TLWI Golang #104
Welcome to another edition of our exciting weekly newsletter! This week we have a plethora of awesome tech references that'll leave you feeling excited and informed.
First up, we have Crypto/tls - tls.CipherSuites() - FIPS compliance. If secure communication is your game, you're going to want to check out this article. It will cover everything from ciphertext suites to how to ensure that your system is FIPS compliant.
Next up, we have a bit of a puzzler - Go run main.go run error. If you're into Go programming, you're probably well aware of how temperamental it can be. This article delves into a common issue and offers a solution.
Now onto something that pretty much everyone can benefit from - the lazier way to manage everything docker. We all know that managing a Docker container can be time-consuming, so why not make your life easier? This article shows some great tips and tricks to help streamline your Docker management process.
If you're interested in the world of Kubernetes, you won't want to miss the API traffic viewer for Kubernetes providing deep visibility into all API traffic and payloads going in, out and across containers and pods inside a Kubernetes cluster. This tech reference is like a combination of TCPDump and Wireshark - for Kubernetes! It's a valuable tool for those who want deep visibility into the dynamics of their Kubernetes cluster.
Finally, blazing fast, structured, leveled logging in Go is an article that Go programmers won't want to miss. This article takes you through some step-by-step instructions to create a sophisticated and structured logging system for your Go application. It's interesting and informative, and all Go developers will definitely learn something new.
That's all for this week's edition! We hope you've found these tech references as interesting and informative as we have. As always, stay curious, keep learning, and we'll see you again next week!
Our Article Picks
- Rahul Bagal: Docker Tutorial: Quick, Easy & Effective Guide to Get Started Developing Go Apps
- Cyber: Passing multiple arguments to golang sub-templates
- Kuldeep Singh: Rest api to upload images in Go
- li-jin-ou: Hertz how to use Opentelemetry for beginners
- Gabriel Grubba: Making TUI kanban app with BubbleTea | MongoDB Atlas Hackathon 2022 on DEV
- Srinivas Kandukuri: Golang useful links
- Lorain: An interesting process of solving an issue
- Pratik Singh: Illustrating Istio⛵
- Tomas Francisco Lingotti: Concurrencia en Golang II
- Wako: Introduccion a Golangci Lint
- ente: Using Postgres as a task queue for rowdy Gophers
- Hasan Behbahani: Simple XDP Firewall with Golang
- Oscar Reyes: Frontend Overhaul of OTel Demo: Go to Next.js
- Charles Scholle: Golang: Named Returns Are Useful!!!
- Yuki Kamata: Try Hello World of Go in 3min
- Singula Team: Our interview about microservices trends in 2022
- Toul: Ch. 3 Flow Control
- Jonathan Hall: Explaining my standard golangci-lint configuration (.golangci.toml)
- Muhammad Saiful: Goroutine Race Condition
- Jonathan Hall: StackOverflow terminal tool in Go, code-reviewed
- Maxime Guilbert: How to debug : File is not
- Jonathan Hall: Go Code Roast #2: readability.js port
- Jason Mandel: Towards an Orthographic Development Environment: Small Beginnings
- Sudipto Biswas: Rest API to upload images Golang
- Maxime Guilbert: Comment corriger : File is not
- did: Go Channels, Waitgroups, and Go Routines
- golangchar: How to remove a specific character from the string in Golang?
- sai teja: Limit the Go Routines
- sai teja: Fun with GO Concurrency
- Srinivas Kandukuri: First class functions in Go
- sai teja: Pub Sub model in golang
- Andrew Pillar: Fast embedded templates in Go with quicktemplate
- Berezhnev Vladimir: Kinoway
Our Repo Picks
- runfinch/finch (Go): The Finch CLI an open source client for container development
- nektos/act (Go): Run your GitHub Actions locally 🚀
- memphisdev/memphis-broker (Go): Memphis is an Open-Source, Real-Time Data Processing Platform
- kubeshark/kubeshark (Go): The API traffic viewer for Kubernetes providing deep visibility into all API traffic and payloads going in, out and across containers and pods inside a Kubernetes cluster. Think TCPDump and Wireshark re-invented for Kubernetes
- apernet/hysteria (Go): Hysteria is a feature-packed proxy & relay tool optimized for lossy, unstable connections (e.g. satellite networks, congested public Wi-Fi, connecting to foreign servers from China)
- avelino/awesome-go (Go): A curated list of awesome Go frameworks, libraries and software
- alpkeskin/mosint (Go): An automated e-mail OSINT tool
- Dreamacro/clash (Go): A rule-based tunnel in Go.
- jesseduffield/lazydocker (Go): The lazier way to manage everything docker
- aws/aws-sdk-go (Go): AWS SDK for the Go programming language.
- lima-vm/lima (Go): Linux virtual machines, typically on macOS, for running containerd
- hashicorp/vault (Go): A tool for secrets management, encryption as a service, and privileged access management
- prometheus/blackbox_exporter (Go): Blackbox prober exporter
- containerd/nerdctl (Go): contaiNERD CTL - Docker-compatible CLI for containerd, with support for Compose, Rootless, eStargz, OCIcrypt, IPFS, ...
- go-redis/redis (Go): Type-safe Redis client for Golang
- influxdata/telegraf (Go): The plugin-driven server agent for collecting & reporting metrics.
- juanfont/headscale (Go): An open source, self-hosted implementation of the Tailscale control server
- jackc/pgx (Go): PostgreSQL driver and toolkit for Go
- uber-go/zap (Go): Blazing fast, structured, leveled logging in Go.
- bytebase/bytebase (Go): Database CI/CD for DevOps teams. https://www.bytebase.com
- github/gh-ost (Go): GitHub's Online Schema-migration Tool for MySQL
- benthosdev/benthos (Go): Fancy stream processing made operationally mundane
- rclone/rclone (Go): "rsync for cloud storage" - Google Drive, S3, Dropbox, Backblaze B2, One Drive, Swift, Hubic, Wasabi, Google Cloud Storage, Yandex Files
- sirupsen/logrus (Go): Structured, pluggable logging for Go.
- docker/buildx (Go): Docker CLI plugin for extended build capabilities with BuildKit
- Go Contractor, Remote or Helsinki
- Handling websocket writeerror
- Go run main.go run error
- Is there a way to stop and start a service running on linux from grpc microservice
- Remote Go Developer
- Looking for a Middle Go Developer in Germany
- Configure linting in VS code go plugin
- Crypto/tls - tls.CipherSuites() - FIPS compliance
- How to do email api operation with go gin
- Go-dongle version 0.1.4 was released, better encoding&decoding and encryption&decryption for golang
- Looking for Go Contractor, remote or Helsinki
- Middle Go Developer, Germany only
Gopher Gold is a weekly roundup for all things Go! If you have more suggestions for resources, submit them below! Follow me on Twitter for more projects @dennisokeeffe92.
Subscribe to my personal newsletter to get updates on TheLastWeekIn.Dev + more! 🦄