Hey there, newsletter readers! 👋
Welcome back to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter! We hope you all had a fantastic week filled with tech adventures and coding conquests. 🚀✨
In this week's edition, we have an eclectic mix of articles and resources that will tickle your tech taste buds and expand your knowledge. So buckle up and get ready for a wild ride through the world of technology!
First up, we have a captivating series called "WTF is Grpc?" where our intrepid author takes us on a journey to demystify this powerful framework. In Part 3: Real Time Chat, they dive into the nitty-gritty of using Golang and Flutter to create a real-time chat application. Get ready to level up your chat app game and explore the wonders of Grpc!
Next, we have an article that will resonate with all the tech warriors out there. Building a global deployment platform can be a daunting task, and our author understands the struggles all too well. In their insightful piece, they explain why it's so hard and provide some valuable insights into tackling the challenges. If you're on a deployment mission, this article is a must-read!
Now, hold on tight as we introduce you to a container platform that will blow your coding socks off! 🧦⚡️ Designed specifically for Kubernetes multi-cloud, datacenter, and edge management, this platform is your go-to solution for all your container needs. Don't believe us? Check out the awesomeness for yourself: ⎈ 🖥 ☁️
Moving on, we have something that every security-conscious developer will appreciate. A fast and customizable vulnerability scanner that operates based on a simple YAML-based DSL. Worried about vulnerabilities? No more! Find out more about this game-changing scanner here and see how it can help fortify your code.
Last but not least, for the adventurers craving some coding fun, we have an exhilarating Roguelike tutorial in Go. In Part 3 of "Grogue," our author takes us deeper into the world of roguelike game development using the power of Go. Prepare to immerse yourself in the realms of procedural generation, game mechanics, and maybe even some secret treasures along the way!
That's it for this week's newsletter, folks! We hope you enjoy diving into these fantastic articles and resources. 📚 Stay curious, keep learning, and have a tech-tastic week ahead!
Until next time, The Newsletter Team
Our Article Picks
- Calvin McLean: The Magic of Interfaces in Go
- Nik L: Using Golang to Build a Real-Time Notification System - A Step-by-Step Notification System Design Guide
- awedis: Trigger Lambda Function When New Image is Uploaded to S3 - (Let's Build 🏗️ Series)
- Mateus Vinícius: Não use funções puras com Go
- Georgios Kampitakis: HTTP Connection churn in GO
- marcuskohlberg: Storing Secrets Securely for Go Cloud Applications 🔑
- Fábio Ribeiro: Distribuindo uma aplicação Go sem o Docker
- Rak: Cloud Secrets with Nitric SDK in Go
- marcuskohlberg: Create and deploy a backend API with PostgreSQL database in Go
- Abhishek Gupta: Generative AI Apps With Amazon Bedrock: Getting Started for Go Developers
- Elton Minetto: New in Go 1.21: Toolchains
- Neil Syiemlieh: ltag: A little CLI tool for tagged text searching
- Kshitij (kd): Abstract to Go: Quad Trees
- Yoofi Quansah: Experimenting on the Edge with Turso and Go 🧪
- Prathamesh Tamanekar: Concurrency in Go/Golang: A Comprehensive Guide
- Odewole Abdul-Jemeel: A Comprehensive Introduction to Golang
- Md. Mobin: WTF is Grpc? Part 3: Real time Chat ft. Flutter and Golang
- Drew Schillinger: Building a Fargate API Server with Go, Gin, Docker, and AWS Copilot
- nchika: simple markdown builder in golang
- Volker B. Duetsch: What’s the Golang Pareto for an Golang developer?
- k.yamashita: Is File Size Enough for Image Validation?
- Jason Content: Head First Go Book Review
- Adrian Brad: Announcing v1.3.0 of my queue package implemented in Golang
- Jack: Explaining A/B testing algorithm
- Clayton Kehoe: Have multiple config file types in a project? Here’s a single tool to validate them all!
- Uzeyr OZ: Gin Framework (Go)
- Mark: Practical Go concurrency
- Vaunt: Dynamic SQL Template with Golang
- alisdairbr: Building a global deployment platform is hard, here is why
- Just-maple: Use Gozz to Manage Your Golang Struct Field Tags Formats Automatically
- Sean Callaway: Grogue: A Roguelike Tutorial in Go (Part 3)
- Wagner Mattei: CloudGaming Part 2: That code was terrible lol
- luxion: Use golang to encapsulate and implement scan code login
Our Repo Picks
- apache/incubator-answer (Go): A Q&A platform software for teams at any scales. Whether it's a community forum, help center, or knowledge management platform, you can always count on Answer.
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- IceWhaleTech/CasaOS (Go): CasaOS - A simple, easy-to-use, elegant open-source Personal Cloud system.
- minio/minio (Go): High Performance Object Storage for AI
- radius-project/radius (Go): Radius is a cloud-native, portable application platform that makes app development easier for teams building cloud-native apps.
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Fast and customizable vulnerability scanner based on simple YAML based DSL.
- syncthing/syncthing (Go): Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- fsnotify/fsnotify (Go): Cross-platform file system notifications for Go.
- apernet/hysteria (Go): Hysteria is a powerful, lightning fast and censorship resistant proxy.
- cosmos/cosmos-sdk (Go): ⛓️ A Framework for Building High Value Public Blockchains ✨
- trpc-group/trpc-go (Go): A pluggable, high-performance RPC framework written in golang
- klauspost/compress (Go): Optimized Go Compression Packages
- ansible-semaphore/semaphore (Go): Modern UI for Ansible
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-aws (Go): Terraform AWS provider
- rancher/rancher (Go): Complete container management platform
- aws/karpenter (Go): Karpenter is a Kubernetes Node Autoscaler built for flexibility, performance, and simplicity.
- pulumi/pulumi (Go): Pulumi - Infrastructure as Code in any programming language. Build infrastructure intuitively on any cloud using familiar languages 🚀
- FxPool/FXMinerProxy (Go): 🔥minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,minerproxy,矿池抽水,矿池中转,矿场运维专用
- hashicorp/vault (Go): A tool for secrets management, encryption as a service, and privileged access management
- kubesphere/kubesphere (Go): The container platform tailored for Kubernetes multi-cloud, datacenter, and edge management ⎈ 🖥 ☁️
- sundowndev/phoneinfoga (Go): Information gathering framework for phone numbers
- milvus-io/milvus (Go): A cloud-native vector database, storage for next generation AI applications
- zyedidia/micro (Go): A modern and intuitive terminal-based text editor
- cloudreve/Cloudreve (Go): 🌩 支持多家云存储的云盘系统 (Self-hosted file management and sharing system, supports multiple storage providers)
- loft-sh/vcluster (Go): vCluster - Create fully functional virtual Kubernetes clusters - Each vcluster runs inside a namespace of the underlying k8s cluster. It's cheaper than creating separate full-blown clusters and it offers better multi-tenancy and isolation than regular namespaces.
- Parse html syntax to golang template
- How to configure gorm to store date in a specific format in sqlite?
- Screenshot with wayland
- Cannot import a package defined in own Go module
- Problems with CGO and PKCS11.h in Windows 10
- How to apply a multiple check constraint in gorm with sqlite?
- Deploying go exe on IIS 10 (windows11)
- Golang Software Engineer (USA/Remote/4 Years Contract)
- The problem with splitting tests into separate files
- Performance difference of type definitions
- Key-Value DB Front End Module
- Inconsistent behavior with pointers to empty struct
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄