TLWI Golang #44
Gopher Gold weekly curation for Wed May 26 2021.
Go Articles This Week On Dev.To
- Calin Baenen: Is there a way to have custom typecasting in GoLang?
- Sophia Brandt: How I Setup Go With Vim
- C Turner: Verifying Cognito JWT tokens in go
- Mike Meyer: Build a Go REST API with Fiber and MongoDB
- Calin Baenen: What was the name of that one game, again?
- Samuel Grasse-Haroldsen: Coding Conway's Game of Life in Go
- Umesh Chaudhary: Blog Project with Go, Gin, MySQL and Docker - Part 1
- Arsh Sharma: Race Conditions In Golang
- Josué Andrés: gRPC Hola mundo con golang
- Jonathan Law: Scrapping LINE stickers with Golang
- Azizul Haque Ananto: Create your own blazing fast mock server with just a JSON file!
- Lucifer Chase: What the heck is defer in golang?
- Calin Baenen: Is there any difference between struct embedding and defining a field with the struct you want to embed?
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode Sqrt(x)
- Akatsuki: Magia: GBA emulator written in golang.
- Nick Santos: Go Rant: Buffered Channels Should be Tossed in a Fire
- Mofizur Rahman: Go Crash Course Part X: Interfaces, Type Cast and Type Switching
- Mario Carrion: Building Microservices in Go: Services in Domain Driven Design
- Poly: Why should you learn Go?
- Alexandre Couedelo: Properly Welcome Users in Slack with Golang using Socket Mode
- umatare5: Need network automation? You may choose "telee" instead of NAPALM
Trending Go Repositories This Week On Github
- ethersphere/bee (Go): Bee is a Swarm client implemented in Go. It’s the basic building block for the Swarm network: a private; decentralized; censorship-resistant and self-sustaining network for storing your (application) data.
- gwuhaolin/livego (Go): live video streaming server in golang
- AkihiroSuda/lima (Go): Linux virtual machines, on macOS (aka "Linux-on-Mac", "macOS subsystem for Linux", "containerd for Mac", unofficially)
- minio/minio (Go): High Performance, Kubernetes Native Object Storage
- hashicorp/vault (Go): A tool for secrets management, encryption as a service, and privileged access management
- auxten/go-sqldb (Go): A pure golang SQL database for learning database theory
- dapr/dapr (Go): Dapr is a portable, event-driven, runtime for building distributed applications across cloud and edge.
- prometheus/prometheus (Go): The Prometheus monitoring system and time series database.
- drone/drone (Go): Drone is a Container-Native, Continuous Delivery Platform
- gin-gonic/gin (Go): Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance -- up to 40 times faster. If you need smashing performance, get yourself some Gin.
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws (Go): Terraform AWS provider
- terraform-providers/terraform-provider-azurerm (Go): Terraform provider for Azure Resource Manager
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- kubernetes/ingress-nginx (Go): NGINX Ingress Controller for Kubernetes
- zyedidia/micro (Go): A modern and intuitive terminal-based text editor
- vitessio/vitess (Go): Vitess is a database clustering system for horizontal scaling of MySQL.
- FiloSottile/mkcert (Go): A simple zero-config tool to make locally trusted development certificates with any names you'd like.
- helm/helm (Go): The Kubernetes Package Manager
- tal-tech/go-zero (Go): go-zero is a web and rpc framework written in Go. It's born to ensure the stability of the busy sites with resilient design. Builtin goctl greatly improves the development productivity.
- cilium/cilium (Go): eBPF-based Networking, Security, and Observability
- matrix-org/dendrite (Go): Dendrite is a second-generation Matrix homeserver written in Go!
- temporalio/temporal (Go): Temporal service and CLI
- aler9/rtsp-simple-server (Go): ready-to-use RTSP / RTMP / HLS server and proxy that allows to read, publish and proxy video and audio streams
- knadh/listmonk (Go): High performance, self-hosted newsletter and mailing list manager with a modern dashboard. Single binary app.
Topics from the Weekly Go Forum
- Using sed in golang
- Noob package/library question
- How to make a package general
- Why is
- Command Line Flags/Arguments
- Is this a Race Condition?
- Dynamically compile & execute go code at runtime
- Noob looking for development answers
- Question about modifying struct in map
- Golang gin rest api
- Golang currency conversion: are exchange rates transitive?
- Help with old-style API
- Killing Linux Process by it's name/command in go
- Type switch with slices
- Go testing: your approach and opinion
- Senior Software Engineer @ Puppet
- Help in setting up
- Creating a blog
- Is 2017 Web Dev workshop out of date?
- Struct with an embedded method to another struct
- Interpl1 with golang (like matlab)
- [Remote] Senior Go developer for a data science developer tool project
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them on Twitter @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄