🎉 Welcome to this week's exciting newsletter! 📰
We have some fantastic topics in store for you today, so prepare yourself for a whirlwind of knowledge and fun! 🌪️ So, grab a cup of coffee, get cozy, and let's dive right in! ☕
First on the list, we have something that will make Elasticsearch and Logstash users jump for joy! 🐠 Beats is here to save the day with its lightweight shipping capabilities. Say goodbye to heavy resource consumption and hello to seamless data transfer! 📦
Next up, we have a fascinating discussion on the art of detecting as a virus. 🦠 Don't worry, we're not talking about your computer catching a cold! We're referring to a thought-provoking article that explores the nuances of identifying and handling viruses in the digital realm. If you're as intrigued as we are, you won't want to miss this one! Learn more.
Are you itching to level up your Kubernetes Operator skills? 🚀 Well, we've got just the thing for you! This week, we'll be exploring the ins and outs of writing tests for a Kubernetes Operator. Trust us, after reading this article, you'll be test-writing like a pro! Check it out and get ready to become a testing superstar! ⭐
Now, let's switch gears a bit and delve into the exciting world of Type Safety in Software Development. 🚦 This topic may sound technical, but fear not! We'll break it down in a way that everyone can understand and appreciate. So, if you've ever wondered about the importance of type safety, this article is a must-read! Discover more and embrace the power of type-safety!
Lastly, we have an incredible solution that's making waves in the world of distributed infrastructure. 🌐 Say hello to Consul! 🙌 This highly available and data center-aware tool aims to connect and configure applications across dynamic environments seamlessly. Get ready to embrace a whole new level of infrastructure management. Learn all about it! 🤝
That's it for this week, folks! We hope you're as excited about these topics as we are. As always, stay curious, keep learning, and have an amazing week ahead! 🌟
Our Article Picks
- Rodrigo Victor: Retrieve the CDN link of a file sent to S3 by the Lambda function on AWS
- Benjamen Pyle: WebSocket with AWS API Gateway
- Elton Minetto: Writing tests for a Kubernetes Operator
- rsteube: Go is bigger than crab!
- marcuskohlberg: Type Safety in Software Development
- Amal Satheesan: Getting your basics ready | Data types, Control flow, and Functions in GOLANG
- marcuskohlberg: Build a Type-Safe Web App with Encore + Next.js
- Patrice Ferlet: Understand how to use C libraries in Go, with CGO
- Rak: Secure Upload URLs Buckets with Nitric in Go
- Dsysd Dev: Building a Golang Project from Scratch — Zero to Hero — Part 2
- Rak: Only process events once, (pub/sub) using Nitric in GO
- Simon Martyr: Too Good To Go Go
- Pedro Bertao: Golang 1.21 is here (Part 3)
- Pavel Sanikovich: Golang sync.Pool benefits + Benchmarks
- blackbutler: I am a programmer from China.I am a programmer from China and am available to take on some projects.
- Kashif Soofi: Integration Test SQL Server Store with testcontainers-go
- Alexey Shevelyov: Achieving High-Level Atomic Operations in Go
- Tony Wang: The Architecture of a Web Crawler: Building a Google-Inspired Distributed Web Crawler. Part 1
- Tatiana Caciur: How to Wrap Your Terraform Provider for Pulumi
- Sullyvan Nunes: Today's LeetCode's challenge 2023/10/13
- Hamed Naeemaei: Golang Web API Course: Create starter project with a simple health check endpoint
- luxion: A login authentication Golang library
- rsteube: Puking Rainbows
- Daniel Puig Gerarde: Google Cloud Run: A serverless platform for containerized applications
- Prem: Reversing Vowels in a String Using Two Pointers in Golang
- Prem: Planting Flowers with No Adjacent Restrictions
- Pujithreddy: DB POOL
- Sean Callaway: Grogue: A Roguelike Tutorial in Go (Part 0)
- Kshitij (kd): Resilient Systems using Go: Circuit Breaker
- koderehan: Building a Web Application Framework in Go
- Julian Li: GitHub Trending Insight
- Sergio Matone: Handling Rate Limits in GetStream API Calls in Go leveraging Channels and Goroutines
- Sean Callaway: Grogue: A Roguelike Tutorial in Go (Part 1)
- Tony Dev: Compare the Top Programming Languages: Which One is Right for You?
- Siddhesh Khandagale: Dockerizing Golang CLI Tool - A Step-by-Step Guide
- Marlo Henrique: Entendendo as métricas do K6 - Parte 1
- Mateus Vinícius: Quando menos é mais - Escalando uma API em Golang
Our Repo Picks
- zeromicro/go-zero (Go): A cloud-native Go microservices framework with cli tool for productivity.
- jmorganca/ollama (Go): Get up and running with Llama 2 and other large language models locally
- ccfos/nightingale (Go): An all-in-one observability solution which aims to combine the advantages of Prometheus and Grafana. It manages alert rules and visualizes metrics, logs, traces in a beautiful web UI.
- go-kratos/kratos (Go): Your ultimate Go microservices framework for the cloud-native era.
- jackc/pgx (Go): PostgreSQL driver and toolkit for Go
- flyteorg/flyte (Go): Scalable and flexible workflow orchestration platform that seamlessly unifies data, ML and analytics stacks.
- apernet/hysteria (Go): Hysteria is a powerful, lightning fast and censorship resistant proxy.
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- ehang-io/nps (Go): 一款轻量级、高性能、功能强大的内网穿透代理服务器。支持 tcp、udp、socks5、http 等几乎所有流量转发，可用来访问内网网站、本地支付接口调试、ssh 访问、远程桌面，内网 dns 解析、内网 socks5 代理等等……，并带有功能强大的 web 管理端。a lightweight, high-performance, powerful intranet penetration proxy server, with a powerful web management terminal.
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- argoproj/argo-cd (Go): Declarative Continuous Deployment for Kubernetes
- cilium/cilium (Go): eBPF-based Networking, Security, and Observability
- labring/sealos (Go): Sealos is a Kubernetes distribution offering comprehensive solutions for both public and private clouds. https://sealos.io
- go-admin-team/go-admin (Go): 基于 Gin + Vue + Element UI & Arco Design & Ant Design 的前后端分离权限管理系统脚手架（包含了：多租户的支持，基础用户管理功能，jwt 鉴权，代码生成器，RBAC 资源控制，表单构建，定时任务等）3 分钟构建自己的中后台项目；项目文档》：https://www.go-admin.pro V2 Demo： https://vue2.go-admin.dev V3 Demo： https://vue3.go-admin.dev Antd 订阅版：https://antd.go-admin.pro
- pressly/goose (Go): A database migration tool. Supports SQL migrations and Go functions.
- photoprism/photoprism (Go): AI-Powered Photos App for the Decentralized Web 🌈💎✨
- a-h/templ (Go): A language for writing HTML user interfaces in Go.
- bitmagnet-io/bitmagnet (Go): A self-hosted BitTorrent indexer, DHT crawler, content classifier and torrent search engine with web UI, GraphQL API and Servarr stack integration.
- hashicorp/consul (Go): Consul is a distributed, highly available, and data center aware solution to connect and configure applications across dynamic, distributed infrastructure.
- bytebase/bytebase (Go): World's most advanced database DevOps and CI/CD for Developer, DBA and Platform Engineering team.
- sourcegraph/conc (Go): Better structured concurrency for go
- openimsdk/open-im-server (Go): IM Chat
- elastic/beats (Go): 🐠 Beats - Lightweight shippers for Elasticsearch & Logstash
- securego/gosec (Go): Golang security checker
- Golang hurdles (extra chars to keep topic edit happen)
- How to call shared object function (loaded dynamically) from pointer in Go?
- Go local modules
- Detecting as a virus
- First Golang install on Linux
- How to add funcmap to html template
- SQL server error test api error
- Append data inside array
- Golang Developer (f/m/d) @ United Internet in Germany
- Working out transaction rate
- In GORM how can I delete all rows that have the same ID in all tables?
- Convert PDF files to Word format Online without Email
- General feedback on project
- Reducing nil check check boilerplate
- Direct conversion between slice of string vs slice of subtype of string
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄