Hello and welcome back to this week's edition of our newsletter! We have some exciting things to share with you today, so let's dive right in.
First up, we have a great article on Understanding Golang Object Oriented Programming (OOP) with Examples. If you're looking to take your skills to the next level or just want to brush up on your knowledge, this is the perfect read for you. With clear examples and explanations, you'll be a Golang OOP pro in no time!
Next, we have some valuable information on Error Handling in Golang: How to Prevent Application Stop. As developers, we all know things can sometimes go wrong. This article provides some tips and tricks for handling errors more efficiently, so you can keep your application running smoothly.
If you're interested in AI, then you don't want to miss our next link. LocalAI is a self-hosted, community-driven, local OpenAI-compatible API. The great thing about this API is that it doesn't require a GPU, so you can run it on consumer-grade hardware. With LocalAI, you can easily run ggml compatible models such as llama.cpp, alpaca.cpp, gpt4all.cpp, and many more!
Our next link is a bit more on the risky side, but it's important to be aware of potential threats. This standalone man-in-the-middle attack framework is used for phishing login credentials and session cookies, allowing for the bypass of 2-factor authentication. This is a great reminder to always keep your online security in mind and stay vigilant against potential attacks.
Lastly, we have something for anyone interested in infrastructure as code. Pulumi is an intuitive tool that allows you to build infrastructure on any cloud using familiar languages. With Pulumi, you can easily deploy and manage your infrastructure, making it a great tool for any developer or organization.
That's all for now, folks! We hope you find these links informative and useful. Don't forget to check back next week for more exciting content.
Our Article Picks
- Adrian DY: Understanding Golang Object Oriented Programming (OOP) with Examples
- Cinthia Queiroz: Array e lista encadeada - Entenda a diferença
- Adrian DY: Error Handling in Golang: How to Prevent Application Stop
- Aniket Pal: Build Email Verifier With Go
- Pallat Anchaleechamaikorn: proposal เรื่อง loop variable scoping ที่จะมาใน go 1.22
- Jody Septiawan: Golang Variable
- Masui Masanori: [Pion/WebRTC][TypeScript] Use specific video codec
- Jin Lee: Go SDK!
- Peter McConnell: Building an XDP eBPF Program with C and Golang: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Edit Distance
- Saurabh Bomble: Basic load balancer with NGINX
- Kuldeep Singh: Golang Concurrency Model Explained
- Matronator: Why I dislike Go
- Adrian DY: Slicing in Golang: Understanding the Basics
- Meet Rajesh Gor: Golang: Random Numbers
- Adrian DY: Golang Pointers and Functions: A Guide with Examples
- chandra penugonda: Introduction to Golang Tutorial Series
- Georgios Kampitakis: Kubernetes: Dynamic Admission Control
- Nattrio: มือใหม่หัด Go: Two Sum
- SATO, Yoshiyuki: Passwordless encryption with public key for GitHub
- Mehul Gohil: Backend For Frontend Authentication in Go
- Gealber Morales: USDT transaction on Polygon(MATIC) network
- Chinonso Amadi: UTXO Consolidation: Maximising Your Bitcoin Wallet's Potential
- INDTechverse: GO... Golang Programming
- Nattrio: มือใหม่หัด Go: Factory Pattern
- Sergei Gannochenko: Converting materialized paths into a tree with generics: a Golang kata
- Ives van Hoorne: Unleash The Power of Go in CodeSandbox
- Nattrio: มือใหม่หัด Go: Basic Unit Testing
Our Repo Picks
- go-skynet/LocalAI (Go): 🤖 Self-hosted, community-driven, local OpenAI-compatible API. Drop-in replacement for OpenAI running LLMs on consumer-grade hardware. No GPU required. LocalAI is a RESTful API to run ggml compatible models: llama.cpp, alpaca.cpp, gpt4all.cpp, rwkv.cpp, whisper.cpp, vicuna, koala, gpt4all-j, cerebras and many others!
- gin-gonic/gin (Go): Gin is a HTTP web framework written in Go (Golang). It features a Martini-like API with much better performance -- up to 40 times faster. If you need smashing performance, get yourself some Gin.
- 1Panel-dev/1Panel (Go): 现代化、开源的 Linux 服务器运维管理面板。
- trustwallet/assets (Go): A comprehensive, up-to-date collection of information about several thousands (!) of crypto tokens.
- knadh/listmonk (Go): High performance, self-hosted, newsletter and mailing list manager with a modern dashboard. Single binary app.
- kubernetes/kubernetes (Go): Production-Grade Container Scheduling and Management
- syncthing/syncthing (Go): Open Source Continuous File Synchronization
- samber/lo (Go): 💥 A Lodash-style Go library based on Go 1.18+ Generics (map, filter, contains, find...)
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- pocketbase/pocketbase (Go): Open Source realtime backend in 1 file
- piaolin/DetectDee (Go): DetectDee: Hunt down social media accounts by username, email or phone across social networks.
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- moby/moby (Go): Moby Project - a collaborative project for the container ecosystem to assemble container-based systems
- aquasecurity/trivy (Go): Find vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, secrets, SBOM in containers, Kubernetes, code repositories, clouds and more
- distribution/distribution (Go): The toolkit to pack, ship, store, and deliver container content
- projectdiscovery/nuclei (Go): Fast and customizable vulnerability scanner based on simple YAML based DSL.
- gogs/gogs (Go): Gogs is a painless self-hosted Git service
- kgretzky/evilginx2 (Go): Standalone man-in-the-middle attack framework used for phishing login credentials along with session cookies, allowing for the bypass of 2-factor authentication
- XTLS/REALITY (Go): THE NEXT FUTURE
- GoogleCloudPlatform/golang-samples (Go): Sample apps and code written for Google Cloud in the Go programming language.
- pulumi/pulumi (Go): Pulumi - Infrastructure as Code in any programming language. Build infrastructure intuitively on any cloud using familiar languages 🚀
- stretchr/testify (Go): A toolkit with common assertions and mocks that plays nicely with the standard library
- ansible-semaphore/semaphore (Go): Modern UI for Ansible
- SagerNet/sing-box (Go): The universal proxy platform
- tidwall/gjson (Go): Get JSON values quickly - JSON parser for Go
- Does Go has disadvantages compared to C/C++ when using in low-level system and embedded programming?
- Get API not returning customerId
- What is NoCompression?
- My go lang code
- Visit-counting cookie counts twice at once
- Setting value of structs in Go debugger Delve
- My first public Go package - bitmask
- Gws: the fastest go websocket server
- Logging with additional fields in web services
- No elegant way to make a struct with mixed element?
- Go lang resp.Insert problem
- Go packages and project structure and github throwing error
- Standard-Solution to protect a variable for concurrent access
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄