🎉🎉 Hey there, amazing readers! 🎉🎉
Welcome to another thrilling edition of our weekly newsletter! We hope you all are ready for an exhilarating journey filled with exciting discoveries and geeky fun! 🚀✨ So strap in, grab yourself a cup of java (the programming kind, of course!), and let's dive right into the world of code.
To kick things off, we have an absolute gem for all you Go enthusiasts out there. We've got a spectacular episode lined up for you, straight from the Go gurus themselves. 🤓 In our S1E1: Concurrency In Go | Goroutine | Channels | Waitgroup episode, get ready to unravel the mysteries of Go's concurrency model, where goroutines and channels dance gracefully with the
Waitgroup. It's gonna be mind-blowing, folks!
But hey, that's not all! As we know, Go is an ever-evolving universe of glorious tools and frameworks. 🌌 That's why we've curated an absolutely fantastic compendium just for you - a list filled to the brim with the most dazzling awesome Go frameworks, libraries, and software. Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned pro, this list is your golden ticket to boosting your Go game to the stratosphere. 🚀✨
And here's something special! 🎉 We know many of you are constantly seeking new challenges and exploring different tech stacks. That's why we've introduced a thrilling new segment in our newsletter called "Gopher Pythonista." 🐍⚡ In our inaugural feature, Gopher Pythonista #1: Moving From Python To Go, we've caught up with some extraordinary developers who have taken the plunge and made the leap from Python to Go. Their inspiring journeys are guaranteed to ignite the spark within you. 🔥
Now, it's time for some serious testing talk! 🛠️ We're always on the lookout for powerful tools to make our lives easier and our code more robust. Well, folks, hold onto your keyboards because we've got a game-changer here! Introducing a phenomenal HTTP load testing tool and library that will blow your mind. Brace yourself for it's over 9000! 🚀🚀 Trust us, you don't want to miss this one. It's a real game-changer!
So, fellow code wizards, it's time to brace yourselves for another thrilling edition of our weekly newsletter. Make sure to click on the links above and delve into an adventure filled with Go's unparalleled concurrency, explore the mesmerizing world of Go frameworks and libraries, join our Gopher Pythonistas on their captivating journey, and discover the ultimate load testing tool. Prepare to level up your coding game!
Remember to buckle up and stay tuned for all the captivating stories and thrilling tech revelations. Until next time, happy coding! 🎉💻
Our Article Picks
- Mateusz Piórowski: TypeScript with Go/Rust errors? No try/catch? Heresy.
- Piotr Tobiasz: Gopher Pythonista #1: Moving From Python To Go
- Vaunt: Generic HTTP Handlers
- soheil-khaledabadi: A Comparative Analysis of Golang and Rust: Unraveling the Strengths and Trade-offs
- Kittipat.po: A Guide to Input Validation in Go with Validator V10
- Olga Braginskaya: The Golang Saga: A Coder’s Journey There and Back Again. Part 2: The Data Expedition
- Code Reliant: 5 Ways to Improve Your API Reliability
- Ankit malik: OpenSearch CRUD operation in Go
- Łukasz Wójcik: Base128 Algorithm: Tool for Encoding and Decoding text data
- Cristian Muñoz: Mastering Go Web Development: Building a Flashcard App
- Watcharin(start): AWS Lambda replicate RDS snapshot
- CodePiper: S1E1: Concurrency In Go | Goroutine | Channels | Waitgroup
- Pritish Samal: Introduction to Go: A Powerful and Efficient Programming Language
- Dominic St-Pierre: Getting started with Go guide
- CodePiper: S1E2: Concurrency Design Patterns: Boring Desing Pattern in Go
- Abhishek Gupta: How do I run my Go applications in a Serverless way?
- Meet Rajesh Gor: Golang: Generics
- UniDoc: How to Apply Digital Signatures to Your PDF Documents?
- Dsysd Dev: How to use Gin framework in golang for web development
- Jonathan Hall: The 10 best Go versions, ranked
- Younis Jad: What’s New in Go 1.21 a Comprehensive Notes
- Josh Duffney: What is Base62 Conversion?
- VONGXAI: ເຮົາມາລອງສ້າງ OAuth Facebook ໃນ go ແບບງ່າຍໆ
- william: Top Programming Languages to Build Smart Contracts in 2023
- Ayo Solomon: How to stream pending blockchain transactions with geth(Go-Ethereum)
- UniDoc: Exploring Golang PDF Library: Your Digital Doc Key
- Younis Jad: (New) Coding Tutorial: Efficient Workflows in Go with Temporal: Signals & Selectors
- Julien: How to Start with Go Programming Language
Our Repo Picks
- go-skynet/LocalAI (Go): 🤖 Self-hosted, community-driven, local OpenAI-compatible API. Drop-in replacement for OpenAI running LLMs on consumer-grade hardware. Free Open Source OpenAI alternative. No GPU required. LocalAI is an API to run ggml compatible models: llama, gpt4all, rwkv, whisper, vicuna, koala, gpt4all-j, cerebras, falcon, dolly, starcoder, and many other
- samber/lo (Go): 💥 A Lodash-style Go library based on Go 1.18+ Generics (map, filter, contains, find...)
- XIU2/CloudflareSpeedTest (Go): 🌩「自选优选 IP」测试 Cloudflare CDN 延迟和速度，获取最快 IP ！当然也支持其他 CDN / 网站 IP ~
- k3s-io/k3s (Go): Lightweight Kubernetes
- halfrost/LeetCode-Go (Go): ✅ Solutions to LeetCode by Go, 100% test coverage, runtime beats 100% / LeetCode 题解
- kubernetes/dashboard (Go): General-purpose web UI for Kubernetes clusters
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-azurerm (Go): Terraform provider for Azure Resource Manager
- charmbracelet/gum (Go): A tool for glamorous shell scripts 🎀
- cilium/cilium (Go): eBPF-based Networking, Security, and Observability
- spf13/cobra (Go): A Commander for modern Go CLI interactions
- IceWhaleTech/CasaOS (Go): CasaOS - A simple, easy-to-use, elegant open-source Personal Cloud system.
- replicate/cog (Go): Containers for machine learning
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- smartcontractkit/chainlink (Go): node of the decentralized oracle network, bridging on and off-chain computation
- hashicorp/terraform (Go): Terraform enables you to safely and predictably create, change, and improve infrastructure. It is an open source tool that codifies APIs into declarative configuration files that can be shared amongst team members, treated as code, edited, reviewed, and versioned.
- jpillora/chisel (Go): A fast TCP/UDP tunnel over HTTP
- uber-go/zap (Go): Blazing fast, structured, leveled logging in Go.
- containerd/containerd (Go): An open and reliable container runtime
- crossplane/crossplane (Go): Cloud Native Control Planes
- songquanpeng/one-api (Go): OpenAI 接口管理 & 分发系统，支持 Azure、Anthropic Claude、Google PaLM 2、智谱 ChatGLM、百度文心一言以及阿里通义千问，可用于二次分发管理 key，仅单可执行文件，已打包好 Docker 镜像，一键部署，开箱即用. OpenAI key management & redistribution system, using a single API for all LLMs, and features an English UI.
- HavocFramework/Havoc (Go): The Havoc Framework.
- tsenart/vegeta (Go): HTTP load testing tool and library. It's over 9000!
- wagoodman/dive (Go): A tool for exploring each layer in a docker image
- k0sproject/k0s (Go): k0s - The Zero Friction Kubernetes
- AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome (Go): Network-wide ads & trackers blocking DNS server
- What is the idiomatic way of reading and parsing/validating configurations?
- Grafana error build from source
- Locking Approaches in Go
- Does Golang support tensorflow?
- CVE-2022-32149 was resolved in whcih go lang version
- [Solved workaround] Os.args and quoted string on commandline
- When I'm creating a menu in Fyne,I'm getting a cannot use fileMenuItem1 as string value error
- [go test] How to write pure test classes to handle larger delay
- Go ORM Helper plugin for GoLand.
- Retrieving the cn attribute from an x509 certificate
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄