Hey there, fellow newsletter enthusiasts! Welcome back to another exciting edition of our weekly newsletter, where we sprinkle a dose of tech-themed adventure into your otherwise mundane inbox. So sit back, relax, and get ready to embark on a journey of all things Go! 🚀
First up, we have a fantastic find for our Go developers out there: a simple, reliable, and efficient distributed task queue in Go. If you've ever found yourself in a sticky situation when it comes to managing tasks across multiple machines, this gem will definitely catch your attention. It's like having a trusty task manager that organizes and delegates work effortlessly – all in the glorious realms of Go.
Speaking of Google goodness, have you ever wished for something that would magically conjure up auto-generated Google APIs for Go? Well, my friends, dreams do come true! This nifty tool ensures you're equipped with the right resources to seamlessly integrate Google's powerful offerings into your Go applications. Trust me, it's a time-saver!
Now, hold on to your keyboards because we have an incredible story to share. Imagine a secret weapon that could significantly boost the efficiency of your golang development. Well, brace yourselves, because developers with immense talent have been building wonders. Take a look at a community backend service developed in just one day. The sheer speed and the technical wizardry showcased here will leave you in awe. It's like witnessing a magical spell bringing a powerful backend service to life!
Alright, buckle up, because we're about to take a little detour into the world of front-end versus back-end development. We all have our preferences, but let me tell you why some of us have always preferred the backend. Say goodbye to the frontend fiasco and join me in exploring the delightful realm of server-side magic. Trust me, you don't want to miss this enlightening read: Frontend? Gross. This Is Why I've Always Preferred the Backend.
Lastly, for all those Go enthusiasts out there, brace yourselves! The Gorilla Toolkit, an essential resource for every Gopher, is coming out of Archive Mode! 🦍 For those who don't know, the Gorilla Toolkit has been an invaluable asset for building fantastic web applications in Go. With its revival, we can expect even more updates, enhancements, and exciting new possibilities. So, Gophers, get ready to unleash the power of the Gorilla Toolkit: Gorilla Toolkit out of Archive Mode.
That's all for this week's newsletter, my tech-loving pals! We hope these fantastic finds and thrilling tales have sparked your curiosity and fueled your passion for all things Go. See you next time, and remember to keep exploring, tinkering, and embracing the wild world of technology! Stay curious! 🌟
Our Article Picks
- Anton Kuklin: Golang: graceful shutdown
- Ankit malik: Go - How to use Resty
- Lane Wagner: Frontend? Gross. This Is Why I've Always Preferred the Backend
- Cherlock Code 🔎: 💨 Get Go-ing! Top 5 Free Resources for Learning Go Programming
- Abhishek Gupta: Ingesting Data into OpenSearch using Apache Kafka and Go
- Ege Aytın: Enhancing Authorization Efficiency: The Power of Relational-Based Access Control
- Alexander: VOLTA - RabbitMQ
s framework that Im working on.
- Jonathan Hall: Go Lexical elements: Rune literals pt 3
- BlazingBits: Go's list of keywords is surprisingly short
- Kevin Naidoo: Fun with golang as a web framework
- Hermit Purple: Learning Go from the ground up
- Kidus: How to Make a Password Generator Bot - Part 2 [Golang/go-telegram]
- Khaled Hosseini: Play Microservices: Api-gateway service
- zhuyasen: A secret weapon to improve the efficiency of golang development, a community backend service was developed in one day
- sebastianmarines: Deploying Go to AWS Lambda with GitHub Actions and Terraform
- Younis Jad: AWS Step Functions vs Temporal: Comparison for Workflow Orchestration
- Michał Kalbarczyk: Let's GO WASM
- Andrew Arrow: A story about slack
- Ayoub Ali: RAR Cracker - Breaking Password-Protected RAR Archives
- Gerasimos (Makis) Maropoulos: How to use hCAPTCHA with Iris
- Riza Farheen: Top 8 Tools for Microservices Development in 2023
- zhuyasen: Using the tool to complete the conversion of a community back-end single service to a microservice cluster in one day
- anasrin: Go: Using fork module
- coderazade: LeetCode Go #1. Two sum
- coderazade: LeetCode Go #2. Add Two Numbers
- Gerasimos (Makis) Maropoulos: Rewrite: A Simple and Powerful URL Rewriter for Go
- Younis Jad: (Series) Efficient Workflow in Go with Temporal.io - Updated
- Gerasimos (Makis) Maropoulos: How to use JWT authentication with Iris
- Volker Schukai: Kick the Mix-ups to the Curb: Nix the Tricks and Juggle Go Projects like a Pro
- Masayoshi Mizutani: Eliminating Sensitive Values from Logs using Slog, the Prospective Official Structured Logger for Go
- maxhu: [go] 使用 mockgen 測試 api
Our Repo Picks
- kubevirt/kubevirt (Go): Kubernetes Virtualization API and runtime in order to define and manage virtual machines.
- photoprism/photoprism (Go): AI-Powered Photos App for the Decentralized Web 🌈💎✨
- meshery/meshery (Go): Meshery, the cloud native manager
- k8sgpt-ai/k8sgpt (Go): Giving Kubernetes Superpowers to everyone
- hibiken/asynq (Go): Simple, reliable, and efficient distributed task queue in Go
- gohugoio/hugo (Go): The world’s fastest framework for building websites.
- gorilla/mux (Go): Package gorilla/mux is a powerful HTTP router and URL matcher for building Go web servers with 🦍
- googleapis/google-api-go-client (Go): Auto-generated Google APIs for Go.
- lima-vm/lima (Go): Linux virtual machines, typically on macOS, for running containerd
- XIU2/CloudflareSpeedTest (Go): 🌩「自选优选 IP」测试 Cloudflare CDN 延迟和速度，获取最快 IP ！当然也支持其他 CDN / 网站 IP ~
- syncthing/syncthing (Go): Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- gocolly/colly (Go): Elegant Scraper and Crawler Framework for Golang
- diggerhq/digger (Go): Digger is an open source alternative to Terraform Cloud & Terraform Enterprise. Digger allows you to run Terraform plan/apply in your existing CI pipeline ⚡️
- deweizhu/bookget (Go): bookget 数字古籍图书下载工具
- runatlantis/atlantis (Go): Terraform Pull Request Automation
- rancher/rancher (Go): Complete container management platform
- ddosify/ddosify (Go): Comprehensive Performance Testing Platform. Available on CLI, Self-Hosted, and Cloud - https://ddosify.com 🚀
- aws/karpenter (Go): Karpenter is a Kubernetes Node Autoscaler built for flexibility, performance, and simplicity.
- iDvel/rime-ice (Go): Rime 配置：雾凇拼音 | 长期维护的简体词库
- TencentBlueKing/bk-cmdb (Go): 蓝鲸智云配置平台(BlueKing CMDB)
- ViRb3/wgcf (Go): 🚤 Cross-platform, unofficial CLI for Cloudflare Warp
- ory/kratos (Go): Next-gen identity server (think Auth0, Okta, Firebase) with Ory-hardened authentication, PassKeys, MFA, FIDO2, TOTP, WebAuthn, profile management, identity schemas, social sign in, registration, account recovery, passwordless. Golang, headless, API-only - without templating or theming headaches. Available as a cloud service.
- slackhq/nebula (Go): A scalable overlay networking tool with a focus on performance, simplicity and security
- go-chi/chi (Go): lightweight, idiomatic and composable router for building Go HTTP services
- google/syzkaller (Go): syzkaller is an unsupervised coverage-guided kernel fuzzer
- Gorilla Toolkit out of Archive Mode
- Why can you ignore a returned error without an underscore?
- Intriguing Pointer Equality Behavior on Zero-Width Types
- Can not execute Go Program
- Why is "/sched/latencies:seconds" a largely delayed metric for gorountine queuing delay
- Dependency management in large company projects - How do you do it?
- "go test" with CGO on macOS and DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH
- Why json marshal use append rather than copy?
- Versions at the and of the name's package
- Data science in Golang
- SAST tools for Golang
- Imported package in GOROOT
- How to persist and check the state, nonce in OIDC code flow
- When I use GODEBUG=madvdontneed=1 and FreeOSMemory, the memory not being reclaimed by OS for long time， why?
- How I used tools to develop a minimal version of a community backend service in a day
- TCP server slows down while multiple client application connected
- Go-playground/validator: support multiple languages for translations
- Go Apache Tika Error - debug ideas?
could not wait for server to finish: exit status 1
- Use an artifact to help me build a community back-end service cluster in one day
- VS Code dosn't see the package
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄