Hey there fellow coders!
Welcome back to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter. We've got a lineup of fantastic articles and resources that you won't want to miss. So grab your favorite beverage, put on your coding hat, and let's dive right in!
First up, we have an amazing guide on Error Handling in Golang. This comprehensive guide is packed with examples to help you master the art of handling errors in your Go projects. Whether you're new to Go or a seasoned pro, this guide is a must-read for anyone who wants to write clean and robust code.
Next on the list, we have a handy tool for all you Unicode enthusiasts out there. Do you ever need to convert escape sequences to their corresponding UNICODE codes? Well, fret no more because we have just the thing for you! Check out this awesome article on how to convert escape sequences to UNICODE codes right from a string. It's a real code-saver!
Now, for all the adventurers out there, we have an epic tale to share in the third installment of "The Golang Saga: A Coder's Journey There and Back Again". This time, our protagonist faces the dreaded Graphing Conundrum. Will they triumph over this challenge? You'll have to read Part 3 of the Golang Saga to find out!
Ready to level up your web crawling and spidering game? Look no further! We've got just the thing for you. Introducing the next-generation crawling and spidering framework that'll blow your mind. It's like climbing up the coding Mount Everest without breaking a sweat! Don't miss out on this game-changing framework that will revolutionize your web scraping projects.
Last, but certainly not least, we have something for all you Go developers who love to work with Protobuf. Say hello to Protoc Plugins with Go! This article dives deep into the world of Protoc Plugins and shows you how to harness their power using Go. Trust us, this is a resource you don't want to overlook. Check it out right here!
That's it for this week's newsletter folks! We hope you found these articles and resources as exciting as we did. As always, keep coding, keep learning, and we'll catch you in the next edition.
The Newsletter Team
Our Article Picks
- Claud: Build a web scraper with Go
- Mangabo Kolawole: Building a Robust Webhook Service with Golang: A Comprehensive Guide
- Steven Sklar: We moved our Cloud operations to a Kubernetes Operator
- Ferdinand Mütsch: Wakapi - Open-Source Time Tracking for Devs
- Momchil Atanasov: Understanding the Color type in Go
- Momchil Atanasov: Proper HTTP shutdown in Go
- Demola Malomo: Appwrite + Go: Build APIs without technical overhead
- Scofield Idehen: Building a Simple Web Server with Go
- Aceld: 9. Zinx Connection Management and Property Setting
- Rake: GoLang Reverse Engineering & Hacking
- Olga Braginskaya: The Golang Saga: A Coder’s Journey There and Back Again. Part 3: The Graphing Conundrum
- Homayoon Alimohammadi: Enhancing gRPC Error Handling in a Microservice Architecture
- Joris Conijn: Stubbing AWS Service calls in Golang
- softdev434: How to pretty print json with golang ?
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: Code Formatting and Style - A Guide for Developers
- Ankit malik: Implementing Enums in Golang
- Viacheslav Poturaev: Using code coverage to debug large Go application
- dwarfŧ: Getting started with go
- Albert Colom: How to create CD with GitHub Actions and Kubernetes
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: Error Handling in Golang a Comprehensive Guide With Examples
- aaronblondeau: Crew-Go
- Aceld: 11. MMO Online Game AOI Algorithm
- Darpan Vithani: Golang: Test-Driven Development(TDD) with Gin and MySQL
- Marcos Filho: Validating input JSON
- Homayoon Alimohammadi: Handling JSON in Go
- Homayoon Alimohammadi: Protoc Plugins with Go
- Harendra Kumar Kanojiya: How to Use Sonarqube in Go Project?
- Momchil Atanasov: Go’s true can be false
- UniDoc: Efficient PDF Text Extraction in Golang: Techniques and Tips
- Claud: Build a Credit Card validator using Go
- Volker Schukai: YAConfigLib - Dynamic Configurations in Go: Introducing Postprocessing Hooks
- Aceld: 10. Application Case Study using the Zinx Framework
- Gino Luraschi: Novedades en Go 1.21 🚀
- Ankit malik: How use iota in Golang
- UniDoc: 🚀 Exciting News for Golang Developers! 🚀
- Aceld: 12.Data Transmission Protocol: Protocol Buffers
- Danny Hawkins: Embed Vite React in Golang binary, with live reload!
Our Repo Picks
- 1Panel-dev/1Panel (Go): 🔥 🔥 🔥 现代化、开源的 Linux 服务器运维管理面板。
- songquanpeng/one-api (Go): OpenAI 接口管理 & 分发系统，支持 Azure、Anthropic Claude、Google PaLM 2、智谱 ChatGLM、百度文心一言、讯飞星火认知以及阿里通义千问，可用于二次分发管理 key，仅单可执行文件，已打包好 Docker 镜像，一键部署，开箱即用. OpenAI key management & redistribution system, using a single API for all LLMs, and features an English UI.
- hashicorp/terraform (Go): Terraform enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve infrastructure. It is a source-available tool that codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
- livekit/livekit (Go): End-to-end stack for WebRTC. SFU media server and SDKs.
- gravitl/netmaker (Go): Netmaker makes networks with WireGuard. Netmaker automates fast, secure, and distributed virtual networks.
- sourcegraph/sourcegraph (Go): Code AI platform with Code Search & Cody
- fatedier/frp (Go): A fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- google/cel-go (Go): Fast, portable, non-Turing complete expression evaluation with gradual typing (Go)
- google/uuid (Go): Go package for UUIDs based on RFC 4122 and DCE 1.1: Authentication and Security Services.
- qax-os/excelize (Go): Go language library for reading and writing Microsoft Excel™ (XLAM / XLSM / XLSX / XLTM / XLTX) spreadsheets
- zyedidia/micro (Go): A modern and intuitive terminal-based text editor
- projectdiscovery/katana (Go): A next-generation crawling and spidering framework.
- XTLS/Xray-core (Go): Xray, Penetrates Everything. Also the best v2ray-core, with XTLS support. Fully compatible configuration.
- uber-go/zap (Go): Blazing fast, structured, leveled logging in Go.
- juanfont/headscale (Go): An open source, self-hosted implementation of the Tailscale control server
- meshery/meshery (Go): Meshery, the cloud native manager
- netbirdio/netbird (Go): Connect your devices into a single secure private WireGuard®-based mesh network with SSO/MFA and simple access controls.
- ThreeDotsLabs/wild-workouts-go-ddd-example (Go): Go DDD example application. Complete project to show how to apply DDD, Clean Architecture, and CQRS by practical refactoring.
- hibiken/asynq (Go): Simple, reliable, and efficient distributed task queue in Go
- open-policy-agent/opa (Go): An open source, general-purpose policy engine.
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- cosmtrek/air (Go): ☁️ Live reload for Go apps
- DATA-DOG/go-sqlmock (Go): Sql mock driver for golang to test database interactions
- bytebase/bytebase (Go): Database DevOps and CI/CD for Developer, DBA and Platform Engineering team. https://www.bytebase.com
- 1.21.0 uses many go build folders making it impossible to exclude from antivirus
- Convert escape sequence to its corresponding UNICODE code from a string
- Why my code give me the wrong answer
- Creating Hello world simple program
- Is it possible to show loading icon/gif?
- How to pass r.Context() to DB query from middleware?
- Queryx: An Open-Source Golang ORM with Automatic Schema Management
- Go build is not working properly in github actions
- Getting the owner of a file
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄