TLWI Golang #119
Welcome to this week's exciting edition of our newsletter! We have scoured the internet to bring you some amazing links that will leave you inspired and excited about the latest developments in various fields. Without further ado, let's dive right in!
First up, we have an amazing network-wide ads & trackers blocking DNS server that will revolutionize the way you surf the internet. With this server, you no longer have to worry about pesky ads and undesirable trackers following you everywhere you go. It's time to take back control of your browsing experience!
If you are a developer looking to build HTTP services, then you need to check out this lightweight, idiomatic and composable router for Go. This router is designed to make your work easier and more efficient, allowing you to focus on what really matters- delivering awesome services.
For all the Go developers out there, we have something special for you. These general purpose extensions to golang's database/sql will take your skills to a whole new level. With these extensions, you can breeze through database operations with ease, saving you precious time that you can use for other projects.
If you're looking for a successful Go project layout, look no further than the one we're having great success with. This Go project layout is clean, organized, and makes it easy to structure your code in a way that makes sense to you. Trust us, your future self will thank you for adopting this layout.
Finally, we have an exciting link that will appeal to all the AdTech enthusiasts out there. This SingleStoreDB and Looker package is an excellent tool for anyone looking to take their AdTech game to the next level. With SingleStoreDB and Looker, you can now analyze your Ads and maximize your ROI like never before.
That's it for this week, folks! We hope these links have been insightful and entertaining. Stay tuned for next week's edition, where we promise to bring you even more exciting content.
Our Article Picks
- javinpaul: My Favorite Free Courses to Learn Golang in 2023
- Ansu Jain: SOLID Principles: Explained with Golang Examples
- Tobias: Test Fixtures in Go
- Benjamen Pyle: Event Driven Architecture with AWS Healthlake
- kingkunte: Go Modules: A Beginner's Guide.
- Matt Angelosanto: Best GUI frameworks for Go
- Abhishek Gupta: Use Golang for data processing with Amazon Kinesis and AWS Lambda
- Joonhyeok Ahn (Joon): Understanding of context in Go
- Ansu Jain: Mastering Middleware in Go: Tips, Tricks, and Real-World Use Cases
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Subarray Sum Equals K
- Benjamen Pyle: Parsing Parquet stored in S3 with Go
- KLN: Roadmap to Learn Go Development 2023
- Ansu Jain: Building and Consuming Custom Packages in Go: A Complete Guide
- perber: Building a Kubernetes Dashboard: Implementing a real-time Logview with Server-Sent Events and React-Window
- ElioenaiFerrari: Rotation keys in Golang
- Jonathan Hall: Go Code Roast: Logstash to Prometheus exporter
- Gino Luraschi: Genericos en Go
- Ramzi A.: Bucket Storage on Railway with Go
- Akmal Chaudhri: AdTech using SingleStoreDB and Looker
- Gurleen Sethi: Server Sent Events in Go
- Jarrod Roberson: Go project layout I am having great success with.
- David Li: Spaceshooter in Go
- Dhruvil Joshi: Golang vs NodeJs: Which One to Choose for Your Next Web Project?
- digitebs: Merge Intervals
- ViviLearns2Code: HTTP/2 in Golang
- Rahul Dubey: Make it Go! - Introduction
Our Repo Picks
- sashabaranov/go-openai (Go): OpenAI ChatGPT, GPT-3, GPT-4, DALL·E, Whisper API wrapper for Go
- cloudflare/cloudflared (Go): Cloudflare Tunnel client (formerly Argo Tunnel)
- sundowndev/phoneinfoga (Go): Information gathering framework for phone numbers
- SagerNet/sing-box (Go): The universal proxy platform
- Leizhenpeng/feishu-chatgpt (Go): 🎒 飞书 ×（GPT-3.5 + DALL·E + Whisper）= 飞一般的工作体验 🚀 语音对话、角色扮演、多话题讨论、图片创作、表格分析、文档导出 🚀
- hashicorp/packer (Go): Packer is a tool for creating identical machine images for multiple platforms from a single source configuration.
- ccfos/nightingale (Go): An enterprise-level cloud-native monitoring system, which can be used as drop-in replacement of Prometheus for alerting and Grafana for visualization.
- AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome (Go): Network-wide ads & trackers blocking DNS server
- kubernetes/enhancements (Go): Enhancements tracking repo for Kubernetes
- pressly/goose (Go): A database migration tool. Supports SQL migrations and Go functions.
- XTLS/Xray-core (Go): Xray, Penetrates Everything. Also the best v2ray-core, with XTLS support. Fully compatible configuration.
- go-gorm/gorm (Go): The fantastic ORM library for Golang, aims to be developer friendly
- google/go-containerregistry (Go): Go library and CLIs for working with container registries
- mozilla/sops (Go): Simple and flexible tool for managing secrets
- go-chi/chi (Go): lightweight, idiomatic and composable router for building Go HTTP services
- Mrs4s/go-cqhttp (Go): cqhttp 的 golang 实现，轻量、原生跨平台.
- jmoiron/sqlx (Go): general purpose extensions to golang's database/sql
- argoproj/argo-events (Go): Event-driven automation framework
- deepfence/ThreatMapper (Go): Open source cloud native security observability platform. Linux, K8s, AWS Fargate and more.
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- hashicorp/vault (Go): A tool for secrets management, encryption as a service, and privileged access management
- ethereum/go-ethereum (Go): Official Go implementation of the Ethereum protocol
- unknwon/the-way-to-go_ZH_CN (Go): 《The Way to Go》中文译本，中文正式名《Go 入门指南》
- fyne-io/fyne (Go): Cross platform GUI toolkit in Go inspired by Material Design
- hibiken/asynq (Go): Simple, reliable, and efficient distributed task queue in Go
- Confused about packages
- Honest advice for New Golang devs
- Bug (fixed in 1.20?) concerning func variables
- Marshaling nested types
- How many levels of pointer indirection can you have at runtime? Is there no limit?
- Problem with calculating code coverage in Go when some packages are not imported in test files
- why int(4.4) cant work?
- How to collect values from a channel into a slice in Go? (I want a utility method, maybe from go-funk)
- Code reusability best practices
- How to collect information in each package's source code directory when building a project
- Server session state design pattern
- How can I compile tests to Binary and run Single Test
- How can I extend a function from another package
- File sent to email with golang
- Some confussion on Slice
- Cookie attributes not being set
- Sending and reading files via email with Golang
- Go library for creating plugins and workflows
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄