with Bind and Search
- Mario Carrion: Building Microservices in Go: REST APIs - Versioning
- Javad Rajabzade: Go Power for vscode
- Teo Dev: Moldy mi nuevo proyecto
- tech-with-moss: Go programming project tutorial series: Build a Slack Bot with Go
- Rıdvan Tülemen: Golang'de LDAP Authentication, Bind ve Search
- ninedraft: Go, функциональное программирование
- Santosh Anand: Simple Server With Iris Framework
- Konrad Chmielecki: mój początek
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- maaslalani/slides (Go): Terminal based presentation tool
- junegunn/fzf (Go): 🌸 A command-line fuzzy finder
- gin-gonic/gin (Go): Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance -- up to 40 times faster. If you need smashing performance, get yourself some Gin.
- milvus-io/milvus (Go): An open source vector database powered by Faiss, NMSLIB and Annoy
- moby/moby (Go): Moby Project - a collaborative project for the container ecosystem to assemble container-based systems
- HDT3213/godis (Go): A Golang implemented Redis Server and Cluster. Go 语言实现的 Redis 服务器和分布式集群
- six-ddc/plow (Go): A high-performance HTTP benchmarking tool with real-time web UI and terminal displaying
- helm/helm (Go): The Kubernetes Package Manager
- go-kratos/kratos (Go): A Go framework for microservices.
- GoesToEleven/GolangTraining (Go): Training for Golang (go language)
- inancgumus/learngo (Go): 1000+ Hand-Crafted Go Examples, Exercises, and Quizzes
- tal-tech/go-zero (Go): go-zero is a web and rpc framework written in Go. It's born to ensure the stability of the busy sites with resilient design. Builtin goctl greatly improves the development productivity.
- golang/go (Go): The Go programming language
- gofiber/fiber (Go): ⚡️ Express inspired web framework written in Go
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Nuclei is a fast tool for configurable targeted vulnerability scanning based on templates offering massive extensibility and ease of use.
- bytedance/sonic (Go): A blazingly fast JSON serializing & deserializing library
- istio/istio (Go): Connect, secure, control, and observe services.
- gogf/gf (Go): GoFrame is a modular, powerful, high-performance and enterprise-class application development framework of Golang.
- kubernetes-sigs/external-dns (Go): Configure external DNS servers (AWS Route53, Google CloudDNS and others) for Kubernetes Ingresses and Services
- cli/cli (Go): GitHub’s official command line tool
- hashicorp/nomad (Go): Nomad is an easy-to-use, flexible, and performant workload orchestrator that can deploy a mix of microservice, batch, containerized, and non-containerized applications. Nomad is easy to operate and scale and has native Consul and Vault integrations.
- muesli/duf (Go): Disk Usage/Free Utility - a better 'df' alternative
- kubernetes/ingress-nginx (Go): NGINX Ingress Controller for Kubernetes
- kubernetes-sigs/kind (Go): Kubernetes IN Docker - local clusters for testing Kubernetes
- jaegertracing/jaeger (Go): CNCF Jaeger, a Distributed Tracing Platform
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Just started with Go, directly had to submit a PR w.r.t. the golang.org site
- Go public web server vulnerabilities
- Cron schedules aren't correct
- Deleting repository
- Why are people malcontent about this?
- Pass input to a command via golang
- How to send a specific lenght of chunk of data + delay
- How to make a client auto-reconnect back to the server
- 3 Go Developer Positions
- Thread-safe operation with Stdout and Stderr
- How do I get the original string which a
*html.Nodewas parsed from?
- Passing empty interface changes type
- Getting an error with docstore driver to communicate with mongoDB(Azure cosmos DB)
- Help with reading Time from json
- How do I implement this logic in golang?
- P2P network designed for computation alpha release
- Keep getting fatal error: all goroutines are asleep - deadlock!
- Run goroutine for t duration
- When input an empty json slice, it is transferred as "nil", instead of ""
- Should setting GOVCS to git for a private repo prevent the VCS resolution request?
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Image credit: Katerina Kerdi
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄