TLWI Golang #111
Hello and welcome to this week's edition of our newsletter!
In our tech section, we have some exciting links for you to check out. First up, we have an article on benchmarking web servers in different languages. With so many programming languages to choose from, how do you know which one is the best choice for your web server? This article breaks down some popular languages and compares their performance metrics so you can make an informed decision.
Next, we have Channels in Golang. Are you new to Go programming and curious about how channels work? This article is a great introduction to the concept of concurrency in Go and how channels can be used to communicate between different threads.
Whether you're a seasoned programmer or just starting out, everyone wants to know what would be an easy way to accomplish something? This article offers some practical tips and tricks for streamlining your workflow and making coding more efficient.
If you've been following the cryptocurrency world, you have probably heard about Ethereum. But have you heard of Optimism? It's a scaling solution for Ethereum that promises to drastically reduce transaction fees and increase the network's speed. This article gives you an overview of what Optimism is and how it works.
And last but not least, we have an intro to generics in Go. Generics have long been a feature that Go developers have been requesting, and they are finally arriving in the language with the upcoming release of Go 1.18. This article explains what generics are and how they can be used to write more flexible and reusable code.
We hope you enjoy reading these articles as much as we did. Have a great week!
Our Article Picks
- Tanmay Vaish: Why Golang is a Good Choice for Developers in 2023
- Jacob Kim: Intro to Generics in Go
- Hitesh Pattanayak: Understanding gRPC Concepts, Use Cases & Best Practices
- Quame Jnr: Channels in Golang
- L2ncE: Hertz supports HTTP3 Interpretation of v0.5.0 version
- Filip: Benchmarking web servers in different languages
- Kamesh Sampath: Build and sign application containers
- Aldo Vázquez: Monitoring Linux instances with Prometheus and Grafana
- Amit Shekhar: Test with Testify and Mockery in Go
- Adnan Rahić: Observability-driven development with Go and Tracetest
- Ebenezer Enietan (Niza): These newer programming Languages could be the future
- Amit Shekhar: Configuration with Viper in Go
- Rokibul Hasan: Designing an API in Go: Best Practices and Examples
- Amoghavarsha: 3 Ways Of Assigning Values To Variables in Go
- Bouchaala Reda: Secret Key Encryption with Go using AES
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Remove Nodes From Linked List
- Anton Zhiyanov: Atomic operations composition in Go
- Megan Grant: MongoDB $weeklyUpdate #101 (January 20, 2023): Interacting with MongoDB in an AWS Lambda Function Using Go!
- Joubert RedRat: Slim, possivelmente o framework ideal para quem vem do Golang
- Tangpanqing: Go is also able to use objects to operate databases. Many users have commented that this ensures robustness in the code
- Envitab: Building a simple command-line calculator with Go 👨💻
- David Marko: Mastering LiveView development in GoLang
- Georgios Kampitakis: Golang Unit Test Coverage
- Alkesh Ghorpade: LeetCode - Partition List
Our Repo Picks
- danielgross/whatsapp-gpt (Go): undefined
- amitshekhariitbhu/go-backend-clean-architecture (Go): A Go (Golang) Backend Clean Architecture project with Gin, MongoDB, JWT Authentication Middleware, Test, and Docker.
- alpkeskin/mosint (Go): An automated e-mail OSINT tool
- aquasecurity/trivy (Go): Find vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, secrets, SBOM in containers, Kubernetes, code repositories, clouds and more
- AdguardTeam/AdGuardHome (Go): Network-wide ads & trackers blocking DNS server
- evcc-io/evcc (Go): Sonne tanken ☀️🚘
- helm/helm (Go): The Kubernetes Package Manager
- VictoriaMetrics/VictoriaMetrics (Go): VictoriaMetrics: fast, cost-effective monitoring solution and time series database
- panjf2000/gnet (Go): 🚀 gnet is a high-performance, lightweight, non-blocking, event-driven networking framework written in pure Go./ gnet 是一个高性能、轻量级、非阻塞的事件驱动 Go 网络框架。
- crossplane/crossplane (Go): Cloud Native Control Planes
- cilium/ebpf (Go): ebpf-go is a pure-Go library to read, modify and load eBPF programs and attach them to various hooks in the Linux kernel.
- ledgerwatch/erigon (Go): Ethereum implementation on the efficiency frontier
- jpillora/chisel (Go): A fast TCP/UDP tunnel over HTTP
- gofireflyio/aiac (Go): Artificial Intelligence Infrastructure-as-Code Generator.
- k3s-io/k3s (Go): Lightweight Kubernetes
- grpc/grpc-go (Go): The Go language implementation of gRPC. HTTP/2 based RPC
- cloudwego/hertz (Go): Go HTTP framework with high-performance and strong-extensibility for building micro-services.
- argoproj/argo-cd (Go): Declarative continuous deployment for Kubernetes.
- dagger/dagger (Go): A programmable CI/CD engine that runs your pipelines in containers
- ddosify/ddosify (Go): High-performance load testing tool, written in Golang. For distributed and Geo-targeted load testing: Ddosify Cloud - https://ddosify.com 🚀
- RaymondCode/simple-demo (Go): undefined
- lightningnetwork/lnd (Go): Lightning Network Daemon ⚡️
- ethereum-optimism/optimism (Go): Optimism is Ethereum, scaled.
- go-gitea/gitea (Go): Git with a cup of tea, painless self-hosted git service
- kubernetes/enhancements (Go): Enhancements tracking repo for Kubernetes
- Go program to modify a text contained in a .txt file
- Remote Senior Golang Engineer (Backend/Data)
- Unexpected performance degradation on multiple Go routines
- Warting a code with less energy
- Hiring - Senior Backend Engineer (Go)
- Write web page into memory and then to header
- Cannot run a specific project
- How to find out the port state?
- Question about the usage of Context?
- Double Double Quotes
- Webrtc Data Channel always in connecting state and not open
- Help cookie redirect
- What would be a easy way to acomplish this?
- Conflict in imports
- Did google layoff cause golang team nerf?
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄