Hey there lovely readers! 🎉
So much has been happening in the tech world lately, and our newsletter is here to keep you up-to-date! With this week's highlights, we have some exciting links to share that will surely pique your interest.
First on the list, we have the amazing Terraform Google Cloud Platform provider. For those of us who are unfamiliar, Terraform is a tool that allows developers to define and automate their infrastructure as code. Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is one of the leading cloud providers today, and Terraform's provider for GCP can help simplify the configuration and maintenance of GCP resources. Cool right? 😎
Up next is Consul, a super-duper distributed solution for connecting and configuring applications across dynamic, distributed infrastructure. This piece of tech is highly available and data center aware, making it a must-have for developers running large-scale applications. With its ease of use and scalability, Consul is fast becoming the go-to solution for modern dev teams.
We also have a link to an interesting read on Lambda Extension with Golang. AWS Lambda is a serverless computing platform, which has been making waves in recent times. And with Golang's growing popularity, this link sheds light on how to extend the capabilities of your Lambda functions by leveraging Golang libraries. A must-read for anyone looking to expand their developer toolkit!
For all my die-hard Golang fans out there (raises hands), we have another link to share: Exploring some Powerful Features of Golang. This article takes a deep dive into some of the powerful features that make Golang such a favourite among developers. We won't spoil the read for you, but you just have to check it out!
Lastly, we can't leave out Beats, a set of lightweight shippers that allow you to send data from your system to Elasticsearch and Logstash. Beats are used to collect various types of data ranging from system logs to network traffic, and even custom application logs. The best part? It's easy to install, and once set up, it automatically collects and sends data to your Elasticsearch or Logstash instance.
That's a wrap, folks! These links are a reflection of the amazing work that's happening in the tech world. So remember, stay curious, keep learning, and stay tuned for next week's newsletter! 🤙🏽
Our Article Picks
- Matt Dale: Sometimes "math/rand" Uses Weighted Dice
- Kaike Castro: Criando APIs em Go e utilizando KrakenD para unir informações
- norflin: I made Software News Wallpaper in pure GO!
- Linielson Rosa: A Go project with AWS (SNS, SQS, Lambda)
- Benjamen Pyle: Lambda Extension with Golang
- Jack: Plugin in Golang
- k.goto: Build Golang Managed App Runner with CDK for Go
- stelin: Openjob: best distributed task scheduling framework
- Kashif Soofi: REST API with Go, Chi, MySQL and sqlx
- Irishgeoff11: Golang context
- Inhere: gookit/slog - release v0.5.2, Lightweight, configurable, extensible logging library
- Benson Macharia: Role-based Access Control in Golang with jwt-go
- Meet Rajesh Gor: Golang: Date and Time
- prakash chokalingam: Envoy External Authorization with Golang GRPC service
- Jack: Exploring some Powerful Features of Golang
- kingkunte_: GO Modules: A Beginner’s Guide to Migrating to Go Modules
- Divyanshu Shekhar: Golang Interface: The Art of Polymorphism in Go Programming
- David Sugar: Go and C, friends forever?
- Aceld 刘丹冰: 5.Zinx Message Encapsulation Module Design and Implementation
- Jonathan Hall: Go Constants can't overflow
- DarkSideOfTheMoon23: Go: no modules were found in the current workspace;
- Jainta Paul: Golang Building from Source
- Ali Torabi: Download torrent files using Golang
- Muhammad Syukur Abadi: The Last Minute Recoffeery Architecture Decision
- Khaled Hosseini: Play Microservices: A Bird's-eye view
- Daryl Young: 5 Interesting Ways To Use ChatGPT with Golang
- Shubham Kumaram: Of Shaved Yaks and Bicycles Sheds
- Edwin Schmierer: Asynchronous Programming in Go
- Marlo Henrique: Abortando testes com falhas no K6
Our Repo Picks
- loft-sh/devpod (Go): Spin up dev environments in any infra. Dev-environments-as-code like Terraform but for dev environments. Like Codespaces but open-source, client-only and unopinionated: Works with any IDE and lets you use any cloud, kubernetes or just on localhost docker.
- 1Panel-dev/1Panel (Go): 🔥 🔥 🔥 现代化、开源的 Linux 服务器运维管理面板。
- gofiber/fiber (Go): ⚡️ Express inspired web framework written in Go
- dgraph-io/badger (Go): Fast key-value DB in Go.
- pocketbase/pocketbase (Go): Open Source realtime backend in 1 file
- argoproj/argo-cd (Go): Declarative continuous deployment for Kubernetes.
- v2rayA/v2rayA (Go): A web GUI client of Project V which supports V2Ray, Xray, SS, SSR, Trojan and Pingtunnel 🚀
- diggerhq/digger (Go): Digger is an open source alternative to Terraform Cloud & Terraform Enterprise. Digger allows you to run Terraform plan/apply in your existing CI/CD pipeline ⚡️
- hashicorp/consul (Go): Consul is a distributed, highly available, and data center aware solution to connect and configure applications across dynamic, distributed infrastructure.
- techschool/simplebank (Go): Backend master class: build a simple bank service in Go
- anchore/syft (Go): CLI tool and library for generating a Software Bill of Materials from container images and filesystems
- gruntwork-io/terragrunt (Go): Terragrunt is a thin wrapper for Terraform that provides extra tools for working with multiple Terraform modules.
- zitadel/zitadel (Go): ZITADEL - The best of Auth0 and Keycloak combined. Built for the serverless era.
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- dolthub/dolt (Go): Dolt – Git for Data
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- hashicorp/terraform-provider-google (Go): Terraform Google Cloud Platform provider
- buger/goreplay (Go): GoReplay is an open-source tool for capturing and replaying live HTTP traffic into a test environment in order to continuously test your system with real data. It can be used to increase confidence in code deployments, configuration changes and infrastructure changes.
- nats-io/nats-server (Go): High-Performance server for NATS.io, the cloud and edge native messaging system.
- dominikh/go-tools (Go): Staticcheck - The advanced Go linter
- XIU2/CloudflareSpeedTest (Go): 🌩「自选优选 IP」测试 Cloudflare CDN 延迟和速度，获取最快 IP ！当然也支持其他 CDN / 网站 IP ~
- urfave/cli (Go): A simple, fast, and fun package for building command line apps in Go
- cloudquery/cloudquery (Go): The open source high performance data integration platform built for developers.
- elastic/beats (Go): 🐠 Beats - Lightweight shippers for Elasticsearch & Logstash
- cloudflare/cloudflared (Go): Cloudflare Tunnel client (formerly Argo Tunnel)
- In this 2023: Which framework we can use for rest API iris, Gin, Echo, Revel, Buffalo, Chi?
- Which is the lightweight API framework
- Calling go functions defined in same package but different folders
- Connect with database Postgresql causes segmentation fault
- Getting error while building docker image
- Cgo error on macOS
- Data Transformations from JSON to SOAP
- Why is the performance of generic functions slightly worse in version 1.19?
- Testing http handlers
- Go code not resolving github links for MVC architecture
- Golang REST API Error
- [database/sql] table of varchar2 is not equal string
- Golang Building from Source
- Why importing packages belonging to the same project is so cumbersome?
- Using CString with cgo and different C types
- Threads in golang dll
- Exporing Go interface type using cgo
- Do i need to close failed tls connection?
- Just wondering... does
go installcommand only accepts no-passpharse ssh key?
- Crosscompile on Linux for AIX/PPC64 - did not run - coredump
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄