Hey there, tech enthusiasts!
Welcome to this week's exciting edition of our newsletter, where we dive into the latest developments and fascinating projects in the world of technology. We've got a fantastic lineup of articles and resources that are sure to tickle your tech-loving taste buds! So grab your favorite beverage, cozy up, and let's get this tech party started!
First up, we have a mind-boggling topic - Online Location Information Synchronization. Ever wondered how your favorite apps always know where you are? This fascinating article takes you on a deep dive into the world of location syncing, explaining the inner workings and algorithms that make it all possible. You'll be amazed at how accurate and synchronized your digital footprints can be! Read more about it here.
Next, we have something for the security-conscious among us - the OpenSSF Scorecard. If you're a fan of open source software and want to ensure its security, then this scorecard is your new best friend. Learn how to assess the security health metrics for open-source projects and contribute to making the digital world a safer place. Check it out here.
Looking to tinker with some fun hardware? Our next article has you covered! Discover the joy of using golang with GPIO on Raspberry 4 (Bullseye in particular). Whether you're a seasoned Raspberry Pi enthusiast or just starting out, this guide will walk you through the process of harnessing the power of the Raspberry Pi and Go to create some cool DIY projects. Find all the juicy details here.
Now, it's time to give our brains a workout and delve into the depths of CPU architecture. In our fourth featured article, we explore the mesmerizing world of Understanding CPU Cache and Prefetching in Go. Get ready to demystify the inner workings of your computer's processor and learn how to optimize your Go programs for blazing-fast performance. Prepare for some geeky enlightenment here.
Finally, for all you gaming enthusiasts out there, we've got a special treat - an intriguing article on how Cloud Gaming works! Ever wondered how those pixels on your screen come to life from the cloud? Dive into the world of game streaming and discover how to build your own game with GO, streaming the frames via WebRTC. Get your game face on and master the magic of Cloud Gaming here.
That's it for this week's edition, folks! We hope these captivating links provide you with inspiration, knowledge, and maybe even a sprinkle of the WOW-factor. Remember, technology is all about pushing boundaries and embracing the incredible possibilities that surround us.
Stay curious, stay adventurous, and keep exploring the thrilling world of tech!
Until next time, The Tech Newsletter Team
Our Article Picks
- Gernot Glawe: Stop LLM/GenAI hallucination fast: Serverless Kendra RAG with GO
- Honeybadger Staff: Error handling in Go: defer, panic, and recover
- Dsysd Dev: Let’s build our own protocol using tcp and net package in go, part 1
- marcuskohlberg: How to build a Slack Bot in Go
- Talha Altınel: Packaging Go for Arch Linux Tutorial
- Jack: Making Dynamic Website Thumbnail
- Wagner Mattei: How I think CloudGaming works + Building a Game with GO and Streaming the frames via WebRTC.
- Amal Shaji: Generating migrations for gorm with Atlas
- Jason Content: Azure VM Extensions, written in Go
- maneshwar: Crafting a Language Server in Golang: A VSCode LSP for Lama2
- Jason Content: Mastering writing Packages with Go when working with the Azure SDK.
- Wagner Mattei: Como o CloudGaming funciona + Criando um Jogo com GO e Transmitindo os quadros via WebRTC.
- Alexey Shevelyov: Understanding CPU Cache and Prefetching in Go
- Dmitry Shurco: 🛒 litecart - shopping-cart in 1 file
- Ayoub Ali: Mastering Golang Statements: Unknown to Expert
- Alexey Shevelyov: The Translation Lookaside Buffer (TLB) - The Cache Behind the Scenes
- vasanthkumar: Variables, types and Keywords in go
- aaronkao: Infrastructure as Code best practices
- Kashif Soofi: Integration Test MySQL Store (Go)
- Aceld: 16. Online Location Information Synchronization
- Zaenal Arifin: How to Hosting a Golang Project on Railway
- Nenba Jonathan: What is ULID and why should you start using it?
- Zaenal Arifin: Creating a Calculator with Golang<
- charly3pins: I generated my CV using Go templates
- kfurgol: Learn basic algorithms and data structures using Go - for free
- Amal Satheesan: How to Print Hello World in Go: A Beginner's Guide
- stereobooster: Markdown parsers
- Kevin Naidoo: Redis Queues in Golang
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: Managing Shared Resources with Mutex
- Rian Negreiros Dos Santos: Web Servers e Networking em Go
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: Working with Channels and Patterns
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: Synchronization Primitives in the
- 1amkaiz3n: Building telegoGPT: A Telegram Bot powered by ChatGPT API using Golang
Our Repo Picks
- apernet/hysteria (Go): Hysteria is a powerful, lightning fast and censorship resistant proxy.
- usememos/memos (Go): A privacy-first, lightweight note-taking service. Easily capture and share your great thoughts
- opentofu/opentofu (Go): OpenTofu lets you declaratively manage your cloud infrastructure.
- SagerNet/sing-box (Go): The universal proxy platform
- meshery/meshery (Go): Meshery, the cloud native manager
- ardanlabs/service (Go): Starter code for writing web services in Go using Kubernetes.
- ansible-semaphore/semaphore (Go): Modern UI for Ansible
- kopia/kopia (Go): Cross-platform backup tool for Windows, macOS & Linux with fast, incremental backups, client-side end-to-end encryption, compression and data deduplication. CLI and GUI included.
- mylxsw/aidea-server (Go): AIdea 是一款支持 GPT 以及国产大语言模型通义千问、文心一言等，支持 Stable Diffusion 文生图、图生图、 SDXL1.0、超分辨率、图片上色的全能型 APP。
- kubernetes-sigs/cluster-api (Go): Home for Cluster API, a subproject of sig-cluster-lifecycle
- jpillora/chisel (Go): A fast TCP/UDP tunnel over HTTP
- go-co-op/gocron (Go): Easy and fluent Go cron scheduling. This is a fork from https://github.com/jasonlvhit/gocron
- ray-project/kuberay (Go): A toolkit to run Ray applications on Kubernetes
- pulumi/pulumi (Go): Pulumi - Infrastructure as Code in any programming language. Build infrastructure intuitively on any cloud using familiar languages 🚀
- aquasecurity/trivy (Go): Find vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, secrets, SBOM in containers, Kubernetes, code repositories, clouds and more
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- heroiclabs/nakama (Go): Distributed server for social and realtime games and apps.
- smallstep/cli (Go): 🧰 A zero trust swiss army knife for working with X509, OAuth, JWT, OATH OTP, etc.
- argoproj/argo-workflows (Go): Workflow Engine for Kubernetes
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- evanw/esbuild (Go): An extremely fast bundler for the web
- dominikh/go-tools (Go): Staticcheck - The advanced Go linter
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- techschool/simplebank (Go): Backend master class: build a simple bank service in Go
- ossf/scorecard (Go): OpenSSF Scorecard - Security health metrics for Open Source
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄